Wasn't someone looking for some photos?

They sound as if they’re very happily settled and showing real character now :luv:

I haven't had pigs so....vocally expressive (lol) since Jake. Even Comet was never so loud. Or so insistent. I was running late with their dinner because I'd gone outside to have a smoke first and ended up talking to my left-side neighbour for 20 minutes. Oops. Finished my cigarette and came back inside to immediate shrieks of displeasure from them both.

Aside from the handling issues (because my hands are permanently cold) we're getting on so well it's like they've been here for longer than...however long it's been. See? I've forgotten already. I might be their fourth home but I'm adamant there's not going to be a fifth.

Edit - wait, it's not even been 3 weeks yet? That definitely can't be right :eek:

Our skinnies make constant noise. Luna's noises are quieter but Nova is so loud. She screams at everything.
Pick her up? Scream.
Walk in the room? Scream.
Luna sits near her? Scream.
Can't see Luna? Scream.
It's food time? Scream.
A noise like food? Scream.
Nothing happened for a while? Scream.

Then when she runs around she makes this weird grunting/squeak noise almost like a walking tracker.

Camowen for a while was definitely the louder one, Bann would join in after a second but he seemed content to let Cam do all the hard work. But not anymore! I feel like, on some level, they're trying to out-shriek each other and really, I'm just glad that I don't live in a flat anymore and they're not near any of the walls shared with the other 3 houses around me.

Just as long as they don't start those shenanigans in front of someone who doesn't understand that shrieking is an everyday activity, they're absolutely fine, but do not reward the shrieking with treats. They're trying to guilt trip you. You mustn't give in!

Even though I give in all the time :whistle:

I’m sure Cleo is a skinny in a wig! 🤔 Sounds so similar, those shrieks of hers makes the walls bloody shake! :)) My neighbours probably wonder what the hell I do to her!
But yup, it definitely works and I have given in on many occasions, you’re not alone! 😆

Quiet as mice and refusing to come out of bed, all day, except for breakfast and dinner. I go to walk downstairs and I get shrieked at.

And apparently they had a pooping party after dinner. How can anypig produce so much poop in a couple of hours?!

DSC_0508.webp

Also they just unintentionally booped each other on the nose and I can't stop laughing.

Quiet as mice and refusing to come out of bed, all day, except for breakfast and dinner. I go to walk downstairs and I get shrieked at.

And apparently they had a pooping party after dinner. How can anypig produce so much poop in a couple of hours?!

View attachment 196298

Also they just unintentionally booped each other on the nose and I can't stop laughing.
Pooping is a skinny pig super power.

I’m loving the updates & hearing how these little guys are settling in with you @Lorcan. They are certainly characters!

Driving me insane :)) they will shriek in protest when I try to do as little as go to the toilet, or up and down the stairs. Occasionally they won't and I'll stick my head round the door, and then they assume it's feeding time again because they've seen me.

Then they do neither of these things because they're trying to sleep and I panic because they've stopped making noise, lol.

I genuinely feel like a brand new owner all over again, but they seem to be gaining weight, happy to say hello, I've had popcorns a few times now, and I wouldn't trade them for the world. Now if I could just convince them that making noise at around 7 or 8am would be much better than waiting til I wake up at 10am to complain about breakfast being late...

Oh, and now all the neighbours know I have guinea pigs and it's not necessarily because I told them. :oops:

I don't know which one of these two numpties it was but one of them had me thinking they'd peed on me earlier.

Running behind me and sticking your very warm body against my backside had me questioning so many things while I cleaned out your cage, boys. So many things.

I don't know which one of these two numpties it was but one of them had me thinking they'd peed on me earlier.

Running behind me and sticking your very warm body against my backside had me questioning so many things while I cleaned out your cage, boys. So many things.
Kinda reminds me of when my mother-in-law borrowed my husband's car. She said that it took her a little bit to figure out that the seats in the car were heated and she had pushed the seat heater on. Thought she was having the strangest hot flash as only her bum was getting hot. :))

Piggies are forever hopeful of food. My local Radio Station has a silly quiz at 6.20 every week day morning. This morning's was "You feed me loads but I am forever hungry what am I?" My immediate thought was a guinea pig. The actual answer was a fire.

Back