Wasn't someone looking for some photos?

All I can say is....do not leave plastic bags etc near the bars of the cage ,or you will find holes in it.i Place a black bag near the cage I was cleaning,popped to toilet,came back to find a piggie inthe black bag where old lettuce had been placed !🙄

Yup. Bann tried eating the old hay out of the black (well, grey) bag tonight. :roll:

Then Camowen tried eating the new placed woodshavings. All fun and games in this house tonight. Cam also didn't like the sound of my support workers phone today and kept doing the thousand yard stare every time it went off. Then he had to hold Cam for a couple of minutes because he was refusing to leave his bed so I could change the fleece otherwise (and seemed quite concerned at how warm he was). Is anyone else seeing a pattern today?

(in less entertaining news his feet were quite pink looking. Sigh. Up there with the "yup your nails need clipped but you're still not comfy enough with me for that" thing)
DSC_0384.webpDSC_0386.webpDSC_0387.webp

Yup. Bann tried eating the old hay out of the black (well, grey) bag tonight. :roll:

Then Camowen tried eating the new placed woodshavings. All fun and games in this house tonight. Cam also didn't like the sound of my support workers phone today and kept doing the thousand yard stare every time it went off. Then he had to hold Cam for a couple of minutes because he was refusing to leave his bed so I could change the fleece otherwise (and seemed quite concerned at how warm he was). Is anyone else seeing a pattern today?

(in less entertaining news his feet were quite pink looking. Sigh. Up there with the "yup your nails need clipped but you're still not comfy enough with me for that" thing)
View attachment 195349View attachment 195350View attachment 195351
The boys look happy in there nice clean cage. All my piggies seem to think that the tastiest bits of hay are those I'm taking away.😂

It's always surprising to people how warm skinny pigs are. They have a high metabolic rate, probably why they are so hyperactive too.

Eek. Stunners! Congratulations on your new arrivals! I’m a bit late to the thread but have enjoyed it all the same and look forward to updates.

Eek. Stunners! Congratulations on your new arrivals! I’m a bit late to the thread but have enjoyed it all the same and look forward to updates.

Tonight they're mostly just yelling the place down every time the weather gets worse and then as soon as I go to check to make sure it is just the weather upsetting them, they see me and think "ooooh food!"

It's been a long evening, lol.

So I haven't been feeling great for a few days (like I'm anaemic again, although I'm probably not) and I needed to clean out the cage. It wasn't a complete loss but I wanted it cleaned before it was, you know?

So since I feel icky, I'm in the cage to clean it and of course that means the fleece is already covered in shavings.

DSC_0407.webp

So I haven't been feeling great for a few days (like I'm anaemic again, although I'm probably not) and I needed to clean out the cage. It wasn't a complete loss but I wanted it cleaned before it was, you know?

So since I feel icky, I'm in the cage to clean it and of course that means the fleece is already covered in shavings.

View attachment 196026
Sorry you’re feeling under par. Gorgeous photo ❤️

Thank you. It should sort itself out in another few days. I'm thinking, since they don't actually mind my doing so I'm gonna sit in here with them for a bit. Although Bann keeps nibbling at my socks and Camowen, my jeans, lol.

Have fun. I love to sit in with my boys while they run around me 😍

Sorry you're feeling a bit under the weather @Lorcan. Hope you feel well soon.

Lovely to see Bann and Camowen looking so settled. I'm sure they love having their hooman in the cage to nibble on. Hope they stick to chewing your clothing and don't start on you.😂

So they're sort of getting the hang of the paper bag, but also I managed (finally) to get more than one non-blurry photo of them both! So apologies for the spam but also not really?

DSC_0439.webp
DSCPDC_0000_BURST20220214103036894.webp
DSC_0444.webp
DSC_0462.webp
DSC_0483.webp
DSCPDC_0001_BURST20220214103526616.webp
DSC_0496.webp
DSC_0502.webp

Hope you feel better soon! Watch out if they run up your trouser leg, Tallulah once mistook my pyjamas for a fleecy tunnel while I was in her cage poop scooping :)

Thankfully my jeans leg isn't wide enough! And thank you 😍

We order amazon fresh which deliver in paper bags so have a nice stock of paper bags from there. They're quite thick too. Nova learnt its more fun to renovate the bag so it has an extra door in the side to make a quick escape.

I used to do that, and order Morrisons in the same way, but my new (well, since December) address isn't covered by them. Five minutes up the road, but there you go. That Morrisons bag came from an Uber Eats order (you can't get much from Morrisons on Uber Eats but I did get 2 out of a 3 pack of peppers (I didn't like the look of the 3rd so the boys didn't get it), some cucumber and a couple of other lots of veggies).

Hope you feel better soon!

And thank you!

Back