Wasn't someone looking for some photos?

also! this isn't anything much and unfortunately you can hear me breathing rather than any noise they're making (it was warm in that room and I'd cleaned out the cage, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!). Anyway. I got better internet yesterday and thought I'd test how it was, soooo...

(@Bill & Ted)

Beautiful clean and tidy cage. How long did it stay looking that pristine?

lucky piggies,love those fleece liners !bet thats a mess now,piggies are not piggies if they do not leave a mess !

DSC_0605.webp

It's tidier than the rest of the room right now

DSC_0606.webp

Although I think I'm being subtly told to fill their bowl.

I wasn't sure where to put this so I'll put it here -

They're eating fine. They didn't want half of their breakfast this morning but changed their tune when I produced a baby plum tomato (just one each) and a large handful of coriander. I'm not convinced they're off their food, just that they didn't want their original breakfast. But they've been quiet. All day. There's the occasional small chutter to each other as they're running around the cage but no wheeks at all.

I never thought I'd be so agitated at the lack of shrieking.

also! this isn't anything much and unfortunately you can hear me breathing rather than any noise they're making (it was warm in that room and I'd cleaned out the cage, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!). Anyway. I got better internet yesterday and thought I'd test how it was, soooo...

(@Bill & Ted)

New liners looking good @Lorcan 👍😁

So good to see the boys looking so happy. I love the new liners. I wouldn't worry about them having a quiet day, maybe they are worn out from cage clean excitement. As long as they are eating well, I'm sure that they are fine.xx

So good to see the boys looking so happy. I love the new liners. I wouldn't worry about them having a quiet day, maybe they are worn out from cage clean excitement. As long as they are eating well, I'm sure that they are fine.xx

They're eating, they're moving around, they're just missing that spark of excitement. Subdued, really.

One of them ate the dustpan. The other one ate the rubbish bag. Tonight's comedy of errors, ladies and gentlemen!

It's a good thing they're cute.
Luna has a fetish for plastic. She loves the plastic bristles of the brush. Bin bags are a delicacy to her. Any plastic bag is mega tasty. 🤤

Cage cleaning day is a plastic buffet. Dustpan, brush, bag, hand hoover. All tasty plastic!

Luna has a fetish for plastic. She loves the plastic bristles of the brush. Bin bags are a delicacy to her. Any plastic bag is mega tasty. 🤤

Cage cleaning day is a plastic buffet. Dustpan, brush, bag, hand hoover. All tasty plastic!

the worst part is I know it's a bad idea to leave the dustpan where they can get it. I use the dustpan to scoop up the soiled paper bedding, and I'd started and then thought to move some of the fleece into the washing machine for the morning to give myself room. I go back upstairs, and realised with horror that a) I left the dustpan IN the cage and b) Bann was right in front of it.

Serves me right haha, I should know better.

Still barely a peep out of them but they were back to begging at the bars for breakfast this morning. It's like they've been shrieking for so long they've shrieked themselves hoarse, but I'm feeling less anxious about them today.

DSC_0623.webp

My poor dustpan.

Still barely a peep out of them but they were back to begging at the bars for breakfast this morning. It's like they've been shrieking for so long they've shrieked themselves hoarse, but I'm feeling less anxious about them today.

View attachment 197628

My poor dustpan.
That looks like mine 😆

My dustpan should have a rubber strip on the edge. Nugget has puled most of it off. I remember for a while not to put it down in the cage while I'm cleaning, then I forget and that's another bit gone. This is his second dustpan, the last one got relegated to use in the garden.

Thankfully there was no rubber strip on this one, or if there was it's been missing since long before I even moved. I just remember picking it up and thinking that I was both grateful he hadn't eaten too much, and wondering what the hell was wrong with me for leaving it there in the first place lol. They're more lively today, a bit more vocal with it too. Not as frequently as usual but I have been yelled at twice, I think because I took out their beds.

Their beds need washed. They will have beds again before tonight. Not that they believe a word of it. Also I cheated earlier and picked up some of the hay they were refusing to eat. Put it back in the box with the rest, they heard the hay noise, they came to get some...and I gave them back the hay. And they ate it. :))

Both boys look like they have filled out a bit since they came to live with you. Must be all that yummy hay. 🙂

Both boys look like they have filled out a bit since they came to live with you. Must be all that yummy hay. 🙂

Was Camowen the one who weighed less when you picked them up? I forgot to note it down who weighed what :doh:

they have both put on weight, I think, possibly more than they were meant to so I'm not going to mention the numbers :bal: they can look a tad potbellied, but they're not really. One angle they do, one angle they don't - you probably know what I mean? They're currently tucking into romaine, red pepper, and a bit of rocket for dinner - and they'd eat me out of house and home if they could.

Also, why is it impossible to get red pepper juice off my hands?!

Back