Wasn't someone looking for some photos?

they have both put on weight, I think, possibly more than they were meant to so I'm not going to mention the numbers :bal: they can look a tad potbellied, but they're not really. One angle they do, one angle they don't - you probably know what I mean? They're currently tucking into romaine, red pepper, and a bit of rocket for dinner - and they'd eat me out of house and home if they could.

Also, why is it impossible to get red pepper juice off my hands?!
Believe me It's not as bad a beetroot juice.

Mine both look like little hippos with their round bellies.

Camowen's face is still skinny enough he can poke his head through the bars up to his eyes, and those are not big bars at all, lol. Bann's bigger in general, so I don't have to worry about getting eaten from the wrong side. Thank goodness they're not bar biters :xd:

Keep spamming us with pigtures @Lorcan! We don't mind.
My Internet's out til (probably) Friday and I'm left with just my data allowance or I definitely would! I love cage clean nights, the boys seem to enjoy it too. Because I get into the cage to clean it and I leave them free to roam around without me, they get to play a bit differently for a while. I had the 3x2 liners in width ways and I folded them over for the 4x2 because I place it along the length, and they were both in and out of the folds to explore.

And who doesn't like exploring a nice clean cage?

You can never have too many pigtures.

Not now that I got my internet back two days early!

the Openreach engineer was like, "I have no idea what happened, it looks like an engineer did something stupid. I can't work out where they did it, but they did it somewhere." My phone line was cut off at some point between 3pm and 4pm yesterday. Fixed in less than 24 hours and Sky's credited me this month's bill so I definitely won the lucky draw this time round.

They're chasing each other and playing with paper next door. Yay, noise! Not yay, noise!

I did the cage 4 hours ago.

DSC_0682.webp

4 hours! And are they sorry for this wanton destruction?

DSC_0683.webp
DSC_0684.webp
DSC_0685.webp
DSC_0687.webp

Are they heck, one with a look of "who, me?" and the other one sleeping soundly from expending all that energy.

I genuinely think they wait til I put my headphones in. All's quiet, I put them in, I take them out half an hour, an hour later, still quiet, but it's like a hurricane's hit in their room :))
My skinnies are the same, their cage looks like they have had a party in it and we only finished cleaning them out at 7.30.

My skinnies are the same, their cage looks like they have had a party in it and we only finished cleaning them out at 7.30.

It's the amount of poop, like seriously how does any animal that small find the space in their bodies for that much poop?! Especially that much poop in the space of a couple of hours. The mind boggles.

It's the amount of poop, like seriously how does any animal that small find the space in their bodies for that much poop?! Especially that much poop in the space of a couple of hours. The mind boggles.
I often wonder about that too. They just eat and poop constantly. You wouldn't believe that we depooped their cage twice a day.

Blargh.

It's too cold overnight still to move these two downstairs. It's still too cold in the morning to move these two downstairs, and it's still too cold in the evening to move these two downstairs. But the afternoon? I can't keep their room cool enough in the afternoon. Camowen's refused to leave his bed all afternoon unless I put something treat-like in front of him (and his appetite's just fine) so maybe he's cold? The blinds are closed, the window is open, and it's still 21.1C in there according to the thermometer. I think I almost preferred it when the heating had to be on half the day.

Just catching up and I love the latest pics 😍 If their room is above 20C (bearing in mind pigs are most comfortable between 18C and 23C) I see no reason why they would be too cold so try not to worry

Just catching up and I love the latest pics 😍 If their room is above 20C (bearing in mind pigs are most comfortable between 18C and 23C) I see no reason why they would be too cold so try not to worry

Unfortunately it's always gonna be cooler on the floor of the room, where they are, but how much cooler that is varies on time of day, blind position, window open/closed, etc. And I do have a standalone thermometer but if I move it to a position closer to the floor I have to actually go into the room to see it, when it's higher I can see it as I walk past the door. it's an ease of use thing, but also less stressful for them than wandering in and out all the time. Trial and error, really.

Unfortunately it's always gonna be cooler on the floor of the room, where they are, but how much cooler that is varies on time of day, blind position, window open/closed, etc. And I do have a standalone thermometer but if I move it to a position closer to the floor I have to actually go into the room to see it, when it's higher I can see it as I walk past the door. it's an ease of use thing, but also less stressful for them than wandering in and out all the time. Trial and error, really.
It's hard not to worry but I'm sure they're fine. Do they feel warm when you stroke / handle them?

It's hard not to worry but I'm sure they're fine. Do they feel warm when you stroke / handle them?

Always, but they're skinnies and my hands are always cold so I'm no great judge lol. It's down to about 20.4C in there now, so that's the last of having to worry til overnight at least.

Always, but they're skinnies and my hands are always cold so I'm no great judge lol. It's down to about 20.4C in there now, so that's the last of having to worry til overnight at least.
Please try not to worry. The temperature in our piggy room fluctuates between 17 and 23. Our skinnies seem fine with this, Like most piggies they are less active during the day. I have noticed that they are now up and about earlier with the sunrise. However, it's now later before they are running around in the evening. I'm sure that Bann and Camowen are fine. xx

Please try not to worry. The temperature in our piggy room fluctuates between 17 and 23. Our skinnies seem fine with this, Like most piggies they are less active during the day. I have noticed that they are now up and about earlier with the sunrise. However, it's now later before they are running around in the evening. I'm sure that Bann and Camowen are fine. xx

If the room's on the cooler side it's easier heating up than it is trying to cool it down when it's too warm. I'm gonna start moving the thermometer downstairs overnight and checking the lowest minimum temp it reads each night. It's easy enough reset. And when it's staying a decent temp overnight, downstairs we go!

15C downstairs overnight, lol. Meanwhile I think the only things I've said out loud so far today are:

"Bann, leave him alone."
"Bann, leave him be."
"Bann, he's only going to get annoyed at you."
"Bann, stop it."
"Bann, he's only going to turf you straight back out again."
"Bann, for (bleep)'s sake."
"Bann, I warned you."
"...Bann!"

Did a quick check today because my balance still isn't brilliant but they were both refusing to leave their beds for cage cleaning. So, pick up beds, pick up goblins out of beds, and all seems normal except apparently Camowen's had an argument with the hay again :td: small scratch on his left side, very much like a scratch we'd get if we were attacked by the hay.

Then to feed their dinner, I gave him a piece of kale. He grabbed it and ran through about 3 tunnels to keep it "safe" except he dropped it in the middle of the first tunnel. Smart move, dude, smart move. Still, it was warm enough to open the windows and the ginormous bee buzzing around my garden didn't get in so it's all good. Except for the scratch. You muppet, Cam.

Back