The Goblin Diaries (previously Quitting Smoking)

That’s a qwer lotta work there! What kind of ruler are you using?

That’s a qwer lotta work there! What kind of ruler are you using?

6½ x 12 square ruler. The squares drawn out are 3½ each, I need 96 of them, I've got 4 layers there. I realise I could do this all block by block but if I do it now, it's half done by the time it's getting a needle near it.

6½ x 12 square ruler. The squares drawn out are 3½ each, I need 96 of them, I've got 4 layers there. I realise I could do this all block by block but if I do it now, it's half done by the time it's getting a needle near it.
Oh right so a purpose built ruler - that’s half yer battle.

Definitely, took a bit to get used to it but I couldn't imagine trying to do this with a straight ruler, my maths skills are terrible. Yesterday's squares were 6⅞", which meant only one side of the ruler was usable, but I could still use the ruler to get my square corners right. I have another square ruler downstairs that's longer, I think, but it includes metric measurements that make it a bit hard to follow.

Love that one I use, though, even if it falls foul of the rollcutter on a regular basis. Poor thing, lol.

Yes well done Lorcan on day 247 🌟
We all like to share your achievement , you should feel very proud of yourself 🥰

I mean I'm still to start cutting out the squares AND I've got a blood blister on my left middle finger because I poked a hole in it with a tacking pin (lethal little buggers, those things) :)) but after the whole Upstairs Downstairs earlier I'm still laughing, it's just been that kind of a day.

Also Cam refuses to get out of bed (fireworks, heat) but keeps complaining that Bann's eating everything, when Bann's wandering around the cage finding himself all the food Cam doesn't want to go and get. And I was gonna start cutting squares but my hands are still too dry lol, Doublebase needs to step up its game here.

Sounds like you and Cam need a relaxing quiet eve 🥰
Bann will do what Bann does best ❤️

Hand sew and just cut hexagons and use paper templates! Much more relaxing!

Attachments

• D8A28E87-F53C-4E8D-9CDD-7389FD28649E.webp
    D8A28E87-F53C-4E8D-9CDD-7389FD28649E.webp
    110.1 KB · Views: 7
To be fair I don't mind the prep, I just take bloody forever to get things done lol, my attention span is non-existent. But I am jealous of the hexagons. They're 😍

Love your squares tho! That’s some neat work right there! 👍👏👏

I've got a couple more colours to go after this, but they're 3⅞ and I only need 48 of those. Heh, only. But the big stuff is mostly done. And at least this pile I'm working on don't need split into triangles. :eek:

I've got a couple more colours to go after this, but they're 3⅞ and I only need 48 of those. Heh, only. But the big stuff is mostly done. And at least this pile I'm working on don't need split into triangles. :eek:
Is this to do with your mum’s group?

Is this to do with your mum’s group?

Yes and no. Yes in the sense it was her idea and I will be sending it over to be quilted (and, aye, to make sure it makes the grade). However, while I'll likely continue to do it, whether or not what I do will be suitable for it I've no idea. She did send me over a few of their Block of the Month patterns and some of them sound decent, so...who knows, I guess.

I'm trying not to make myself paranoid before I've even started, though. I'm enjoying it, and honestly "boring" prep work has always been what I'm good at.

Woohoo day 248 🌟
That’s a great colour and you really are whizzing along 😂

Honestly I'm just trying to put off having to the rest of the ironing, lol. The squares need ironing out because they need bisected but also to get rid of the pen lines. And hope the pen lines didn't bleed. They don't normally, but there's always that (?) at the back of the mind, lol.

Well done tho….it’s a lot of work - I hate ironing and avoid it if I can 😂
Can’t wait to see the next pieces stitched together 🥰

I don't mind ironing, if I can do it sitting down. Closest I can get right now is sitting down on my bed and then the ironing board's too high (it's a little tabletop one, but the table's already on the taller side). Laziness personified, lol.

To be fair, thinking about it, I might not need the board. I never iron directly on it anyway, I have a wool pad that sits on top of the board and I iron onto that. The main reason for using the board is to give me more space if I'm ironing out a bolt or something but for little squares I could just put the iron directly on to the table. It's only the ceramic plate that gets hot anyway, and I wouldn't have to be any more careful about knocking it over than I would if it were a board.

Hmm. Decisions. Still cutting out orange squares though :))

That sounds easy. I got rid of my ironing board and if I do any ironing I do it on top of a towel on top of a table or worktop 😂
The squares should be easy Lorcan 😂

Excuse the mess, it's embarrassing lol, but

DSC_1158.JPG

So I sliced my finger on something this morning. No idea what, and it's not deep or anything, but it's a fingertip so plasters are fairly useless. So if I couldn't sew, why not rearrange the room to give myself more space to sew?

And here I am now wondering wtf I thought I was doing lol. Can't stop now though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Excuse the mess, it's embarrassing lol, but

View attachment 214184

So I sliced my finger on something this morning. No idea what, and it's not deep or anything, but it's a fingertip so plasters are fairly useless. So if I couldn't sew, why not rearrange the room to give myself more space to sew?

And here I am now wondering wtf I thought I was doing lol. Can't stop now though.
Good to see that you have the important stuff on the biggest screen. :D

Well done on day 249.

Back