The Goblin Diaries (previously Quitting Smoking)

82! Kept reminding myself to check in yesterday. Kept forgetting a second later. 🤷‍♂️

Was upstairs, poked my head into the pig room. Bann's staring at me, concerned. No sign of Camowen, I figure he's in a bed, but then I see this little pink and grey bum wiggling, attached to a head (unseen) in a pile of hay. Bann's thoughts were clearly what mine were - "NOOOOO no hay poke plzkthnx."

Day 83!

Currently raging at Burgess, had two packs of hay had to go straight to the bin today. Not big packs or anything, but this is why I stopped buying Burgess regularly for Comet and Blitzen, the hay was so hit and miss. I have no idea what was in those bags that made them smell like that but Bann and Camowen wouldn't go near it and I don't blame them. Finally meant I had no more excuses not to move the Happy Hay box up the stairs too, lol. The Burgess nuggets aren't ever "bad" as such but I don't even know if I want to buy any of their stuff these days, the hay's just left a sour taste in my mouth (and smell in my nose too, haha). Time for a new nugget hunt!

Oh no that’s awful Lorcan - can you get a refund ?
I buy science selective ( grain free) from Pets at Home.

Woohoo day 83 !!

Oh no that’s awful Lorcan - can you get a refund ?
I buy science selective ( grain free) from Pets at Home.

Woohoo day 83 !

Sadly no, they were in a Tesco order from last week. It's not Tesco's fault and it's a bit of a faff to ring up to complain about a bag of hay they didn't pack. I should've known better, Burgess has been like this for years. So many dry stalky bags and Comet was a menace for literally diving into a pile of hay, it wasn't worth the risk. I ordered a bag of the Science Selective and a bag of the Cunipic Alpha because I have no idea if they'll eat either of them and I'd rather have a back up in case they turn up their noses at the Science Selective. It's unlikely, but I don't wanna risk it lol.

And a carrot cottage and a haycube. I haven't told them that yet though. It's a secret!

Ah ….thank you for the info about burgess, I’ve noted that !
Sounds like you’re all sorted re pellets and those piggies will be very happy with their carrot house and hay cube !

Day 84 Lorcan you’re doing soooo well 👍

Ah ….thank you for the info about burgess, I’ve noted that !
Sounds like you’re all sorted re pellets and those piggies will be very happy with their carrot house and hay cube !

Day 84 Lorcan you’re doing soooo well 👍

They're so very hit and miss. It's not all bags, it's not even most bags, but it's enough of them to make me say no. And it's a pity, when I was a child and a teen we always went for Burgess and never had a problem.

They're so very hit and miss. It's not all bags, it's not even most bags, but it's enough of them to make me say no. And it's a pity, when I was a child and a teen we always went for Burgess and never had a problem.
Oh dear! I’ve lost my sense of smell with covid! I use Burges hay - I’ve no idea what it smells like! 😂😂

Oh dear! I’ve lost my sense of smell with covid! I use Burges hay - I’ve no idea what it smells like! 😂😂

It was like ammonia along with sour mint. As an ex-smoker my sense of smell isn't great either and it took me a second to catch a whiff but once it hit, it hit. Never again, lol.

And it's 87!

Rang Specsavers this afternoon because my contact lenses didn't turn up. "It's due in August. But that means one was due this month..." Well, yes. However they've ordered them in to the actual shop because they'd get there quicker than they would to me except that means I'm supposed to go pick them up. I don't want to. I could get someone else to do it but I know there'll be questions like "Does he need to pay for these?" "Does he need one or three or..." "Does he need a case?" "Does he need solution?" "What solution does he use?"

I'll have to go myself. Grumble.

Wow day 88 🎉🌟

That’s good news about your contact lenses - great Specsavers sorted it !

Honestly the parcel was just late. It's unusual because in the just under two years I've been part of their contact lens scheme, the parcels have always turned up around the 20th of the month. Dunno why it was late this time. When they said they'd order the replacements yesterday they ordered them to the shop itself because it's quicker to deliver there than it is to deliver to me directly.
And then it turned up today anyway lol. Totally makes up for the fact my letting agents are apparent useless morons.

No Day 89 today. After yesterday I then couldn't get to sleep for hours and I was getting antsy, and ended up having a cigarette on my doorstep at 3am. I'm not exactly proud of it but I'm not surprised at myself, really. Tomorrow's another day.

Yes tomorro is another day Lorcan and well done for saying it like it is. This is just a blip and I defy anyone, after what you had to contend with yesterday, not to feel and do the same ….. mine is cake 😬

My neighbour knocked on my door to give me more jigsaws earlier and I was like, OH! Proper lightbulb moment. My brain power might be useless where gaming or other distractions are concerned but jigsaws don't require me to think! Not sure where I'm going to end up storing said jigsaws at this point, but, hey. Details.

When I was a child, my aunt gave up smoking. She was a chain smoker. She used to collect my white colouring pencils, colour the end red and sit with it between her fingers, pretending to smoke it!

Honestly without the vape I'd still be calling myself a smoker. I could probably go to 0mg liquid but I don't really want to risk it "just in case" and most of my liquids are now 3mg anyway. Nothing is higher than 6mg. Without making mixing my own liquids, 3mg is as low as I can go. I'm not finding myself missing the nicotine, but the controlled breathing from smoking was how I always dealt with the panic attacks, and that's hard to get rid of.

To put it into perspective - that cigarette in the wee hours was the first (out of the four hiccups) where I could actually inhale properly on the cigarette, and that's because of the breath control, and it wasn't because I was consciously doing it either. Some fights we win, some fights we lose.

Honestly without the vape I'd still be calling myself a smoker. I could probably go to 0mg liquid but I don't really want to risk it "just in case" and most of my liquids are now 3mg anyway. Nothing is higher than 6mg. Without making mixing my own liquids, 3mg is as low as I can go. I'm not finding myself missing the nicotine, but the controlled breathing from smoking was how I always dealt with the panic attacks, and that's hard to get rid of.

To put it into perspective - that cigarette in the wee hours was the first (out of the four hiccups) where I could actually inhale properly on the cigarette, and that's because of the breath control, and it wasn't because I was consciously doing it either. Some fights we win, some fights we lose.
I wonder if you were pretending to smoke a pencil, would that help with the breath control…? Not to take the place of the other stuff, but as an in between!?

I don't think so honestly, even the vape isn't a proper substitute. And the inhale on the vape and on a cigarette is similar - not exact, but close enough it should work. I'm thinking I'm missing a component of it somewhere if it's not the inhale doing it, but who knows. It'll take either a lot of practice to get it exact, or a lot of cigarettes to work out the difference. I don't really want either, tbh.

So, instead, jigsaws it is.

DSC_0688.webp

Not that I’m nosey or anything, but is that tapestry or embroidery thread in the baskets there?! 😁

Not that I’m nosey or anything, but is that tapestry or embroidery thread in the baskets there?! 😁

:))

It's (currently) a mix of shamballa 1 and 1.5mm thread, 2mm rattail cord, waxed cotton and there's probably some tapestry wool in there too. The embroidery thread (and perle cotton, and craft thread, and there's probably still some paracord in there too but don't quote me on that lol, and yarn) all have 4 shelves of the Kallax unit because they've long since outnumbered my baskets!

Back