The Goblin Diaries (previously Quitting Smoking)

:))

It's (currently) a mix of shamballa 1 and 1.5mm thread, 2mm rattail cord, waxed cotton and there's probably some tapestry wool in there too. The embroidery thread (and perle cotton, and craft thread, and there's probably still some paracord in there too but don't quote me on that lol, and yarn) all have 4 shelves of the Kallax unit because they've long since outnumbered my baskets!
Lol! What do you do with it? I quilt, or do Amigurumi. Sometimes dressmake. I’ve been known to cross stitch too!

Lol! What do you do with it? I quilt, or do Amigurumi. Sometimes dressmake. I’ve been known to cross stitch too!

Mostly I braid, a Japanese braid called kumihimo. I can also macrame, sew (sort of, when I get my head to stay in one place long enough), and occasionally I put jewellery findings on the braids (and by occasionally I mean I have over 300 at last count just sitting in a plastic bag :bal: )

Mostly I braid, a Japanese braid called kumihimo. I can also macrame, sew (sort of, when I get my head to stay in one place long enough), and occasionally I put jewellery findings on the braids (and by occasionally I mean I have over 300 at last count just sitting in a plastic bag :bal: )

Also, we'd love some photos

Nice! I used to make bookmarks, with leather thonging and beads at either end. I’ve done macrame too with beads interspersed through it.

I never had the patience for beadwork, and that was before my hands were too unsteady for it to matter.

I bought some corrugated cardboard sheets for the jigsaws, massively oversized but there's also 25 of them so i won't be running out again soon. Assuming I ever get this current one finished anyway!

I never had the patience for beadwork, and that was before my hands were too unsteady for it to matter.

I bought some corrugated cardboard sheets for the jigsaws, massively oversized but there's also 25 of them so i won't be running out again soon. Assuming I ever get this current one finished anyway!
There’s a lotta blue in that one! 😳. I like a jigsaw too. Show uz yer macramé!

No idea where the macrame currently is, probably chucked into the back of a cupboard somewhere, but I'll root out the kumihimo, lol. And then maybe have words with myself as to why there's so much of it!

90! Yesterday might have been 90 except I think I had a cigarette in the early hours again. I don't remember doing it but I had a lighter and ashtray in my pocket, so chances are I did.
You are doing so well, hide the ashtray and lighter 😆

You are doing so well, hide the ashtray and lighter 😆

They aren't the problem, lol. Plus they're useful for other things other than smoking, they're not like cigarettes which only have one function.

91!

The place I buy my eliquid from sent me the wrong version of something, and I also managed to overfill one of my bottles adding the nicotine because I tried to add enough liquid for a 60ml bottle to a 30ml one. I'm an eejit, lol. But I wasn't too cranky about the mistake because a) mistakes happen and b) there was nothing in the parcel that was unusable. Some stuff had to be juggled a bit especially after my own mishap, but it wasn't a massive deal.
Well apparently they thought differently and offered to send out a replacement of the correct bottle. When I said no need, the stuff got used? They credited me a free bottle's worth of reward points.

This isn't some massive company, it's basically three guys. Mistakes happen. Not that I'm ungrateful, but I definitely wasn't looking for free stuff. :eek:

91!

This isn't some massive company, it's basically three guys. Mistakes happen. Not that I'm ungrateful, but I definitely wasn't looking for free stuff. :eek:
👍That's what they call Customer Relationship Management I guess. It's worth the cost to them now, because you'll continue buying your vaping stuff from them long term - and you'll recommend them to your friends too. You've also just given them some free advertising, if I were a vaper I would be thinking " perhaps I should try them" and pinging you a PM to find out who they are :D 👍

👍That's what they call Customer Relationship Management I guess. It's worth the cost to them now, because you'll continue buying your vaping stuff from them long term - and you'll recommend them to your friends too. You've also just given them some free advertising, if I were a vaper I would be thinking " perhaps I should try them" and pinging you a PM to find out who they are :D 👍

I mean I'm not much of a seller, but I have talked these guys up whenever possible (and converted at least one person, heh). The way they make their flavours is a bit odd and can take a bit of getting used to, but it's well worth it. One of them originally pinged me on Reddit, asked if I'd at least try it...same guy I spoke to today, actually. And if I've ever had a question about how strong or soft their flavours were I've always got a reply, and he's always been happy to help.
They also sent me a free bottle of a flavour they haven't released yet once, which was very nice of them.

92 days!

Bann did it again at dinner time. Gave them a pepper slice is. Bann got his mouth onto his in one go for once and Camowen dropped his. However when Cam went to grab it, Bann had noticed the dropped veg and turned round to grab it instead. Cam wasn't having this, but Cam also won the brief tug of war. Bann then had his original pepper slice but of course he now can't find it.

I've also taught myself how to make my own coil for one of my ecigs. I'm not perfect at it by a long shot but it's usable and I know all the steps by now at least lol.

Also trying to convince myself to watch some Doctor Who. I've seen all the episodes don't get me wrong but I get horrible anxiety at watching either entirely new things altogether OR stuff I haven't watched in a while. Documentaries and/or factual programs (history/archaeology/science etc) don't trigger it but I've also burned through most of the stuff that interests me on iPlayer. I'm cutting threads for some braids and it's good to have it on in the background, but anxiety is weird.

also the tarpaulin for the goblins new cage setup arrived yesterday. Swapping rooms this weekend hopefully. Got a new set of grids (same as their current ones) too so I can make the cage up, add bedding, and swap them straight over so they're not stuck for an extended period in a carrier. It's gonna be an all day job when it happens though, I need to clear my stuff (including my mattress) out of the room itself, move the stuff like the hay box across, get the tarp ready (probably going to use zip ties to secure it to the grids), get the grids set up, get bedding into it, move them across, and then clear the bed in their room so I can sleep on it. Then actually tidy everything up the next day lol.

Still. 92 days.

Woohoo 92 days !
Wow you have got a big job to do. It’ll be satisfying tho. I find zip ties are great . I used them to extra secure my grids together. Perfect. Have fun Lorcan and we can’t wait to see Cam and Bann’s new home 🥰

This is the tarpaulin - it's going to be too big to stretch out entirely and I'm still not sure how to deal with the extra length/width. That said it's good news in some respects because there will be much less bedding ending up kicked out all over the floor because unlike their current correx base/walls, there's no escapee holes. The Midwest isn't a perfect cage by any means (great size if you have 2 or more though) but their canvas lining is pretty good and good grief do I miss the ease of it.

94! Managed to knock over a bottle of e-liquid without a cap on today, I'd just finished adding the nicotine too lol. Thankfully the bottle wasn't a goner, most of the juice stayed inside it. Hooray for thick juice. My living room is gonna smell like an apple and kiwi Relentless for a while now though. In other news, now I'm a few attempts in, I think I've got the hang of the rebuildable coils thing. It's certainly better now than it was at the start of the week. While it's not perfect I was chatting with someone else who rebuilds their coils and has done for a couple of years, and they were saying that even now they still get it wrong every other time they add the cotton. So yeah, I feel better about it haha.

Great Lorcan day 94 ! Sounds like you’re doing just fine with it all ! Well done YOU 👍

Great Lorcan day 94 ! Sounds like you’re doing just fine with it all ! Well done YOU 👍

My desk is hilarious. You've got a keyboard, mouse, monitor, phone, spare e-cigs, a can of Pepsi, a mug of hot water, the coil rebuilding supplies, ceramic tweezers, screwdrivers, a couple of allen keys, kitchen roll, a box of ibuprofen, the router, a spare flathead screwdriver...and once that's all done and wiped down and everything's back together it all gets shoved in the corner til next time. To shove it in the corner I need to take the crafting stuff OUT of the corner and vice versa to build the coils again lol. Absolute organised chaos.

Back