The Goblin Diaries (previously Quitting Smoking)

I've had a week's worth of my washing in it, two pairs of jeans and three hoodies as a wash, as much of the goblin's fleece in as a wash, none of it makes a difference. I just chuck something heavy on top of the cellar door instead. Not a perfect solution but it's better than nothing.

Whoops, it's Friday and that means it's actually Day #60 lol.

My neighbour knocked on earlier, apparently another woman from across the road had knocked on her door this morning to give her a parcel. Woke her up (which means I did hear my neighbour awake that early because it never happens, lol) and apparently my neighbour was rather unimpressed. What makes it better? It was my parcel.

I did eventually get my parcel that the first woman had opened because she'd been expecting something from Amazon too and didn't think Amazon would've just handed her someone else's parcel. I couldn't stop laughing (it was something fairly mundane anyway). Three attempts to get my parcel to me, but Amazon marked that parcel as delivered on Wednesday so I'd already logged it as a complaint. And your woman, the first one, has vowed to double check the address of any parcel from now on.

#61!

Was upstairs earlier with a parsley treat. I think they've been arguing over who gets what bed again because while Camowen was running over to get it, Bann would not show his face. So I tossed some strategically in front of the bed's entrance. Yeah I saw you poke your head out to grab the parsley when you thought I wasn't looking!

Then I was a bit mean. Took one of the small edible boxes from Nature's Own, dumped some pellets into it, some pea flakes into it, then stuffed the other 99% of it with treat hay and closed the box. Gotta work for this treat lads.

#62!

Meanwhile I'm waiting on a call back from the out of hours GP, which may not happen til tomorrow lol. It's too warm upstairs to put the heating on but not only am I still cold but I have one finger that I can't get to stay warm at all, it's constantly freezing. Just that one finger. Sigh.

I mean I'm miserable but in that "I'm miserable and bored and can't wait for this to be over" way rather than "I'm miserable and can't get out of bed" way. The finger's just...weird. Like I have Raynauds but this doesn't seem to be Raynauds, there's none of the usual whiteness/blue tinge that's normally there. It's like I stuck my finger, just my finger, in the freezer or something. And I'm really not happy with the fact it's doing this because that should not be what fingers do.

Day #63! Still not feeling well but found out last night you can take meds for Raynauds. I mean maybe you couldn't be when I was diagnosed over 25 years ago but dang. My GP and I need to chat. Well, when I can wake up at a decent time of the morning anyway.

Also, my alarm clocks worked this morning! No idea why they were shrieking for breakfast because they're normally unhelpfully quiet but no, not this morning. They wanted breakfast before 11.30am apparently, lol.

Unfortunately the pigs room is at 20.5C and I need the heating on. It's not their fault but needs must.

Well done on 63 days smoke free. Over two months now, amazing. 😃😃

Not even the dreaded lurgy can ruin it for me! Although all I want right now is Lemsips but if I order off Uber Eats I'd have to go collect it from outside the church because they're never gonna find the address otherwise. But if I actually felt like going out I'd just go and buy some myself.

Might see tomorrow if someone can do an Asda pickup. Then they don't need cash from me and I can get my Lemsips. And crisps, but mostly Lemsips. Also does anyone know a decent antacid-type remedy that isn't an antacid? I've got reflux again but antacids interfere with my meds and I'm wondering if there's a better option out there than milk because it'd be a bit of a waste to buy a pint just to sip it occasionally.

Well done Lorcan with your non smoking !!
Milk is bad for reflux …it actually makes it worse - try lots of water and smaller meals.
It’s horrid and it can be worse if you’re stressed ….. you’ve had lots of that just lately !
I’ll have a word with the anti acid fairies and see if they’re passing your way 🤞

I guess I should've said, milk's the only thing (apart from antacids) that's ever worked for my reflux. Has to be whole milk though, skim and semi-skim are worse than useless. As someone with IBS and lactose intolerance I'm aware it shouldn't work like that but I don't argue with the results.

I've not eaten all day. Can't, the minute I eat I'll boke everywhere. Heck cut up some cucumber for the goblins and even that almost set me off (just the cucumber. Was fine with the pepper).

I mean in a way it's great because I have a very good reason to tell the letting agents they can go take a hike for a few days but there's only one thing more boring than sitting in the same chair all day because you're too iffy to do anything else, and that's staying in bed for the same reasons. I think I'd go mad without the PC. Genuinely.

64! Plus an Asda order with two boxes of Lemsip for tomorrow. I thought I was doing better this morning and then I sort of half-ran down the stairs (I overslept and the goblins weren't appreciative) and I got to the kitchen and was like, "Ah, wait, maybe not." And then I put some of their fleece through the wash which means brushing it down in the kitchen and then sweeping up the hay/poop/shavings etc into the bin and apparently I overdid it. Back to sitting on an armchair staring at the TV for today lol.

I think my biggest complaint is I want a bath or a shower, but I can't stay upright long enough for a shower and I don't know if sitting in a bath full of water would be a great idea either.

Edit - I was gonna get a Tesco order for tomorrow, had my slot booked and my basket ready to check out, then realised I really wanted guacamole Doritos, Tesco doesn't stock them, and any Amazon order wouldn't turn up til Monday. And I really wanted those Doritos.

and 65!

Managed to have a bath last night - guess how I found at least some of my current issues were in my ears? lol. It wasn't painful or anything but it was like being internally tickled from my ear down to my jaw. Weird. Woke up today and the sinus pain's back, so it tracks.

My care coordinator asked me how long I was gonna put it off before seeing a doctor but I honestly don't see the point. It's not bacterial or it'd be much worse by now and viral infections can take a while to fully come round from. Roll on the Lemsips.

Day 66!

Did I say I was celebrating at Day 75 or Day 100? I'm too lazy to look back and check. I'm feeling mostly better. Still a bit vertigo-y, sinuses aren't great, and I thought having a bottle of cider was a great idea but apparently the rest of me doesn't agree, and my intestines are ranting again. But cleaning the boys out last night, finally, has helped. They weren't stuck on dirty bedding or anything, I was cycling it through as much as I could, but still.

Cider was good though too! I'm mostly buying the half litre glass bottles to see what I like and don't, because it's been a while. So far I've had two excellent bottles, a couple of good ones, and so on. I'd gone off the taste of alcohol for a while and it wasn't til I had one of the excellent bottles I remembered what I liked about cider so much.

Yay 66 days. 🥳 🥳

Unfortunately i will be in Turkey when you get to 3 months (24 May) but i will be round with cake and alcohol (rum? maybe) once i get back. :) Hopefully there will be a forum meet up before you get to 6 months and a few more of us can help you celebrate your success.

68! I accidentally gave myself an extra couple of days yesterday so thank you to whichever of our kind mods fixed it :)

I've started shifting on the liquids again. I still have a bunch of 6mg liquids I'm not planning on chucking out, but I'll not be buying more of them. 3mg liquids from now on! 3mg is probably going to be my stopping point for, well, months? Years? I dunno. I'm not planning on quitting it because yes, I enjoy it too much. But 3mg is as low as nicotine level as I can go without some black magic wizardry (and maths). And maybe I'm lucky because I'm home all day and can use it as often as I need but I've not had any difficulty in dropping my nicotine levels since this started 68 days ago, with 20mg liquids.

That said I'm now restricting it to downstairs use only. I never vaped in their room and it's extremely unlikely to cause them an issue but sometimes there's more vapour than others, and I don't like it just...sitting. If that makes sense? Easiest way to stop that happening is to just not vape there. I'm cool with it, they come first.

On a slightly funnier note I just went upstairs. I have to kind of announce I'm going in before I go in or they'll book it for the far end of the cage. The door's at a weird angle so I have to walk round the door to get a view of the cage. Walked in today expecting to see them already at the far end of the cage and instead they're sitting on their hay pile at the food section of the cage (the 2x3 section with paper bedding rather than fleece), backs to the door, and they sort of just craned their heads round to look at me as if to say, "Uh...did you want something, we're kinda busy here."

Yay 66 days. 🥳 🥳

Unfortunately i will be in Turkey when you get to 3 months (24 May) but i will be round with cake and alcohol (rum? maybe) once i get back. :) Hopefully there will be a forum meet up before you get to 6 months and a few more of us can help you celebrate your success.
Have a great time Yvonne x

Back