The Goblin Diaries (previously Quitting Smoking)

Just caught up. You are doing so well. Just keep taking it one day at a time and it’s amazing what you can achieve.

I love how chilled those piggies are ! I think it’s good to set a few boundaries sometimes. As long as you know it’s achievable. You’re doing really well Lorcan and we’re all here for you !

And this time it's definitely 69 days!

I love how chilled those piggies are !

When they want to be. I'm watching Animal Park on Netflix downstairs when I heard this unholy terror shriek fest coming from upstairs. Once I made sure it was definitely upstairs and not background noise on the TV, I went to save them from whatever mess they'd found themselves in.
They hadn't. Turns out they don't like the noise of the lawn mower somebody's using about 3 streets away. :doh:

Day 70 yesterday, Day 71 today.

John's funeral is next week, apparently. Or well my parents are flying over next Tuesday and back on the Saturday because they're flying directly into Bournemouth from Dublin and that airline that shall not be named only does Tuesday and Saturday flights. Apparently anything else would've cost an extra £300-£400. Daylight robbery, but there you go.

However I'm still loving that when I bring in food on a plate they wait for me to raise the plate for the "food time!" signal. No idea why I love that so much, but I do.

Day 73!

The goblins are trying to drive me insane. After screeching repeatedly because it had reached 5pm and how dare I not feed their Highness-es at 4pm, two hours before it's due, I opened the window in their room because it was getting warm. Not too bad, I'd figured just to open it for half an hour at most, get some air circulating.
And of course I forgot. Two hours later, sprinting up the stairs, it's dropped to 18C and did they warn me? No. Silence. Absolute silence from the pair of them. But since I walked into their room to close the window, I must have food, because why else would I walk the length of the room but to give them food? I did not have food. They were not pleased. The chaotic neutral of the guinea pig world.

Just catching-up on the forum as had a bit of a nightmare couple of days. Mavis and Peggy have mites and our outbound holiday flight for next week got cancelled. :(

@Lorcan you are doing sooooo well. Keep up the good work. :)

Oh no :no:

Well done! you are doing so well.
If you slept that long you needed the sleep, hope you feel better for it.

Well done, 75 days.

It's still 22 in our piggy room and that's with the window open a little. Heating finally off.

I've left the window closed and put the snugglesafes in in the end, their beds are separate if they don't feel the need for the heat. What'll happen no is I'll go to bed at 2am and internally whine to myself about the cold lol

Just getting caught up on your thread. You're doing wonderfully!

Day 76!

Turns out it wasn't cold at 2am either. Woke up just after 11am, blinds closed in the pigs room, and it was still over 21 degrees in there. I had a bath yesterday so I'd had the hot water on and forgot to switch it back to hot water + heating. Kinda grateful I forgot now, lol.

Day 77!

It's still too warm to keep the windows closed but it alternated between hot bright sunshine and absolutely chucking it down all day. Can't have those windows open in the rain, it'd (finally) be the end of them. Typical bloody English weather could be doing with making up its mind, lol. The goblins have the oversized beds in at the moment and it's hilarious going in to check on them because you watch the top of the bed move as they wake themselves up to poke a nose out of the entrance. Just the nose, the eyes keep covered.

And #78!

Went to get my injection today. Needed weighing (sigh) and bloods done too, apparently. My veins were their usual, helpful selves.
"Have you had enough to drink today?"
"Uh, a can of coke. If I'd known you were doing bloods I'd've drunk more."

Only took three attempts though, it's not bad.

Woohoo day 78 ! Awful about your blood tests …..you must feel like a pin cushion ! You need to rest and relax 🥰

Three attempts isn't much, honestly. I've sat for over an hour, before (as ridiculous as it sounds), my veins are just horrendous. Why they needed bloods this time I have no idea, it's for Leeds, and Leeds have given me trouble over blood tests before. They always want a large swathe of tests and for a while they kept insisting on one that requires fasting.

You cannot get blood out of me if I'm fasting.

I kept asking them if we needed this test, specifically. Could we not replace it with something else? The nurses have said, multiple times, that they don't want to do fasting blood tests on me because of how difficult it is (that would be sitting there for over an hour, yup) and they kept going on about "You need the bloods done, we can't really give you HRT without the blood results, we know they're not pleasant but you can't just not have them done." :hb:

Somebody yelled at them for it. Me, probably, but I'm certain I'm not the only one. Nobody asks for a fasting blood test anymore and funny, we don't have issues with them not getting the results they need!

I realise for some people it's alien, or their idea of hell, but it's normal for me, my veins didn't get awful overnight. I didn't even get any decent bruises this time round :td: :))

It’s always hard having lots of tests - Hopefully they’re looking after you Lorcan - take care !

Day 79!

My wrist has been playing up again, the one with the ganglion on it. It's got a tendency to get clicky, so strapping it is the easiest way to stop that for a few hours. However, despite being right handed, I can't strap my left hand for the life of me (but I can strap my right hand just fine, lol) but tonight, I got it right! Not too tight, not too loose, fingers aren't restricted (neither is the thumb but it doesn't do as much useful stuff anyway, like when typing). Also self adhesive bandages/strapping should be the standard, I have no idea how I lived without these things for years.

Back