The Goblin Diaries (previously Quitting Smoking)

Sorry I'm a bit behind with this thread. Just crazy busy at work and in the office long hours.

So you had a little blip, that's all it was a blip. You are doing so amazingly well. You should be proud of yourself. Keep going.

My goal now is to hit day 75. Looking at the weather today though I don't think it's going to be a difficult decision lol, it's absolutely horrendous out there.

40 days!

And the weather's still horrendous now although it's trying to pretend otherwise by letting the sunshine out. What gives, Manchester.
So looking forward to cycling home later. 🙁💧

41 days!

The goblins got an extra meal today, lettuce for lunch! Asda saved me money on my shop, which was nice, but the some of the stuff they substituted with was larger/bulkier than I expected it to be. I've kept it because I've no idea if things will fit into the fridge til long after the driver's gone (plus the washing machine was at the possessed part of the spin cycle so I wasn't braving the kitchen til it was done) and okay, some of the lettuce is a bit squished but everything fits as long as I take out some of the romaine left from last time. ah well. I do like the "how do I get this into the fridge" puzzles.

42!

Yelled at the council via an online complaints form last night. They won't see it til Monday but I feel better for it. I've possibly made the situation worse but also it's the council and I've had enough experience of them pulling stunts like this that I'm just like whatever, I have no problem going back to the DWP and saying you're committing fraud if I have to. I like to make noise, and lots of it.

Okay so I'm a little late with yesterday but it was #43. Sunday, I had a cigarette. It's really hard to explain why it was important because I say it's my best shot at avoiding a panic attack and that makes it sound like it was the actual cigarette doing it, and it's not. It's the rolling, the lighting up, and most importantly the breathing exercise involved that a vape is a poor substitute for. Got work to do on that one, I think. But I'll have plenty of practice, what with trying not to murder the squirrels digging up my garden.

If my seeds don't grow the squirrels and the cats are going to have to answer some very difficult questions.

And in the meantime I'll post the Tuesday update at a more normal time of day lol.

It sounds like you are beating it and are well aware of your patterns and triggers.

Really well done.

Good luck hou can do it if my brother and his wife can stop smoking you can do it my brother has them E cigs vaper things they still smell ! Anyway good luck

my brother has them E cigs vaper things they still smell !

Oh they do, I won't deny it. Very much depends on the liquid flavour, what consistency it is, that kind of thing though. I vape in the house, and the vapour isn't dangerous in the way smoke and second hand smoke is, but I still don't vape near the pigs. It's not likely to cause them an issue but why risk it?

When I get moving them downstairs I was gonna see about moving my PC downstairs too, play games and watch tv in the same room as them. If I do that though it's back to vaping outside, the downstairs is too open plan really.

I was tempted to pretend today was smoke free too. Not like anyone would've known otherwise, right? Part of me's like "well if you're just gonna smoke every time you get slightly stressed what's the point?" But it's not being "slightly stressed". John was 85, he wasn't a young man, but it was still an unexpected death (bowel blockage, not Covid). I dunno if any of you have ever had a blood sugar hypo? My body had a similar physical reaction to the news.
Tomorrow can be day 50. Today just wasn't to be.

Aye, it hurt in a way I was not expecting. I only met him when I was in Christchurch last June, and it wasn't near enough, y'know? I need to send my Nan a card to say how sorry I am but I have no idea what to say. You want a snarky card? I can do that. Not gonna cut it this time, though. Doesn't matter his age, still gone too soon.

I'm sorry to hear about your Nan's loss. Just find a nice sympathy card and write something like "Thinking of you" or "Sorry for your loss". Your Nan will probably appreciate hearing from you.

It’s always a shock when someone or something we care about dies suddenly. Your Nan will appreciate that you cared enough to send a card. You won’t need to say anything other than you're there if she needs a chat.
Look after yourself too Lorcan you’ve had so much going on just lately

Thank you guys, I've sent a card via Moonpig. I don't know if I could go into Asda or Tesco or...well, wherever, and buy a sympathy card. And it's faster than ordering one to arrive and send onwards (which I could also do via Moonpig, I guess). I feel better than I did. The hypo feeling has gone, the painkillers and Deep Freeze have worked their magic. It's been a long day. Whatever else, I'd be happy to call him family. He was family.

That’s great and with moon pig you get to choose the perfect card. Not always the way in shops.
I’m glad you’re feeling better Lorcan. It’s a tough time and I’m sure you’re Nan will appreciate your kindness.
Special people come into lives and we’re lucky to share time with them.
Keep strong you’ve had a lot to deal with but you’re getting there !

Back