Stripe and Chesney

Should I be worried about Chez? Starting last night I haven't heard any wheeking when I'm in the hallway. He usually wheeks when he hears me. He is still eating, begging at the bars for his veggies, and chutting. And last night he zoomed.

It's just not like him.
If he’s still eating and moving about and pooing then I’d just keep a check on him and make sure he hasn’t lost any weight
I’m sure he’s ok just changing his behaviour maybe

He wheeked last time I was in the hallway. Maybe he was sad I was away all day? I usually work evenings. He has not lost weight.

The new toys I ordered came in the mail. A dried okra pod and a birch branch. (Good, Chez just popcorned, I think he's okay). I plan on deep cleaning the cage tomorrow and putting in the toys. Stripe is my real toy boy, but Chez likes them sometimes.

I had a scare with Stripe last night, he was chewing his wood toy and I think he got a too big piece in his mouth. He was making smacking noises with his mouth and it looked like he was trying to spit something out. It went on for 30 seconds then he had some water and started eating hay and he was fine.

Or maybe he's sad Stripe keeps stealing his hay and sometimes chases him away from the food even though there's plenty? Stripe just stole his hay for the second time today. Chez just kinda stared into space after that.

I gave my piggies a wooden chew toy and a few days later found blood on it 😯 I think one of them chewed it too hard! They get apple sticks now, but mainly I try to get them to chew lots of hay.

When Stripe rumbles, if Chesney squirts urine, Stripe usually stops his rumbling. Sometimes when Stripe rumbles, Chez will try to groom him, but it never works. Chez gets so excited when I come spot clean that he chases Stripe around and rubs his chin on Stripe's back, but Stripe hates this.

It's my usual deep cleaning day but I have to work so I'm putting it off till tomorrow.

Chez takes forever to choose the right piece of hay. Stripe eats anything.

I think the boys were excited to see me last night after work. After their pepper and some rumbling they were zooming, especially Chez. It made me feel really good.

In an hour or two I'm going to do a deep clean.

The lawn company is currently mowing, and the boys aren't even scared.

What does it mean when they occasionally drag their butts?

Stripe said this morning, "I am not your garbage disposal, Slave! Quit giving me the hard part of the lettuce!" So now I have two pigs who don't like the hard part!

Barrett the cat is lying in a sunbeam, little does he know he's going to the vet tomorrow ALL DAY for his exam and teeth cleaning! I set out his carrier so it doesn't spook him in the morning but he's usually pretty easy to get in. He has periodontal disease so he gets a cleaning once a year, usually with extractions. Hopefully it's not another canine and won't need antibiotics. We have quite a drive tomorrow, but it's $400 cheaper than his regular vet.

Stripe said this morning, "I am not your garbage disposal, Slave! Quit giving me the hard part of the lettuce!" So now I have two pigs who don't like the hard part!

Barrett the cat is lying in a sunbeam, little does he know he's going to the vet tomorrow ALL DAY for his exam and teeth cleaning! I set out his carrier so it doesn't spook him in the morning but he's usually pretty easy to get in. He has periodontal disease so he gets a cleaning once a year, usually with extractions. Hopefully it's not another canine and won't need antibiotics. We have quite a drive tomorrow, but it's $400 cheaper than his regular vet.
Good luck Barrett 😻

Yes good luck for tomorro Barrett
Those boys are showing what great personalities they are ❤️❤️

Hope all goes well tomorrow

I have a mystery with my boys! Often times when I come in the room I get a very quick glimpse of them face to face, very close but then they quickly run apart to beg at the bars for the veg they know they are going to get.

What the heck are they doing so close together? When I'm in the room Stripe rumbles if Chez gets too close.

Were they cuddling? Having a face off? It's happened several times but I've never been able to figure out why they were face to face!

The boys were eating hay and I said, "hi, Chez" and he just started zooming. Stripe kept eating hay and Chez would abruptly stop his zooming when he got near Stripe, turn around and zoom! Then during one of his rounds he stopped zooming right by Stripe, rubbed his chin on Stripe's back, and zoomed away! Stripe didn't know what hit him, he jumped but before he could rumble, Chez was gone!

Hard to believe Stripe will be six months old next week! He's gotten so big. Chez is small, his body stays short but he gets rounder. Stripe is my more serious boy, he does less popcorning and zooming, and Chez is the silly one.

Just changed the fleece and Stripe is playing with his toy.

Chez is four months old and I read that they are fully grown at six months? He's going to be small.
IMG_20240815_110005660.webp

Had to work a long shift yesterday, so thirty minutes in the morning with the boys and only ten in the evening. But they are fine this morning.

I took a four hour shift today so I'll have thirty minutes with the boys then a couple hours after work.

There are two times Chez gets really excited. When I spot clean and when I top off the hay. He gets so excited that he tries to crawl on Stripe and rub his chin on him. Stripe always gets really mad and I don't know how Chez can be so dumb sometimes! But he's just so excited.

Cage clean.

Chez zooming.

Will Chez ever settle down? Or will he be so wild for life?

I was a little worried about Stripe this morning, I thought I heard him whimper when he walked. I was all set to take them both to the emergency vet when they open at ten, but upon closer inspection I think he's fine. He's lazy, so hard to tell. Weight good, devouring hay and veg and pellets. Haven't heard that noise again. Maybe he was chutting?

I hope he's alright. Hopefully it wasn't pain. It is so horrible when it little ones are having difficulties!

This morning Chez got so excited about spot cleaning that he humped dominant Stripe's head! I don't think he was trying to take over or anything, I think he just got so excited that he just had to do it!

Continuing to observe Stripe as I thought I heard him whimper yesterday, I called his vet and told them he was sleeping more but he's turning six months this week so it might be his new norm. His weight is good, he's eating and he did some normal poop and came for his veggies. They said it didn't sound like an emergency.

I am no longer concerned for Stripe, but I will continue to observe him. He is currently tossing his toy around. He is having a blast tossing it around and chewing it. It's one of those commercial sponge toys. He left some normal poops while playing. I will observe his walking today as that's when I thought he whimpered. But I checked for bumblefoot, didn't see anything.

IMG_20240820_090934482.webp

Stripe's walking seems good, and he even chutted a little on his way to the hay pile. He came for his wheatgrass and munched some pellets. The boys are sharing some hay now. His weight is good and his poop is normal.

Just changed the fleece and I have to get a manuscript ready for the thesis class that starts today.

He's just kinda slow. If he's napping he doesn't get up and run for veggies. He takes a minute to decide if he wants to come. Could it really be maturity? He's currently rumbling and just left the hay pile. He was walking with both feet, but slowly. Back to the hay pile. I saw him do a pee, it was a normal color. I hate to overanalyze.

It’s normal when you haven’t had your piggies for long - the first 6 months I was watching how much hay they ate , water they drank etc ! Gradually you relax a bit and the weekly weigh and health check reassures you 👍

Back