Stripe and Chesney

The boys just had their parsley.

We had some chasing by submissive Chez but no fighting. He's still submissive squealing during regular times. Said a little prayer that they can stay together. But I have an extra cage in the basement.

When he was chasing he rubbed his chin on Stripe's back, not sure what that means.

Peace for now.

Stripe is now 5 months old and Chez is around 3 months old.

They are just munching hay and really concentrating on it.

The boys just had their parsley.

We had some chasing by submissive Chez but no fighting. He's still submissive squealing during regular times. Said a little prayer that they can stay together. But I have an extra cage in the basement.

When he was chasing he rubbed his chin on Stripe's back, not sure what that means.

Peace for now.

Stripe is now 5 months old and Chez is around 3 months old.

They are just munching hay and really concentrating on it.
Isn’t it lovely just watching these little furry potatoes ❤️

Yes, I am now thinking Chez is trying to show affection and play to Stripe, not showing rebellion. He gets so excited when I spot clean that he chases Stripe but he always rubs his chin on Stripe which my vet says is affection.

I tried to be real quiet this morning and had my cat on my lap but at 8:30 sharp I heard Chez wheeking for veggies.

Chez is getting bigger! Stripe is 5 months and Chez 3.

Difficult I know but you need to try and enjoy them instead of looking for potential problems. If their bond breaks you WILL know.
Good idea. Chez just gets so excited that he bugs Stripe. Chez popcorns and chews the litter scoop when I spot clean, he loves it when I spot clean. Not sure why. Chez's testicles just descended. But I am just going to enjoy them and I have another cage in the basement if I ever do need it.

Man, the popcorning and zooming after cage cleaning today! My boys just love a clean cage.

Had a nice little lap time with Stripe.

Chez gnawed on his cucumber and is now choking. They both do it.

Chez is poking Stripe's butt.

Fleece in the wash, Chez burrowing, Stripe munching.

And sorry, rodents and canines are very different and do not think alike, but good thought. Some things can be transferred. But hunter and prey.. not the same lol

We don't have to agree, just go and do some actual research. And then decide. Or do a certificate in animal behaviour, training and nutrition. If you're interested in pets, it's great and very interesting!
I have completed my certificate IV in companion animal behaviour, training and nutrition 😊
This included horses, dogs, cats, rats, guinea pigs, rabbits, birds and reptiles
Rodents do not respond well to punishment.

And sorry, rodents and canines are very different and do not think alike, but good thought. Some things can be transferred. But hunter and prey.. not the same lol

We don't have to agree, just go and do some actual research. And then decide. Or do a certificate in animal behaviour, training and nutrition. If you're interested in pets, it's great and very interesting!

My
The guides on our forum were written by one of our most experienced and trusted staff members based on many years of experience. She also publishes in Guinea Pig Magazine. Whilst you may choose to disagree with the content, it’s rather a bold and disrespectful statement to say “the theories were debunked years ago” . As a new member you may be finding your way with our forum and we do operate differently from the keyboard warrior style of social media platforms. Please could you be more respectful of the forum resources. If they aren’t for you, then please by all means pass them by, but don’t make disparaging comments about them to other members who’ve found them incredibly helpful over many years.
My apologies if you Read this aggressively, I'm just straight to the point, I love keeping updated on new studies, and I enjoy sharing what I know. I will try to word my knowledge nicer for you 😊 if you don't believe me... then don't. But maybe update your research?

My

My apologies if you Read this aggressively, I'm just straight to the point, I love keeping updated on new studies, and I enjoy sharing what I know. I will try to word my knowledge nicer for you 😊 if you don't believe me... then don't. But maybe update your research?
I think you missed the point which was about tone. It’s not what you say but how you say it. Please be respectful of the forum you’ve chosen to join.

Man, the popcorning and zooming after cage cleaning today! My boys just love a clean cage.

Had a nice little lap time with Stripe.

Chez gnawed on his cucumber and is now choking. They both do it.

Chez is poking Stripe's butt.

Fleece in the wash, Chez burrowing, Stripe munching.
Most piggies love a clean cage.
Shame they don’t do the cleaning as well as the messing 😅

Stripe and Chesney sound like 2 very happy piggies

Rainy day today.

Chez no longer likes the hard part of the lettuce, so Stripe comes and finishes them. Thanks for being a garbage can, Stripe!

No matter how quiet I am in the house, Chez starts wheeking at 8:30.

He rubbed his chin on Stripe's back again, but Stripe is not too keen on affection!

Three days off, so I'm going to spoil them. I'm going to get some romaine and cilantro in a bit when I get dressed. Chez just popcorned. Now he's burrowing.

Yes rainy day here too ☔

Chez has got the emotional blackmail sorted ! How could you refuse 🥰
Enjoy your days off 🙂

I just got a new roof this spring so I don't have to worry about leaks! We're having a torrential downpour with thunder and lightning.

So I have to smoke on the threshold of the door so I don't get wet!

The boys had escarole for the first time and really enjoyed it. Stripe washed it down with a little poop then did a little zoomie.

I'm having a cavity filled at 10, so I got up at 6:30 to spend a half hour with my cat then spot clean the cage and spend some time with the boys.

Do you guys have a favorite piggy from your pairs? I think I like the boys the same but for different reasons. Stripe is good at lap time, so I enjoy that but I relate to Chez because he is the underpig and also he is hilarious.

Looks like the slightly slanted teeth on Chez are straightening out, I got a little peek. The vet was hoping his munching would help.

I really don't have a favourite with these boys. When my original pair had a spectacular bond break and couldn't even live as neighbours (Tim was hurting himself trying to get through the bars), it was very easy to decide which one got rehomed. When we had to separate The Beastie Boys we had the same worry and thankfully they are good neighbours as we couldn't decide who to keep if the issue had reoccurred.

Just did a deep cleaning of the cage. Of course they were hard to catch, but when they got back to the cage forgot all about it when they saw two little piles of pellets, one for each. They'd been peeing and pooping on the coroplast (looking at you, Chez), so that was kinda a mess.

Now Chez is zooming while Stripe chows down on some orchard hay.

They have really been digging their cilantro.

Now I have to clean the house and then wash their water bottles.

Spent a half hour with the boys before work then left for eight hours.

Got home, ate, showered then waited for the cat to take a nap so I could see the boys.

Started out with Stripe being kind of a d!ck to Chez, stealing his hay, rumbling, nipping towards him.

Then I think they were kind of excited to see me, they both zoomed, including fat Stripe.

Now Stripe's playing with his new toy and Chez is hay diving.

Should I be worried about Chez? Starting last night I haven't heard any wheeking when I'm in the hallway. He usually wheeks when he hears me. He is still eating, begging at the bars for his veggies, and chutting. And last night he zoomed.

It's just not like him.

Also, he wheeked and popcorned when I topped off the hay. But not when I'm in the hallway like usual.

Back