Stripe and Chesney

Just got back from my birthday lunch. I was early so stopped at the pet store and got the boys some toys. Stripe is smitten with a little wooden flower pot, and he's tossing it around and chewing it. Now Chez is playing with it.

I did discover that between the wall and cage there's a bunch of poop from when Chez goes under the fleece. Too small a space for the vacuum, so tomorrow I'm going to put on some gloves and pick up poop, I guess!

Stripe popcorned, he must love that toy!

The boys have been toy boys the past couple days. They always play with their commercial toys, but I have found a couple they have just gone to town on. So many teeth marks and when I do see Stripe play, he just tossed and chews.

Now they're just being hay boys, but as I typed that Chez started his zooming and Stripe joined in.

We started off the day with some red leaf lettuce, followed by some zoomies, initiated by Stripe. They would try their best to not knock into each other, and they were surprisingly successful.

Then we had a cage cleaning, so they both avoided their snuggle sacks to not get caught, but I did catch them.

Then I had some cuddle time with Stripe and he tolerated a few pets. Not sure if he enjoyed it, but it was nice. He sat very well.

Fleece in the washer, car on my lap.

Gotta go get some more lettuce, basil, and pepper today.

The boys weren't impressed by their Boston lettuce this morning.

Stripe rumbled at Chez after pepper time, then laid down, rumbled again and fell asleep mid rumble, eyes closed and everything.

Tomorrow I'd like to take them for their first nail trim. We have a pet store that does it for 12 dollars per pig, and it's customary to leave a tip.

The boys weren't impressed by their Boston lettuce this morning.

Stripe rumbled at Chez after pepper time, then laid down, rumbled again and fell asleep mid rumble, eyes closed and everything.

Tomorrow I'd like to take them for their first nail trim. We have a pet store that does it for 12 dollars per pig, and it's customary to leave a tip.
The piggies would probably oblige by leaving poops as a tip. 😁

The boys are refusing the hard part of the lettuce today. Stripe is delicately munching the leaves and Chez greedily takes his, shakes it around like he's trying to kill it, devours it, staining his mouth green in the process.

I have five days off in a row. Going out for lunch tomorrow and possibly to a poetry reading at night.

Lots of time with the boys! I can't wait to spend time with them.

The boys are refusing the hard part of the lettuce today. Stripe is delicately munching the leaves and Chez greedily takes his, shakes it around like he's trying to kill it, devours it, staining his mouth green in the process.

I have five days off in a row. Going out for lunch tomorrow and possibly to a poetry reading at night.

Ah sounds some lovely plans for you too 🥰

The boys have a nice clean cage and I had a nice little lap time with Stripe who sat nice for some pets. Chez was too wiggly. But I'm working up to it, I haven't tried holding him close to my body yet. He's the wiley one.

Have to run to the store for lettuce, pepper, cucumber and basil just for them. They had just enough lettuce left this morning. I think I'll get romaine.

Chez hides under the fleece when it's time to take him out for cage cleaning but both boys, although they resist, are getting easier to catch.

Chez has made a great escape before, so a lid goes on the container. I'm so glad I got the lid for their c&c because he's a jumper and a climber.

Barrett the cat was very jealous this morning and scratched on their door and meowed. When I opened the door he tried to get into the pigs' room, I had to shoo him with my foot.

🥰 Yes, it is amazing how quickly this salads run out! Catching is still an issue for us too, they are so quick!

Green lips ❤️

Chez left a space for burrowing and Stripe finally got up the courage to burrow and walk on the coroplast! I know he feels like a rebel because he just popcorned. He's my scaredy boy, scared of the dust pan while Chez popcorns when I spot clean.

Chez is currently zooming.

Just did a deep cleaning of the cage. Not sure if they peed on the coroplast or if a bottle is leaking.

Guy is here to fix the AC. Fingers crossed!

The boys were a little hard to catch today. But they love a clean cage. Got them butter lettuce.

I'm thinking of replacing the coroplast because there's some stuck poop.

This morning we had some zoomies and popcorns and I have 4 hours till I leave for work. We're having an author signing at the bookstore tonight, it's gonna be a full house.

You’ve had a busy day ! Hope the AC is working !
You could clean the poop off and flip the corollary over ?
My two love butter lettuce 🥰

Air conditioner working! It took so long I only have a half hour with the boys before work. If Barrett the cat allows I'll spend some time tonight.

Chez really wants to lick Stripe's ears. He inches in very slowly and decides against it at the last minute. Smart.

Back