Stripe and Chesney

Hopefully you are not going to need the vet for a long time. Glad Stripe is being a good patient and that Chez has plenty of energy (and a bit of naughtiness😄)

Yes, Chez is very naughty. I couldn't pick him up for his health check today. He kept jumping away. But his cage is clean. Even Stripe wriggled when I was putting on his cream. But he is very tame. Can't wait till all the medical stuff is done and we can just cuddle.

Chez just laid down and he's staring me right in the face. Wish I knew what he was thinking.

The boys had some forage flowers.

I haven't seen Stripe popcorn in over two months. Can't wait till he starts again.

Stripe begging for a crumb:

1000000587.webp

Stripe's wound looks so good this morning, lots of pink tissue where it was. He came back from boarding with irritated feet, but that's clearing up, too. So encouraged for Thursday's appointment.

I got up at 6 am, spent an hour with the cat, now I'm with the boys before I leave at 9.

Stripe is currently eating his flowers. He stays in his hide a little more than I'd like, but maybe that will change.

Throwback to when the boys were together:

1000000452.webp

Stripe's wound looks so good this morning, lots of pink tissue where it was. He came back from boarding with irritated feet, but that's clearing up, too. So encouraged for Thursday's appointment.

I got up at 6 am, spent an hour with the cat, now I'm with the boys before I leave at 9.

Stripe is currently eating his flowers. He stays in his hide a little more than I'd like, but maybe that will change.

Throwback to when the boys were together:
They are so cute, having a little conversation with each other. It is great to hear that Stripe is getting better! ❤️

Finally have a day off!

Cleaned Stripe's cage and put on his cream. He's currently at the fresh hay pile. To me, the wound looks good but we'll see what Dr Cervantes says Thursday. Hoping we don't have to go back and the SSD cream killed the infection.

Stripe is so tame after all of this, now to tame Chez. He's so strong willed and naughty. He just doesn't like being handled, but tomorrow he has a health check.

To the grocery store, clean the house, do homework!

Stripe munching:

1000000588.webp

Finally have a day off!

Cleaned Stripe's cage and put on his cream. He's currently at the fresh hay pile. To me, the wound looks good but we'll see what Dr Cervantes says Thursday. Hoping we don't have to go back and the SSD cream killed the infection.

Stripe is so tame after all of this, now to tame Chez. He's so strong willed and naughty. He just doesn't like being handled, but tomorrow he has a health check.

To the grocery store, clean the house, do homework!

Stripe munching:

View attachment 258020
Hello lovely Stripe, great to see you up and about! Mom's worked hard and deserves a rest day. Enjoy!

Stripe's recheck for his wound is tomorrow, can't wait. He still stays in his hide a lot and I haven't seen him popcorn since before the ear infection. Hoping he popcorns soon. He was never in to popcorning like Chez, but sometimes...

I have an eye exam today to get new glasses! Then I should really get an oil change on my car.

Will update after Stripe's appointment tomorrow.

Good luck with your eye test, and with Stripe's vet appointment. He is becoming a well travelled piggy 🚗

Good luck with your eye test, and with Stripe's vet appointment. He is becoming a well travelled piggy 🚗
Yes! It's a 45 minute drive each way and it's country roads and last time I saw a deer on the side of the road, and they can jump in front of the car. So I always say a little prayer that I don't hit a deer with Stripe in the car!

Chezzy had a very wriggly health check today. Couldn't see the bottom of his feet, he was too wiggly, but hoping he gets used to it.

He seemed to want snacks after!

1000000589.webp

In a couple hours me and Stripe leave.

The vet said Stripe's wound looks good! Just a surface wound remains so cream for another week and recheck again next Thursday, she said hopefully he'll get the all clear! She was really encouraged!

No need for oral or injection of antibiotics

Great news about Stripe.
Living in the country has its hazards like deer, pheasants, tractors……….
It’s worth it for the peace and quiet and beautiful scenery though

The boys always get their lettuce before spot cleaning and Stripe's cream. Stripe has been wiggly the last few times for his cream. Only one more week.

He came home from boarding with some irritated feet, but Dr Cervantes said it cleared up. Weren't they spot cleaning?

1000000593.webp1000000592.webp

Hi I'm Chesney and I'm the chief bar biter of the house. I bite the bars for treats even when my human isn't in the room, thinking she'll know.

Yesterday my human was at work and her coworker said my bar buddy, Stripe, must be exhausted from all the problems he's had. My human thought about it and realized he must still be exhausted, that's why he hasn't popcorned yet. But we're all waiting for him to popcorn!

I guess we're the reason the human dips into her savings account, whatever that means! But I think we're pretty cool.

Here's a cool pic of me.

1000000601.webp

Aw Chesney, you are so cute! It is very sweet of you to worry about your brother Stripe 🥰 I hope you get some treats soon 🍪

Hi Chesney!
Would you like to join team Bar Chew?
I loooove biting the bars too. Although I have calmed down a little recently, please don’t tell my hooman, she thinks it’s still my hobby!
Hope you get some treats soon- chew, rattle, chew!

Sorry to hear about your friend Stripe, I hope he’s feeling better.
Wheeks
Wally 💩

IMG_6002.webp

Came in the boys' room after work and Stripe was deep inside a hay pile. I had given them extra hay because it was a long shift.

Chesney has a clean rainbow fleece today.

Stripe is getting wiggly for his cream but hopefully he'll get the all clear Thursday at the vet for no more cream. I promised him if he did I'd let him stay in his cage where he's comfortable for one whole day, not even take him out for cuddles.

He just loves this hide!

1000000604.webp

Back