Show your crafts (WIP or finished)

Bought some cotton yarn to make a top for summer. I am trying out a different brand this time. Took ages to choose a colour though 🙄IMG_7823.webp

I’ve got two knits I still need to block. Then I’ve got an idea for a jumper that I’ll need to swatch for. So today is a day of swatching and planning.

Bought some cotton yarn to make a top for summer. I am trying out a different brand this time. Took ages to choose a colour though 🙄View attachment 225562

I’ve got two knits I still need to block. Then I’ve got an idea for a jumper that I’ll need to swatch for. So today is a day of swatching and planning.
That is a lovely summer colour ☀️🏖️

I went on an overlocker course on Saturday to learn how to use my machine properly. During the day we made a drawstring bag, cowl scarf and beanie hat. I'm very excited to get cracking with other sewing projects now!

Attachments

• IMG20230531154553.webp
    IMG20230531154553.webp
    128.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20230531_165114.webp
    IMG_20230531_165114.webp
    108.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20230531_165025.webp
    IMG_20230531_165025.webp
    84.3 KB · Views: 4
I’m feeling frustrated! I have spent the last few days trying to find a stitch pattern that works with the lush yellow yarn I got. Couldn’t find one!

I found a nice stitch pattern that could work with the fingering/mohair combo but can’t quite figure out how to do one of the stitches. I may have figured it out but I’m going to do a trial and see if I’m correct.

Mmm, delicious buttercream! It is buttercream, right?
Yes, chocolate sponge filled and covered with chocolate buttercream, topped off with minstrels!
I am thankful for a simple cake this year, I often ask and then regret it as they ask for something that I have to spend ages planning! Guinea pigs a couple of years ago, a bb8 once(never making round/ball cake ever again!) So I quite like a good old fashioned simple cake!

Chocolate overload! It looks delicious, even though I’m not much of a chocolate cake fan. Too rich for me 🤤

Back