Show your crafts (WIP or finished)

I just needed to go up a needle size. It’s subtle but I like that. I’m thinking sleeves and the top part in this pattern then the rest stockinette. It’s small enough to not have too much bra strap showing through (can you tell I don’t like that?! 🤣)
I’ll block the swatches (which should dry quickly) then, after some more planning, I can work out the numbers and get started.

I also need to wash the top I knit last year and could also block one of the items I finished last month.
IMG_7892.jpeg

I just needed to go up a needle size. It’s subtle but I like that. I’m thinking sleeves and the top part in this pattern then the rest stockinette. It’s small enough to not have too much bra strap showing through (can you tell I don’t like that?! 🤣)
I’ll block the swatches (which should dry quickly) then, after some more planning, I can work out the numbers and get started.

I also need to wash the top I knit last year and could also block one of the items I finished last month.
View attachment 226255
Your stitches are so neat, reminds me of my Auntie Bette

Thank you 😊 the stockinette didn’t look as neat when I blocked it though! I think it’s the new method of swatching in the round that I used. Hopefully it will do the job though.

PS I had an aunt Betty

Thank you 😊 the stockinette didn’t look as neat when I blocked it though! I think it’s the new method of swatching in the round that I used. Hopefully it will do the job though.

PS I had an aunt Betty
I’m afraid your knitting terms don’t mean very much as a non knitter, but it looks lovely to me. The only thing I’ve ever made was a mohair waistcoat in the late 70’s (it took 1 year to make and tried the patience of two of my best friends) and I was a sneezing wreck whenever I wore it.🤧

I’m afraid your knitting terms don’t mean very much as a non knitter, but it looks lovely to me. The only thing I’ve ever made was a mohair waistcoat in the late 70’s (it took 1 year to make and tried the patience of two of my best friends) and I was a sneezing wreck whenever I wore it.🤧
i don’t blame you for taking that long! It’s horrible if you make a mistake and have to undo 😭 I’ve used it (don’t react) but held with another yarn rather than on its own.

i don’t blame you for taking that long! It’s horrible if you make a mistake and have to undo 😭 I’ve used it (don’t react) but held with another yarn rather than on its own.
It was horrible stuff, my nose used to stream 😆

After my midwife visited today something was said about using cloth nappies and I said how much the umbilical cord freaked me out last time and I panicked so delayed using cloth nappies until it fell off. The midwife spoke about the cotton cord ties you can buy and my hubby chipped in to say I could make one!

So fast forward a few hours and I dug out the 100% cotton yarn left over from making my daughter's mobile and I've practiced with a handful of patterns I found free online. Think I am going to go with these two though might choose a different colour fish when the yarn for this baby's mobile turns up in a few days.

I've not made anything new for so long I had to watch a YouTube video to remind me how to do a magic circle 🤣
IMG20230622224249.webp

I was also disturbed by my first’s umbilical cord. I didn’t like touching it or brushing my fingers against it. I always thought it hurt!

@Hannah_xx that is beautiful! Maybe it could be your ‘soothing hobby’. You definitely need to do more, so pretty ❤️

My Mum's branch of the Women's Institute was 80 this month & my mum wanted to celebrate by making a cake.

Mum asked if I could give her a hand....
So she made the sponge cake & ended up leaving me to do the filling & decorating of it.

I used to enjoy decorating the Christmas cake &the odd birthday cake, but I haven't done any for years (I've had operations on both hands since so I struggle with dexterity).

It's only a simple design,but I was quite pleased with how it turned out :)
'Jam & Jerusalem' was the theme I used. 🎂

IMG_20230612_114406_143.webp

IMG_20230612_114427_056.webp

My Mum's branch of the Women's Institute was 80 this month & my mum wanted to celebrate by making a cake.

So she made the sponge cake & ended up leaving me to do the filling & decorating of it.

I used to enjoy decorating the Christmas cake &the odd birthday cake, but I haven't done any for years (I've had operations on both hands since so I struggle with dexterity).

View attachment 227194

View attachment 227195
That looks great! Well done to you both xx

View attachment 227194

View attachment 227195
Yummy. Looks amazing.

View attachment 227194

View attachment 227195
Lovely job there.
They look really good 😊

I’ve got a bit of sunshine at my fingertips. Finally started my summer top! There’s a book of different patterns I have and luckily my gauge matches one in the book. So I’ll be following it for my knit. Except the arms which will have the lace design on them.
IMG_8022.webp

I’ve got a bit of sunshine at my fingertips. Finally started my summer top! There’s a book of different patterns I have and luckily my gauge matches one in the book. So I’ll be following it for my knit. Except the arms which will have the lace design on them.
View attachment 227248
I love the colour :love:

Back