Show your crafts (WIP or finished)

I’m late to the party with this, but I just discovered rubber band (we called them gum bands in my youth because they were used for braces) bracelets. The little human got me into it, then I got her mother into it. These are just a few I’ve made the past week.
97513D1C-D79C-42C2-BD40-E31B8B47FE24.jpeg

Today I also made a squid. It was squidnapped though. Tomorrow I intend to use both glowing and solar changing bands to make more squids. We’ve run out of room for anything else on our ankles and wrists.

I’m late to the party with this, but I just discovered rubber band (we called them gum bands in my youth because they were used for braces) bracelets. The little human got me into it, then I got her mother into it. These are just a few I’ve made the past week.
View attachment 223048

Today I also made a squid. It was squidnapped though. Tomorrow I intend to use both glowing and solar changing bands to make more squids. We’ve run out of room for anything else on our ankles and wrists.
These were huge with my kids when they were about 7 and 9 years old.
We flew to Australia and they insisted on taking bags and bags of these on the plane. I was horrified imagining I would spend the entire flight picking up dropped bands and hooks, but instead it was the best thing ever.
They wandered up and down the plane and took 'orders' from people and made them custom loom bands.
It kept them entertained for absolute ages and made a lot of people very happy.

These were huge with my kids when they were about 7 and 9 years old.
We flew to Australia and they insisted on taking bags and bags of these on the plane. I was horrified imagining I would spend the entire flight picking up dropped bands and hooks, but instead it was the best thing ever.
They wandered up and down the plane and took 'orders' from people and made them custom loom bands.
It kept them entertained for absolute ages and made a lot of people very happy.

Son No 3 loved loom bands when he was younger too. It kept him entertained for ages. He would look up Youtube videos and make bears and all sorts of weird and wonderful creatures.

See? I’m late! It’s very confusing since I have so many children around me. All I can think is that I saw, and ignored the craft since I was not asked to assist in the making. Honestly, if one of my anklets hadn’t worked itself loose, I would not have looked up how to fix it (before school let out, and I was scolded). I then would not have needed my own bands to practice. I would not have gotten another kit with an organizer either.

View attachment 223048

I loved these in collage I used to use knitting needles to make larger items like purses and bags but it took forever.

IMG_20230423_144112722.webpIMG_20230423_164857943.webp
So I can now see light at the end of the quilt! More sections to add to complete the sides, decided to change the corner pieces to balance the colour pattern. Still not as keen on this one as my first one but I'm pleased it's coming together now.

Today I sewed a pillowcase for my daughter. She has had this pillow since she was very young (a year old or thereabouts) and the old one was in bits and pieces, and stained/faded. Luckily I still had the duvet cover so used that. She did try and sneak the torn parts but I took them away 😉

IMG_7674.webp
I also quickly sewed up a needle case I had cut the bits out for previously. I’ve thrown away the plastic one I had.
IMG_7677.webpIMG_7675.webp

As you know, we have been under imminent pignapping danger last weekend. :box:
Part of my defense plan (apart from training the piggies in self defense) were these crocheted piggies, the anti-pignapping defense squad.
all_piggies.webp
I'm happy to report that all live piggies are still here, but the anti-pignapping defense squad ... well they were pignapped to the UK.
And can you believe it: They are looking for new forever homes now. :soz:
Poor little things...
piggy_size.webp
minipig_size.webp
So if anyone in the UK would be willing to give them a new loving home, watch this thread:
The Viennese Crocheted Piggies

Attachments

• minipiggies.webp
    minipiggies.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 2
  • minipiggies.webp
    minipiggies.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 4
More signs for the wedding.
A circus sign for when we put out hula hoops, bubbles, plate spinning, and diablos for children and drunk adults to play with in the evening.
20230502_183805.webp
A sign for where the glitter makeup artist will sit. It looks hard to read in the photo but it's clearer in real life and it says "you're beautiful just the way you are but a little glitter wouldn't hurt"
20230502_182946.webp
Lastly signs for the food options with a list of everyone that chose them incase anyone forgets what they chose.
20230502_182845.webp20230502_182840.webp

Back