• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Peppers poorly 😭

Hope pepper is still OK x
I wonder why the vet didn't try a more piggy appropriate antibiotic than doxy?
Still hopefully they'll do the job and as long as you keep on syringe feeding if he's not eating much that will really help ❤️

I hope they work too. He doesn’t look any worse. But he’s definitely not eating now. He’s had two sessions of syringe feed. I’ll get two more sessions into him before bed.

Just posting to echo this. Stanley was given doxycycline and it cleared up his URI but totally wiped out his appetite which became the bigger problem. Stanley died after a few weeks, though I think this was down to my making mistakes and being slow to react. I'm really not trying to say this to scare you and I hope Pepper will get well soon, but forewarned is forearmed.
Absolutely agree I look back now at things with our gorgeous baby boy Toby and now I realise that even small changes can be signs of huge problems maybe I still would have lost him but as you say knowing these things makes you better prepared to protect others 🌈

I hope they work too. He doesn’t look any worse. But he’s definitely not eating now. He’s had two sessions of syringe feed. I’ll get two more sessions into him before bed.
Our vet suggested syringing them baby food especially apple and strawberry based ones to give them some extra sustinence 🍎🍓 oh and ribena juice x

Thank you all for your thoughts. I really appreciate it ❤️. Very positive this morning.

There’s no noisy breathing today so far. 👍🏻
He’s put on 10g. Not convinced it’s food weight. Maybe water.
He’s been walking around the cage 👍🏻
He came out for veggies 👍🏻. Didn’t eat much though.
He sat in the hay area 👍🏻. Again didn’t eat much though.

Dear Pepper,
Try to enjoy your special syringes, there's usually an especially yummy one. Make sure your slave gives you a nice treat after. Keep munching, and get well soon.
Rumble, rumble, rumble.
Dignified Sir George and Mischievous Master Boris

Good to hear.
At least it’s all going in the right direction for Pepper

Do you want some Oxbow Aniseed flavour Critical Care?
I have a packet that is no longer needed.
It has been opened but Micah died before I could use more than a couple of scoops.

Back