Feeding questions - Guinea lover 1982

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 147427
  • Start date Start date
You can give the staples daily and then throw in some other things every now and then.

Okay I went shopping today and I bought them peppers romaine lettuce cucumber mangetout and corriander

Hi my two guinea pigs are being fussy. I have them a leaf of romaine lettuce each they Wolfed that down I also gave them some corriander green pepper cucumber and mangetout. They ate the corriander and took a few nibbles out of the cucumber they haven’t seem to of touched the green pepper or mangetout. I think they most prefer red and yellow peppers

Hi my two guinea pigs are being fussy. I have them a leaf of romaine lettuce each they Wolfed that down I also gave them some corriander green pepper cucumber and mangetout. They ate the corriander and took a few nibbles out of the cucumber they haven’t seem to of touched the green pepper or mangetout. I think they most prefer red and yellow peppers
This is perfectly normal behaviour.
Not all piggies eat all foods all of the time.
Just give them what you have, leave it there for them to eat for a few hours, and then remove anything that is left.
Some days they will probably eat it all and others not.
It's nothing to worry about.

They haven’t had cucumber or mangetout before Just wanted to try them with a bit of variety hopefully they’ll eat it later

They haven’t had cucumber or mangetout before Just wanted to try them with a bit of variety hopefully they’ll eat it later
One of my new young piggies I got last month, just seemed to eat carrot and cabbage. She's now eating lettuce and green beans. It's good to just keep offering the right new foods. For some reason none of my piggies have liked mange tout, and all like green beans.

They won’t even eat green pepper and they seem to love red and yellow

Yes yellow and red are sweeter. I buy the packs of 3 different colours and give them all 3 types over the course of a few day. They may get used to the green.
Is it ok to feed them very small amounts of kale per day

Kale is too high in calcium so is best given as an occasional treat.

Mine will only eat red peppers, they flatly refuse green, yellow or orange. Micah liked them at first then he realised the others didn't so he decided he only like red peppers too!

A piggy's favourite food today will be tomorrow's poison - it's a piggy thing!

Yes yellow and red are sweeter. I buy the packs of 3 different colours and give them all 3 types over the course of a few day. They may get used to the green.
Is it ok to feed them very small amounts of kale per day
Kale is too high in calcium so is best given as an occasional treat.

Mine will only eat red peppers, they flatly refuse green, yellow or orange. Micah liked them at first then he realised the others didn't so he decided he only like red peppers too!

A piggy's favourite food today will be tomorrow's poison - it's a piggy thing!
whats beat to give them daily then

Have you read the feeding guides that were linked for you earlier this month?
They will tell you what foods can safely be fed daily.
Mine get a romaine or red cos lettuce leaf daily.
Cucumber, green beans and coriander are also good daily foods.

Again, the guides and the previous answers in this thread have already answered this question
Yeah but U don’t indicate on the guides what should feed in moderation I go by the list of high and low vitamin c foods

If you’ve read the guide then the sample plate shows the veggies which can be fed daily - peppers, cucumber, lettuce, coriander, green beans are shown on the sample plate. Everything else should be fed in moderation and rotation - 1-2 times per week

Have you read the feeding guides that were linked for you earlier this month?
They will tell you what foods can safely be fed daily.
Mine get a romaine or red cos lettuce leaf daily.
Cucumber, green beans and coriander are also good daily foods.
I’ve tried them with mangetout and cucumber they don’t seem to like them as much as romaine lettuce or red yellow and green peppers baby leaf salad or kale

I’ve tried them with mangetout and cucumber they don’t seem to like them as much as romaine lettuce or red yellow and green peppers baby leaf salad or kale

Piggies are like toddlers, they can take a while to get used to a new veg. Try it a few times, if they really don’t like it, then try something else

If you’ve read the guide then the sample plate shows the veggies which can be fed daily - peppers, cucumber, lettuce, coriander, green beans are shown on the sample plate. Everything else should be fed in moderation and rotation - 1-2 times per week
I’ve tried them with cucumber and mangetout along with there lettuce and pepper they don’t seem to be as keen on them as they are on lettuce and red or yellow peppers

Piggies are like toddlers, they can take a while to get used to a new veg. Try it a few times, if they really don’t like it, then try something else
I guess I’ll keep trying with them don’t want them going to waste. I did try them with baby plum tomatoes wernt keen on them either

Back