Feeding questions - Guinea lover 1982

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 147427
  • Start date Start date
My piggies have taken a liking to green beans are they fine to give them daily

Hi I was just wondering if this salad mix is okay to give to my piggies it contains radicchio lambs lettuce and crisp frisee

Attachments

• 7822F5F7-6E57-4420-9991-BB2385B5ADD1.webp
    7822F5F7-6E57-4420-9991-BB2385B5ADD1.webp
    88.3 KB · Views: 8
Okay thanks piggies and buns . I looked at lots of different ones to get one with no iceberg. Hope you had a great Xmas 😊

Hi is it okay to give guinea pigs both lettuce and mixed leaf together as there daily veggie in take

Yes but don’t forget you need variety in their diet - mixed leaf salads are just different types of lettuce so doing so regularly would mean you are effectively giving double portions of lettuce. One leaf of lettuce per pig per day is enough so you need to make sure you only give a tiny amount of each if you are going to give both
Lettuce (all varieties) are low in nutrients, and are mostly water, so you need to make sure they are getting plenty of other types of veggies daily as well

:agr: When I gave my piggies this mix, I would only give a small handful. The equivalent of a leaf each.

Yes but don’t forget you need variety in their diet - mixed leaf salads are just different types of lettuce so doing so regularly would mean you are effectively giving double portions of lettuce. One leaf of lettuce per pig per day is enough so you need to make sure you only give a tiny amount of each if you are going to give both
Lettuce (all varieties) are low in nutrients, and are mostly water, so you need to make sure they are getting plenty of other types of veggies daily as well

Well today I gave them some romaine lettuce the mixed leaf and some red pepper

Well today I gave them some romaine lettuce the mixed leaf and some red pepper
I would recommend that you give either the romaine or the mixed leaf, rather than both, as you are giving just additional lettuce which is very low in nutritional value for the piggies. The red pepper is good as it contains a high level of vitamin c for the piggies.

I would recommend that you give either the romaine or the mixed leaf, rather than both, as you are giving just additional lettuce which is very low in nutritional value for the piggies. The red pepper is good as it contains a high level of vitamin c for the piggies.

Today I gave my piggies some crispy mixed leaves red pepper and carrot is that ok

I didn’t want to buy to much veg from the supermarket as it goes off quite quick but I’ll try and get some more

What sort of veggies do u give your piggies

They get a lettuce leaf (little gem usually), cucumber, bell pepper, coriander every day as a basis. They then get something else added in daily also - green beans, other herbs, other leaves etc. Anything which is on the guide we linked in above is fine to give them.

Back