Chat Thread.

How did you guess! I have the Samsung S5. I find it better than the iPhone 4S I had before. The batteries aren't as smart as the phones are they!?!
I have a crappy s3 mini. -_-
It weren't cheap though when I got it! £240. No, the batteries on them thing are useless.

I was upset ant and dec didn't do ant vs dec yesterday!

I have a crappy s3 mini. -_-
It weren't cheap though when I got it! £240. No, the batteries on them thing are useless.

I was upset ant and dec didn't do ant vs dec yesterday!
I must admit I was falling asleep through the show. I thought I nodded off and missed the ant v dec!

I know a few of you are using the Jr Farm Grainless pellets - what size bag did you go for? How long does it last? Just wondering what size to go for...

Have you thought of trying bunny pellets? They are even better.
Yes I've looked at the three which Helen has recommended but I think Bunny may be a bit too pricey for me I'm afraid - so I'm unsure which to go for!
@A&T am I right in thinking you are using jr farm pellets?

Yes I've looked at the three which Helen has recommended but I think Bunny may be a bit too pricey for me I'm afraid - so I'm unsure which to go for!
@A&T am I right in thinking you are using jr farm pellets?

I do indeed use JR grainless, just changing amber over onto them. Bit of a nightmare as she's use to her muesli which I'm cutting out completely... Or trying. I give in too easily.

Are there any foods you would recommend, would megazorb be a suitable bedding (I really don't like woodshavings) and is the chinchilla sand they gave me ok for her? I've never heard of hamsters using it before. Sorry for all the questions.
I use Fitch instead of shavings and am so happy with it. I feed Harry Hamster and occasionally mix in some small hamster food, I believe there are some good mixes online though. I also give them the odd mealworm. The Chinchilla sand is fine for her. Hamsters love sandbaths. A pig food bowl is a good size for one, though depends how big your cage is. A silent spinner wheel is good too.

I do indeed use JR grainless, just changing amber over onto them. Bit of a nightmare as she's use to her muesli which I'm cutting out completely... Or trying. I give in too easily.
Oh bless her, how's it going? Which bag did you get? Just wondering if the 15kg one is too big or not lol

I too had family in the Somme. I went to France two years ago and found their names at the memorials at Vis en Artois and Theipval. A very poignant trip
Oh that must have been an unforgettable experience for you. My grandad was lucky although he lost his uncle there his body was never recovered unfortunately. It is nice we remember. Xx

Oh bless her, how's it going? Which bag did you get? Just wondering if the 15kg one is too big or not lol

She's just not eating them atall, I think she's eaten... 3 today, but I was speaking to Gigi and she made the good point that she probably knows or thinks I'm going to give in and give her her old pellets or a spoon of muesli to get her to eat. Not anymore! She's getting 10 JR or nothing!
Have your pigs had them before? I'd try the smaller bag just in case they don't like them? Then get the bigger bag. When I decide which ones to go for I'm going to get a 15kg bag get a box and keep them in a air tight box thing. Yano like the storage boxes?

Oh that must have been an unforgettable experience for you. My grandad was lucky although he lost his uncle there his body was never recovered unfortunately. It is nice we remember. Xx
No doubt his name will be on one of the many memorials, I'd recommend the trip to anyone. Will be going over again this year to do the beaches, d - day landings

I use Fitch instead of shavings and am so happy with it. I feed Harry Hamster and occasionally mix in some small hamster food, I believe there are some good mixes online though. I also give them the odd mealworm. The Chinchilla sand is fine for her. Hamsters love sandbaths. A pig food bowl is a good size for one, though depends how big your cage is. A silent spinner wheel is good too.
Thanks Helen that's a big help. I ordered a silent spinner and some more bathing sand for her. She's settled in really well already. She's loving the wheel In her cage (bit noisy hence ordering a silent one) and the tubes that run round the outside of her cage. She comes over to the bars to check I'm still here before running off again. Oh and I've renamed her Bella :luv:

She's just not eating them atall, I think she's eaten... 3 today, but I was speaking to Gigi and she made the good point that she probably knows or thinks I'm going to give in and give her her old pellets or a spoon of muesli to get her to eat. Not anymore! She's getting 10 JR or nothing!
Have your pigs had them before? I'd try the smaller bag just in case they don't like them? Then get the bigger bag. When I decide which ones to go for I'm going to get a 15kg bag get a box and keep them in a air tight box thing. Yano like the storage boxes?
nope they have been on burgess and asda pellets so this might be a shock to Joey as that's all he's known for a year lol. Just don't know whether to get Jr farm, bunny or vitakraft, I know you feed less of the last 2 so it's not as expensive as it first seems but i just don't know lol, decisions.. x

No doubt his name will be on one of the many memorials, I'd recommend the trip to anyone. Will be going over again this year to do the beaches, d - day landings
Wow u get about don't you. Have an amazing trip . Couldn't do it myself I'd find it too emotional, I cry every rememberence Sunday hate to think I'd do if I went to places like that. Xx

Wow you get about don't you. Have an amazing trip . Couldn't do it myself I'd find it too emotional, I cry every rememberence Sunday hate to think I'd do if I went to places like that. Xx
I'm well travelled :))
I admit I got emotional on the last trip, that won't stop me going back there though

nope they have been on burgess and asda pellets so this might be a shock to Joey as that's all he's known for a year lol. Just don't know whether to get Jr farm, bunny or vitakraft, I know you feed less of the last 2 so it's not as expensive as it first seems but i just don't know lol, decisions.. x

Yeahh bunny is was to expensive for me!
You might have the same trouble as I'm having then! Just have to remember that it isn't the end of the world is they stop eating nuggets altogether while your going through the change! Don't give in! I gave in.. And now she knows I'm more likely just to give in again if she doesn't eat them (which I won't anymore)!
I'm trying the vitakraft, someone is sending me some to try, so I can see which she likes best and then I'm going to make my decision which is why I only bought a small bag of JR grainless, it's quite a good size for trying it out!
I can let you know how Amber gets on? With vitakraft? I know every pig is different but yeah?

Thanks Helen that's a big help. I ordered a silent spinner and some more bathing sand for her. She's settled in really well already. She's loving the wheel In her cage (bit noisy hence ordering a silent one) and the tubes that run round the outside of her cage. She comes over to the bars to check I'm still here before running off again. Oh and I've renamed her Bella :luv:
That's a lovely name, I used to have a syrian called Bella, she bit my lip when I kissed her through the bars lol.

You are very lucky. I hate travelling hate holidays abroad ! Love Britain tho don't mind a few road trips :nod: xx
I don't travel as much as I used to, not been on a plane for 11 years. I tend to drive everywhere. I drove to Barcelona via Belgium, Switzerland and Italy :))

That said, I'd rather have a break in the uk any day! :)

Yeahh bunny is was to expensive for me!
You might have the same trouble as I'm having then! Just have to remember that it isn't the end of the world is they stop eating nuggets altogether while your going through the change! Don't give in! I gave in.. And now she knows I'm more likely just to give in again if she doesn't eat them (which I won't anymore)!
I'm trying the vitakraft, someone is sending me some to try, so I can see which she likes best and then I'm going to make my decision which is why I only bought a small bag of JR grainless, it's quite a good size for trying it out!
I can let you know how Amber gets on? With vitakraft? I know every pig is different but yeah?
yeah that'd be handy thanks :) I might go for a small bag then and then see what I think. Joey isn't major fussed about his pellets, he eats them obviously, but he doesn't go mad for them (not like Alfie used to anyway, he LOVED his pellets) and Shaun was fine switching from museli to pellets.. I know it's not the same but we'll see! I'll try and stick to your advice and not give in!

Reactions: A&T
yeah that'd be handy thanks :) I might go for a small bag then and then see what I think. Joey isn't major fussed about his pellets, he eats them obviously, but he doesn't go mad for them (not like Alfie used to anyway, he LOVED his pellets) and Shaun was fine switching from museli to pellets.. I know it's not the same but we'll see! I'll try and stick to your advice and not give in!

Yeahh, I mean maybe/hopefully your boys will just make the change easily, especially as its not a muesli - nugget change like before, it's just a nugget - nuggets change. They do smell really good, I'd eat them if I was a guinea pig.
Yep! Just remember! They don't need nuggets! As long as there still eating hay and veggies then don't panic like I did!

Back