Chat Thread.

We once had wine rack but got rid of it because we never had any undrunk bottles to go in it! I think it was a wedding present. We are more restrained now so hopefully we can keep the fridge stocked LOL. I have never had "new" kitchen stuff before its always been hand-me-downs when our parents have upgraded their white goods, so this is a new experience for me!

Did they treat the chimps well, it makes me sad to see animals in adverts and on tv. Just doesn't seem right
The chimps lived in a cottage with two women who treated them as children. This was the 50s and the did not know how else to treat them but they were very much loved. I saw how they were cared for as pet shops just sold them to anybody and the public could not deal with them so gave them to these two women. Then the silly thing crashed.

Didnt they end up at Twycross Zoo - or have I completely made that bit up?
The woman who set up Twycross was really into chimps and used to look after them like children. I remember how much we all loved those adverts in the early 1980s, its amazing to think how quickly our knowledge and ethics around animals has grown in such a short space of time.

Didnt they end up at Twycross Zoo - or have I completely made that bit up?
The woman who set up Twycross was really into chimps and used to look after them like children. I remember how much we all loved those adverts in the early 1980s, its amazing to think how quickly our knowledge and ethics around animals has grown in such a short space of time.
Yes I think so as that is what it said in the description but then it crashed. I am so glad that people would not use animals in that way now.

Isnt it shocking to think that pet shops sold chimps! Can you imagine such a thing!

Do you think in 20 years time everyone will be saying how awful it was that rabbits were kept in small cages etc? I hope so :(

I really hope so. That would be briliant. Hae you ever heard the song, a hutch is not enough? You will not be able to listen and watch the video without crying.

Yes, the "hutch is not enough" campaign is really good and succesful I think they have done well at reaching out to the "average" pet rabbit owner. I watched their online video of the woman who was the rabbit behavior expert who had the white rabbit that did tricks, jumped through hoops etc, that was amazing - I think his name was Spencer!

Oh I have not seen that. I just saw the video. It reminded me of Faisels awful life before I had him so I cried. :(

I really hope so. That would be briliant. Hae you ever heard the song, a hutch is not enough? You will not be able to listen and watch the video without crying.
I had heard of the hutch is not enough campaign but hadn't seen the video - just searched it on youtube, it's so moving! I hope it continues to enlighten rabbit owners, the thought of so many rabbits being neglected right now makes me feel both sad and angry.

I had heard of the hutch is not enough campaign but hadn't seen the video - just searched it on youtube, it's so moving! I hope it continues to enlighten rabbit owners, the thought of so many rabbits being neglected right now makes me feel both sad and angry.
It really is so moving. Especially the song too. Rabbits are the most neglected of all animals and thats thanks to people selling stupid small cages and calling them rabbit cages and the same with hutches.

Evening :) my friend took a photo of me and Amber today haha, how is everyone?
FB_IMG_1424993918142_zps5hgu1ba1.jpg

It really is so moving. Especially the song too. Rabbits are the most neglected of all animals and thats thanks to people selling stupid small cages and calling them rabbit cages and the same with hutches.
As much as it doesn't help that small hutches and cages are so easily available, I feel as though there's no excuse now for being ignorant of animal's needs - everyone can access the internet even if they don't have it at home, I just don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to do research on their pet :(

As much as it doesn't help that small hutches and cages are so easily available, I feel as though there's no excuse now for being ignorant of animal's needs - everyone can access the internet even if they don't have it at home, I just don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to do research on their pet :(
I totally agree but sadly a lot of people get them on impulse without doing any research at all.

Aww lovely picture. How is Tippy?

Thank you!
I think he's okay, better, got over his horrific attack I think, I had a proper good look at the toe today and I think what he's done is, caught his toe in the radiator and given himself a blood blister, aswell as pull his claw out a bit too. He could have even broken his toe but there's nothing they had do for a cat with a broken toe but leave it to heal itself really.

aww :) you've had a good day then? :)

Yeah! It was really good thank you! I've not seen my friend in ages so its lovely to catch up! Just been laughing all day and night too basically, aswell as playing with Amberoo :)! She was popcorning all over the place earlier, we gave her a huge run around in my backroom as there was two of us to watch for cats :D!
How has your day been?

Poor little thing. I hope he is better soon. It is lovely to hear how happy Amber is.

Reactions: A&T
I totally agree but sadly a lot of people get them on impulse without doing any research at all.
I know :( I can sort of understand buying on impulse... but... wouldn't you then research afterwards?! I just don't understand it. When I was little, my Grandma brought rabbits "for me" (to live at hers - being an animal lover must run in the family!) but they had a massive area to live in, and were well loved & cared for and she made sure she taught me what they needed as well - and if she could get it right 15 years ago, people should be able to get it right today, especially considering how easy it is to research now! Sorry for going on a slight rant haha...

Last edited:
Yeah! It was really good thank you! I've not seen my friend in ages so its lovely to catch up! Just been laughing all day and night too basically, aswell as playing with Amberoo :)! She was popcorning all over the place earlier, we gave her a huge run around in my backroom as there was two of us to watch for cats :D!
How has your day been?
Aww sounds fab :) Amber sounds like she's had a good day too, happy girlie :)
My days been alright thanks! The boys have a nice clean cage which they've now demolished already of course haha, and my room is looking tidier than it did this morning so that's a bonus! Just been laughing at Wispa having a mad half hour zooming up and down the house, crazy cat! She used to do it nearly every morning but she hadn't done it in a while!

I know :( I can sort of understand buying on impulse... but... wouldn't you then research afterwards?! I just don't understand it. When I was little, my Grandma brought rabbits "for me" (to live at hers - being an animal lover must run in the family!) but they had a massive area to live in, and were well loved & cared for and she made sure she taught me what they needed as well - and if she could get it right 15 years ago, people should be able to get it right today, especially considering how easy it is to research now! Sorry for going on a slight rant haha...
Please do not be sorry. You are totally right.

Just got in bed! After having a huge conversation with my friend about ghosts and spirits haha. Hope your managing to get some sleep now Xx

I hope you get some sleep, what's that noise? "Woooooo " *creak*
Waaaah! :yikes:

Back