Chat Thread.

ergh you poor thing :( i'd be the same... :( what are the blood tests for?

For a full blood count, rheumatoid factors and cretin. Basically seeing whats going on with my hip!

oh no bless you, i used to be afraid of needles....i was awful- the dentist was somthing i would get in a blind panic about and getting blood tests wad terrible. But luckily i am over that fear now and i now am not bothered at all.... I'm sure it will be fine hun, deep breaths, dont look at the needle and distract yourself and keep busy, maybe take an ipod/mp3 to calm yourself, is anyone going with you to hold your hand? x

I'm fine with blood tests I'm just so scared of fainting, first time i had two vials and felt faint! This time its three! I'm literally getting panicky and its not even morning yet!
My mums coming with me haha, 22 and my mum has to come for blood tests with me, how rediclous!
Also last time they used a too bigger needle for my vein and it hurt for weeks :(!

For a full blood count, rheumatoid factors and cretin. Basically seeing whats going on with my hip!

I'm fine with blood tests I'm just so scared of fainting, first time i had two vials and felt faint! This time its three! I'm literally getting panicky and its not even morning yet!
My mums coming with me haha, 22 and my mum has to come for blood tests with me, how rediclous!
Also last time they used a too bigger needle for my vein and it hurt for weeks :(!
Not at all. I can understand that, i up until about 4 years ago had someone come with me...and I'm 26. So i was about your age. I think i deff would if i was prone to fainting, bless you x x

I'd want my mum there too haha, needles terrify me. Hugs!

Not at all. I can understand that, i up until about 4 years ago had someone come with me...and I'm 26. So i was about your age. I think i deff would if i was prone to fainting, bless you x x

I hate fainting in front of loads of people.. Is so embarrassing! Ergh everyone's like OMG SHES FAINTED LETS CROWD HER! like serious?! Also I never know if I'm about to faint for vomit. My grandad is driving me there too so I won't need to get a buss or cab! Xx

I'd want my mum there too haha, needles terrify me. Hugs!

I have tiny veins too! So sometimes it takes them ages :( prodding around in my poor little arm! Waaaaaaaaa!

like OMG SHES FAINTED LETS CROWD HER! like serious?! Also I never know if I'm about to faint for vomit. My grandad is driving me there too so I won't need to get a buss or cab! Xx
Aw bless you, poor thing. ((hugs)) i can understand what you mean, hope you have a calm blood test and goes smoothly x

Reactions: A&T
I hate fainting in front of loads of people.. Is so embarrassing! Ergh everyone's like OMG SHES FAINTED LETS CROWD HER! like serious?! Also I never know if I'm about to faint for vomit. My grandad is driving me there too so I won't need to get a buss or cab! Xx

I have tiny veins too! So sometimes it takes them ages :( prodding around in my poor little arm! Waaaaaaaaa!
bless you :( I definitely know the embarrassment of fainting!
Hope it goes smoothly and quickly! :hug:xx

Thanks guys! I'll let you all know tomorrow! Or.. If you don't hear from me... Ive died of embarrassment!

Aw :P what time is your blood test booked? x

Its one of those, go along take a ticket and wait for your number ones, normally we go super early! But think were going between 9 and 10! So I've got to get up super early which will make me feel crappy as it is! X

Its one of those, go along take a ticket and wait for your number ones, normally we go super early! But think were going between 9 and 10! So I've got to get up super early which will make me feel crappy as it is! X
Aw bless, i get you. Well least it will be over and done with sooner x ((hugs)) take your phone and you can always post on the forum and we can chat with you as you go in etc x

Aw bless, i get you. Well least it will be over and done with sooner x ((hugs)) take your phone and you can always post on the forum and we can chat with you as you go in etc x

Thats a really good idea! Thank you! Hahaha brace yourself for my nervous rambling tomorrow though! X

@A&T I will be thinking of you and hope they get the vein easily. My husband gives blood and faints at needles and hes 38 so dont feel embarassed! I quite like looking at my blood being taken (its such a lovely colour!) which is lucky as I have a lot of blood tests for aenemia etc. But I panic when I have to have blood pressure taken and really struggle with that cuff that inflates :(

@A&T I will be thinking of you and hope they get the vein easily. My husband gives blood and faints at needles and hes 38 so dont feel embarassed! I quite like looking at my blood being taken (its such a lovely colour!) which is lucky as I have a lot of blood tests for aenemia etc. But I panic when I have to have blood pressure taken and really struggle with that cuff that inflates :(

Aww thank you! Oh dear! That will probably be me at 38 too! I couldn't give blood! He is very brave!
I watched once and I thought I was really interesting! I could feel it leaving my arm! But I think 3 vials of my blood leaving me will push me over the edge!
Oh that cuff hurts! I don't blame you!

Yeah and its reaaaaly counter productive to panic about the blood pressure cuff as it makes your BP go sky high!

Dave isnt brave he makes the nurse hold his hand whilst hes giving blood lol!

Yeah and its reaaaaly counter productive to panic about the blood pressure cuff as it makes your BP go sky high!

Dave isnt brave he makes the nurse hold his hand whilst hes giving blood lol!

Haha I've never thought of it like that before! Yeah it is pretty pointless! I'm okay with the ones they pump up themselves but I hate the electric ones! They always go to far! I feel my arm pulsate with those!

Hahahahaha aww bless! At least he still does it even though he's scared! It takes a nice sort of perosn to do that! I'm not allowed to give blood! But if I was I wouldnt, due to my own fear really.

I'm shattered, but wired. Gonna try and lie down and catch a few hours, up again early for another day or parcel watch/ call parcel people and call rescue etc

Night all x x

Hello to anyone awake at this crazy time. I am absolutely chock full of cold and feel like a total wreck. Worse still, something tripped our power about half an hour ago and getting up to reset the fuse box has woken me up fully and my stupid cold won't let me go back to sleep! :( Blaaaaaarg :(

I'm a night owl, sorry to read you're full of snot :( we wants you better in time for brum please :)

If this hasn't gone by April I will be seriously cheesed off! :P I literally don't have time to be ill, we're moving to a new building at work this weekend and I have to help out, plus am going skiing for a few days next week. At the moment all I want to do is sleep through the worst of it, but I can't even do that! :(

More forum time then - at least you get paid for it! :nod:

I hate being awake at night - can't do anything or make any noise or move too much incase I wake up the husband... I might make a new rule that he should be awake when I am, haha!

Morning everyone. Today isn't going to be a good day, I hardly slept, I'm shattered :(

@A&T Hope today goes well for you Cat, thinking of you! Xx

Back