Chat Thread.

My thirteen year old has started her gcse courses already.Makes me feel old.She is the youngest of five and technically in her exam years now.She should have had till September but they have started them early.

Oh! Thats strange! Why did they start them early?!

Me too! I've not had to sit an exam for a few years but I remember the dread feeling on the morning of an exam day! What exams did you have to do? was it for college? Uni? School?
It was for Baccalaureate. According to wikipedia its comaparable to the A level (or GCE?) in the UK. I'm not that young, I have done some other studies (Vocational Education and Training) before, but for what I want to study next, I do need this. So yeah, better late than never :xd:

And thanks everyone!

Seemingly so they have more time to learn and it's supposed to lessen the pressure.

Hmm.. Kinda makes sense? But now there stressed because they thought they had time they no longer have?!

It was for Baccalaureate. According to wikipedia its comaparable to the A level in the UK. I'm not that young, I have done some other studies (Vocational Education and Training) before, but for what I want to study next, I do need this. So yeah, better late than never :xd:

And thanks everyone!

Ohhhh an A level! haha sorry I was just wondering as I know there are some people on the forum currently sitting GCSE and stuff like that!
I finished college about 3 years ago now! Strangely... I miss learning!

Ohhhh an A level! haha sorry I was just wondering as I know there are some people on the forum currently sitting GCSE and stuff like that!
I finished college about 3 years ago now! Strangely... I miss learning!

No problem ^^
I actually do like to take exams, I enjoy them, its just that I get on my nerves just before taking them hahahah Its weird. But yeah, its nice to learn. It makes you feel nice with yourself, at least thats what happens to me!

Reactions: A&T
Hmm.. Kinda makes sense? But now there stressed because they thought they had time they no longer have?!
She was I'll recently and wouldn't stay off til she nearly dropped.Too frightened of missing work.She is one of the younger ones as well as her birthday is August.Having to pick options for her future career is a bit early as well.

She was I'll recently and wouldn't stay off til she nearly dropped.Too frightened of missing work.She is one of the younger ones as well as her birthday is August.Having to pick options for her future career is a bit early as well.

Wow... She sounds pretty dedicated though! Yeah I never knew what I wanted to be at that age... I thought I wanted to be a hairdresser in a fancy hairdressers place... Now I'm a Veterinary Care Assistant haha and could have done with a science (biology or chemistry) GCSE, which would have helped me greatly, But then again my school life was a shambles. I think its really hard to choose for your future so young. Silly really.

Well I still don't really know what I want to do haha...so having to choose at 13 is definitely too young!

Well I still don't really know what I want to do haha...so having to choose at 13 is definitely too young!
Totally agree with you. Kids have to make so many decisions about their future, I'm 26 and still have no idea where i am going or what i shpuld be doing.
Would love to do animal care- but the course is expensive and there isn't many jobs about with animals in my areal

sleepy.jpg

Right folks, i better try and get some sleep. Gotta be up early. Night night all and hope you all manage to sleep. Have fun :D x x

Well it didn't last for me. Lying in bed with stomach pain. Usually get this after a migraine...an upset stomach. Hopefully be able to doze off soon...but no luck so far...

Well it didn't last for me. Lying in bed with stomach pain. Usually get this after a migraine...an upset stomach. Hopefully be able to doze off soon...but no luck so far...

Hope you feel better soon, I'm absolutely shattered! Yet here I am, ever vigilant watching over the motorway and motoring public of Cumbria. ;)

Just woke up myself too haha. Need a tea.. Desperately! And a hot cross bun!
I fell asleep last night sorry guys! I did say I could fall asleep at a drop of a hat though!

Hope your feeling better today Jenny!

Back