Chat Thread.

Well bonding didn't work. Tried again but Gogi was just too full on and Sweep was v frightened so I stopped. Called the centre and the girls are going back Saturday....i feel bad...but they were so nice. I will miss the girls but they have such a nice pen at the rescue...i know they will eventually go to a good home...just feel like a failure.
On a good note Castiel is getting better each day...:-) x

I am sorry things did not work out. You tried your best and that is all you could do. Please do not feel bad. They are so beautiful and will find a loving home soon.

It is wonderful that Castiel is getting better. That is thanks to your wonderful care.

Glad about Cas, so sorry about the girls though. Can they offer to bond Sweep with anyone else?

I was up all last night with my horse, I had to phone the emergency vet at 9pm - he came in with blood literally running from the sole of his hoof. It took ages for the bleeding to stop and I thought at one point he had knicked an artery! I was so scared and we all were covered in blood afterwards. The bleeding stopped when I (under the vets direction over the phone) washed it, flushed with saline and then applied several pads and a pressure bandage. It took about an hour for the blood to stop. He is now sore and miserable and the vet said she would come tomorrow if he is still lame in the morning :( I'm worried about infection now!

Oh how awful! Poor little thing. I wonder how he hurt himself. You handled it very well though. I would have just paniced.

Glad about Cas, so sorry about the girls though. Can they offer to bond Sweep with anyone else?

I was up all last night with my horse, I had to phone the emergency vet at 9pm - he came in with blood literally running from the sole of his hoof. It took ages for the bleeding to stop and I thought at one point he had knicked an artery! I was so scared and we all were covered in blood afterwards. The bleeding stopped when I (under the vets direction over the phone) washed it, flushed with saline and then applied several pads and a pressure bandage. It took about an hour for the blood to stop. He is now sore and miserable and the vet said she would come tomorrow if he is still lame in the morning :( I'm worried about infection now!
Oh no I am so sorry. I really hope your poor horse improves....how awful.

We said maybe in a few weeks will try someone again....but Sweep need to recover and get his confidence back that's my first priority.

Cas gets stronger every day. Today am only going to do 2 feeds...as he is nibbling more hay and veg...hes still on meds for pain relief and gut stimulant...but he's doing plenty of poops now :-) x

It is wonderful to hear Castiel is able to poop now. It shows the blockage has gone.

I have no idea what he did, its like he stepped on something sharp :( I couldnt find anything on the paddock ....
Castiel goes from strength to strength! This is great news :D

I am so sorry that things didn't work out @jenniferanneharris It could we'll be that Gogi doesn't like boars. That's the conclusion I came too with Eleanor and it does happen. You tried your best and I am sure Gogiberry and Elderberry will find another nice forever home. I agree about asking the rescue if they could try Sweep with another piggy(s)
I am however glad Castriel is feeling better. You have done a wonderful job.

I'm sorry about your horse @Goth Mummy It must have been very scary for you all. I am sending lots of healing vibes for him

Its a real struggle to stay awake at work, I'm so tired after being up with Domino!

I'm just doing lots of photocoping and filing today, nothing too hard thankfully! But when I finish (soon!) I have to pick my kids up so no rest for me! X

I've made a curry today. It was really easy. I'm looking forward to eating it later. I put quorn chicken pieces in it. So I don't know what they'll taste like!

Probably not. But when I was preparing it I couldn't stand the thought of touching it and cutting it! Ugh!

Ooft I tries qorn chicken pieces, tasted like cardboard. :vom:

Feeling rather down tonight, eyes keep welling up. Will miss these girls...only got a few more days with them before they go back to the rescue...i know they will be fine, i just feel so sad and down. Will miss them, they are such big personalities... i feel like a failure. I wish i had room for 2 cages, but i just have such little room in my home...if it was my house i would get rid of things, but its my parents house,,,,so i cant. Feeling so depressed...gonna go and watch some comedy to try and cheer me up.
Hope everyone else is okay x

Aww Jenny. I really am sorry you cannot keep the girls. It is really sad but rest assured that they are going to be found a wonderful home. There is no way you are a failure at all. You cannot help not having the space for another cage and you really must not blame yourself. If you are ever feeling sad then please pm me. I am sending you hugs.

Feeling rather down tonight, eyes keep welling up. Will miss these girls...only got a few more days with them before they go back to the rescue...i know they will be fine, i just feel so sad and down. Will miss them, they are such big personalities... i feel like a failure. I wish i had room for 2 cages, but i just have such little room in my home...if it was my house i would get rid of things, but its my parents house,,,,so i cant. Feeling so depressed...gonna go and watch some comedy to try and cheer me up.
Hope everyone else is okay x
I'm really sorry things didn't work out. I'm here if you want to talk. x

Thank you both, just never had to "give back" an animal before. I have only had them a week, but i already love them...have kept my distance as i knew i would poss have to take them back...but cant help but love them. Just feeling bad as will have to do this again in a few weeks/ months again with Sweep.
Trying not to think about it- but failing badly lol.

It is hard because you have grown to care for them. I can only imagine what an awful situation you are in. It is reassuring to know that they are only going to go back to the rescue were they lived before so it will not be too much change for them. Please try not to think of the next bonding as that is not going to happen for a while and you have enough to think of right now.

I grew to love Riki too @jenniferanneharris and I only had him for just over 24 hours. It is hard having to 'give them back' but I can assure you that it does get easier.

And I agree with @piggyfan, try and not think about bonding right now. You have been through enough already and there's no rush to find Sweep a new friend(s)

Back