Chat Thread.

I like soup & It's soup weather now. I made Spinach and Coriander soup last week -with surplus Guinea Pig veggie s -it was delicious.
I like tomato and basil, carrot and coriander, and mushroom!
The great thing is they are very easy to make.

I love spicy sweet potato and butternut squash soup at this time of year - in fact I am making one this afternoon!

Is anyone else fascinated by the way our piggies just flop anywhere and fall asleep. Katie is currently asleep in the litter tray and Nala next to her under the water bottle. I could honestly watch them for hours.

That's great! It means they are happy and relaxed :)
Soup is great. I make a lot of it all year round.

I love soup, carrot & coriander this week as well as rustic chicken stew from the slow cooker, winter warmers all the way

I need to stop eating sugary things. I dont seem to be able to get a grip on it :( if i dont soon I will pile on weight and damage my health. I dont even like sweet things :( but theres always doughnuts etc at work (people are always bringing cakes and sweets and chocolates in to the office) i find myself snacking even though i dont want too. Help!

I need to stop eating sugary things. I dont seem to be able to get a grip on it :( if i dont soon I will pile on weight and damage my health. I dont even like sweet things :( but theres always doughnuts etc at work (people are always bringing cakes and sweets and chocolates in to the office) i find myself snacking even though i dont want too. Help!
It is very hard to resist sweet things as they are addictive. Could you bring your own snacks to work?

Not really the same but I take clementines to work because everyone keeps bringing in cupcakes, eclairs, cookies and donuts. We have a big tesco next to my work who sell lots of yummy goodies, not good for the diet

I do take my own lunch, either salad or home
made soup, but its the constant presence of doughnuts and Quality Street that make it so hard. My colleagues think they are being kind! I used to have my own office so I never had this problem. I must be weak willed :(

I joined weightwatchers earlier on this year and now the 2 other people who share my office have joined too . Everyone knows I don't touch cakes any more and just accepts it. I've got used to not having cakes but know that if I start. I won't stop!

I do take my own lunch, either salad or home
made soup, but its the constant presence of doughnuts and Quality Street that make it so hard. My colleagues think they are being kind! I used to have my own office so I never had this problem. I must be weak willed :(
You are not weak willed it is very tempting. I will help you. Refuse nestle products as they went to Africa and convinced the poor mothers nestle milk was better then breast milk.

Do you find WW really helps? I have never been ......never had such a problem as I do now!

Oh yeah....we boycott Nestle in this house (but its really hard! They have so many brands!)

Pfft I wish, you should see the state of m when I get to the top, and that's without carrying boxes of stock

I did a walk with my granddaughter today at Formby point, it was lovely pent time picking cones off the floor for decorations, leaves and anything little Ruby could find. Realised not as fit as I used to be! I did wake up with a little tickle in the back of my throat, not a problem . Now I feel awful think it's the start of tonsillitis , flippin annoying ,had a brilliant day too. Can't even eat x got a nice cheesecake in too ! Sod's law x

I did a walk with my granddaughter today at Formby point, it was lovely pent time picking cones off the floor for decorations, leaves and anything little Ruby could find. Realised not as fit as I used to be! I did wake up with a little tickle in the back of my throat, not a problem . Now I feel awful think it's the start of tonsillitis , flippin annoying ,had a brilliant day too. Can't even eat x got a nice cheesecake in too ! Sod's law x
Oh no that is awful. You need lots of ice cream.

Poor you! I am ill with a sore throat and cold too, I feel your pain sister! I hope you recover soon.

Poor you! I am ill with a sore throat and cold too, I feel your pain sister! I hope you recover soon.
I'll have to. gotta pick two of my grandsons up from school tomorrow and cook tea for them their brother and sister and mum and dad too. You can't be ill when your a parent, and apparently when your a grandparent too x ah well gonna try get a good sleep if I can although my piggy is a little poorly with a uti. So I'll have to see. Thankyou for your kind words. At least someone cares :luv: xx

There's a blast from the past, I spent many a naughty hour in Formby pine woods with my girlfriends when I was a teenage lad. :wub:

Back