C&C - Grids/Cubes/Connectors

• Thread starter Thread starter GPQ
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they Definately sell them there?

I thought you needed to prove your business?

I think I may go for a drive this weekend. :)

No you don't need to prove you're a business, & yes they definitely sell them there. However they are mesh grids, not like those black squared ones, but they are the same size & work just as well. They are called "Homemaker Lifestyle mesh storage cubes" Ask at the counter once you've registered :) You could give your store a ring to ask if they have them in stock first before going. They are kept up the top of the shelves, usually in the storage or someone mentioned near the ironing boards?! They should be around £9 a pack of 13 grids.

No you don't need to prove you're a business, & yes they definitely sell them there. However they are mesh grids, not like those black squared ones, but they are the same size & work just as well. They are called "Homemaker Lifestyle mesh storage cubes" Ask at the counter once you've registered :) You could give your store a ring to ask if they have them in stock first before going. They are kept up the top of the shelves, usually in the storage or someone mentioned near the ironing boards?! They should be around £9 a pack of 13 grids.

Many thanks. I've sent an email to my local store asking if they have any in stock as they're now closed.

If the gas man turns up on time tomorrow night I may make a special trip :)

Thanks again

Typically there are no JTF warehouses down south :-(

They look like the right size! I've be interested to know it they would be suitable. I guess it could make up part of the cage...

Have just found these - good price considering how expensive some people are selling!

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Safco-Wire-Cubes-in-Black/dp/B006SHL24C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340309920&sr=8-1"]Wire Cubes in Black: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home[/ame]

x

Having a look around this morning and i found this site: Its american but even the postage is quite reasonable. PLus its about $1 to 60p so most of the pre made up cages are anything from $70 -$140 Which is like £35- £80 And the postage and packing is about $40 max to uk so its not bad deal really.

LOVE! the idea of getting the new piggies a c&c cages but I'm a total novice and the idea of creating one scares me abit so this is perfect for me (if a bit more than id like to spend for the luxury of it)

http://www.guineapigzone.com/c-and-c-cages-guinea-pigs/14-cages-with-decks/53-large-cage--1x2-loft

Just a heads up, but my local Lidl has some of the vinyl covered grids in stock at the moment, so other stores probably have them too. Think they were about £28 a pack.

Just a heads up that my local B&Q (Milton Keynes) are selling the mesh storage cubes again. It's a black, 6 cube rack (think that's 20 grids) and the price on the shelf was £23.99. However, when I took them to the till, I was charged £15.98 - result!

Tomorrow's job is to make a new cage with my two packs of grids and two sheets of correx from Travis Perkins. Happy days :(|).

Have a look at my website candcguineapigcages.co.uk for some cage kits... Might work out cheaper?

Hi I'm new on here. I bought 1 piggy just over a week ago called Toffee and another 2 days later and she's called Apple. They are currently living in their shop bought cages (I was introducing them before making a C&C) but I am now looking for the materials for a C&C. I came across a mesh cube and was wondering if it would work.

http://www.equipashop.com/(A(esOuvY...HYvxgoDi5LoTKbGM-g0))/Models.aspx?ModelID=951

I chose to buy them from grendles instead, should hopefully be here in a day or so...eeek can't wait to set it up and get my girls into it x

Oh, I didn't read the information (silly me mallethead ) thankyou but i have already bought them would it matter? x

I'm sure they work the same.. just means they are nearly half the size so a 2x4 wouldn't actually be the size of a 2x4... but i cant see why they wouldn't work the same :) ... as i say just alow for the fact they are nearly half the size.. so will have to probs double up. :) x

I'm sure they work the same.. just means they are nearly half the size so a 2x4 wouldn't actually be the size of a 2x4... but i cant see why they wouldn't work the same :) ... as i say just alow for the fact they are nearly half the size.. so will have to probs double up. :) x
thank you, you are really helpful. :)

Hi, I am looking to get more Cubes and the cheapest I've found is £35 for 20, has anyone found them cheaper recently? Prices seem to have gone up considerably everywhere! :/ Thanks :)

A friend of mine has just asked me where she can get some of these grids.I don't think Screwfix or B&Q sell them anymore do they? Anyone got any suggestions?

A friend of mine has just asked me where she can get some of these grids.I don't think Screwfix or B&Q sell them anymore do they? Anyone got any suggestions?

I bought mine off Ebay, they are the same as the usual grids:) They range from £5.00 to £30.00, I got mine for £12.00 inc delivery for 2 packs, If this is any help:)

Hey,

This is for all Guinea Pig owners in the UK wanting to build there own C&C cage.

After a lengthy time searching for source material, I eventually succeeded in finding both the grids and correx.

I bought my grids from an eBay seller named: also_grendle

Seller information:
Grendle Enterprises
S Owen
18 Farm Road
Bideford, Devon EX39 3be UK

I bought 26 grids for around £45 with free P&P - This was the best option I could find as the size of my C&C cage will need at least 21 grids and most UK suppliers only sell them in sets of 20. Some of the UK suppliers also add up the total by adding VAT seperatley as well as including extortionate P&P prices (some up to £20!)

I then purchased my correx from a national company. They charged me £18 inc VAT for 2 4x8 ft sheets of 4mm correx. I got white but other colours are also available.
They do deliver but they were going to charge £15, so I decided to collect this myself as they have a product centre in Team Valley, Gateshead (Newcastle). The website for this company is: http://www.amariplastics.com/amariplastics/products/productview.asp?tid=149

They have many different locations across the country so try giving them a call and placing an order, thats what I did!

Originally I was going to place an order with http://www.candccages.co.uk/ but for the size and layout I wanted (5x2 with 2 1x2 lofts), it would going to cost £95 plus £15 P&P, totalling to £110!

Overall I have spent £63 including delivery for both the grids and the correx and it's really simple to build the cages, so why not save yourself some money!?

I hope this will help solve your C&C sourcing materials problem in the UK!

Thanks,

VV, Willow, Harley and Quinn :o

Hey,

This is for all Guinea Pig owners in the UK wanting to build there own C&C cage.

After a lengthy time searching for source material, I eventually succeeded in finding both the grids and correx.

I bought my grids from an eBay seller named: also_grendle

Seller information:
Grendle Enterprises
S Owen
18 Farm Road
Bideford, Devon EX39 3be UK

I bought 26 grids for around £45 with free P&P - This was the best option I could find as the size of my C&C cage will need at least 21 grids and most UK suppliers only sell them in sets of 20. Some of the UK suppliers also add up the total by adding VAT seperatley as well as including extortionate P&P prices (some up to £20!)

I then purchased my correx from a national company. They charged me £18 inc VAT for 2 4x8 ft sheets of 4mm correx. I got white but other colours are also available.
They do deliver but they were going to charge £15, so I decided to collect this myself as they have a product centre in Team Valley, Gateshead (Newcastle). The website for this company is: http://www.amariplastics.com/amariplastics/products/productview.asp?tid=149

They have many different locations across the country so try giving them a call and placing an order, thats what I did!

Originally I was going to place an order with http://www.candccages.co.uk/ but for the size and layout I wanted (5x2 with 2 1x2 lofts), it would going to cost £95 plus £15 P&P, totalling to £110!

Overall I have spent £63 including delivery for both the grids and the correx and it's really simple to build the cages, so why not save yourself some money!?

I hope this will help solve your C&C sourcing materials problem in the UK!

Thanks,

VV, Willow, Harley and Quinn :o

I'm just purchasing my grids off him there a really good price, cheapest I could find too :))
Is his postage quick?

He's really good because he sells single grids for 2.95 free p&p
I need 36 for my cage it has cost 63.77
Which I think is a bargain!
All I need now is my cortex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back