C&C - Grids/Cubes/Connectors

• Thread starter Thread starter GPQ
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I saw that earlier but I thought I read somewhere that the 2mm thickness (or thinness) is just too thin?

It has been fine for me but if you are unsure you are probably better going for something thicker. I stuck two sheets together :)

Ok that's a plan, sticking 2 sheets together. Never thought of that!

Great, thanks! Useful to know all these other terms for the same product.

Great, thanks! Useful to know all these other terms for the same product.
Corrotherm Is a slightly different product but I got some as it worked out cheaper than correx with postage.

as for the teacrate stuff I used it in single thickness it was a bit wobbly but it lasted 5 years. I suppose it is just personal preference

I have 11 black C&C grids for sale if anyone needs any to make or extend a cage?

£20 including postage.

Amazon and eBay both have packs of 30 grids and connectors around £32 with free postage.
Search for seville storage grids, they are listed as 8 cube storage. I bought 2 boxes on Friday and arrived today. Really pleased with them

Amazon and eBay both have packs of 30 grids and connectors around £32 with free postage.
Search for seville storage grids, they are listed as 8 cube storage. I bought 2 boxes on Friday and arrived today. Really pleased with them
I got these they are good just not sure one pack was enough.... think I need to order somemore as making flats and forgot they need roofs/floors lol

Yes. It depends whether you want an opening roof or not how you do it. You just cable tie the grids together to form a sheet the size of your cage. Ie if you have 2x4 you'd need 6. It needs some support to stop it sagging. If you want an opening one I would suggest buying a metal support from ebay that can be removed easily when opening cage, they are sold for c&c cages specifically. Cable tie one side of the cage to the lid and then use bulldog clips to clip the side you wish to open. I have a solid lid on mine as I have other levels above so I used wood battens on mine and I have slotted them through the top squares in the grids I have used three battens per level it works well but that would make it hard to remove if you want opening top as you'd have to have room to pull it all the way through.

this is the support which I believe would work for an opening top (note I haven't tried this method though!) :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/C-C-WHITE...et_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item43bcdacc7d

Just wanted to share where I got my C&C set up from on Ebay. Currently he is the only seller who INCLUDES the correx base that he cuts to order ready for set up upon receipt. He has just started out but he owns his own piggies and is a very nice and helpful guy. He sells the following. 2x3,2x4,2x5 with or without a loft (2x1,2x2) ramp included which he makes himself from very thick good quality guttering. He measures up your correx for you and scores it ready to pop together. Colours come in white, black. I bought a 2x4 with a 2x1 loft and ramp for 47.00 including delivery. He can be found on Ebay as : big-al-product-design. It's the cheapest so far I have found for a complete set up. :) Thanks

Reactions: TAN
Hi everyone, I've currently got a 3 x 3 c&c cage and am thinking about putting a stand under it, using the same grids. My question is, how many grids will I need to make it safe and secure? I know I'll need 9 to go under the correx base and then at least 10 (?) to use as the stand. Will 10 be enough or should I use more? Thanks!

Hi everyone, I've currently got a 3 x 3 c&c cage and am thinking about putting a stand under it, using the same grids. My question is, how many grids will I need to make it safe and secure? I know I'll need 9 to go under the correx base and then at least 10 (?) to use as the stand. Will 10 be enough or should I use more? Thanks!
I think you will need 15 as you need 3 along the back, then 3 under each section joint (12) :)

I've managed to get some. Do you need to put grids at the bottom as we'll? I'm going to used fluted board as a base?

I've managed to get some. Do you need to put grids at the bottom as we'll? I'm going to used fluted board as a base?

We didn't put grids underneath just the corex base on the carpet and grids around

Costco Haydock still has the 8 cube grid set instock, around £18 with the vat. A good bargain.

Costco Haydock still has the 8 cube grid set instock, around £18 with the vat. A good bargain.
did think of them but it would cost me in petrol, time and membership more than what I got them for. Thanks for info though. Xx

Hello please could anyone tell me how many individual grids (as in just side, not the completed cube) it would take to build a 2x4 candc? I am looking online but they all come prepacked in various amounts. Thanks :)

2x 4 is two grids by 4 grids. You do not normally make a base so you need 2x2 and 4x2 (as there are 2 sides of each length) sp it would be 12 grids, but then you have to think of if you want a loft or lid. Remember if making a loft you will need grids for a base to it. If you went for a 1x2 loft you would need an addtional 5 grids. If you want a lid you will need 8 extra grids for 2x4 without loft

Thank you briony that is helpful. I was thinking of something completely different!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back