A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

• Thread starter Thread starter DMS260820
  • Start date Start date
I have no babycham for Christmas.
Could you have Prosecco instead? I know its not your Christmas tradition but you could make do this year. I intend to start on the Buck's Fizz tomorrow morning as soon as the turkey goes in the oven as then I've started cooking the dinner! Christmas Day is the only day I drink so early in the morning. I always drink when I'm cooking the Christmas dinner. (My friend Shaz said "Ditch the orange juice and just get the Prosecco down yer neck, it's Christmas!)

That's terrible! That price is outrageous and I would call the office to let them know that the vet missed the wound on the foot and see if you can get some of your money back. I guess the good news is that your hamster does not have cancer.
I called... all I got was "the vet would have given you these meds anyways for the bleeding."
please, I'm not that stupid, you don't give a hamster anti-biotics just for bleeding. They also offered me to come back, (not for free) like as if I'm going to make my poor hamster endure another 30-minute car ride, pay another $188 (the cost of a visit) to see a clearly incompetent vet! I honestly knew from the beginning she didn't know her stuff when she called my very obviously roborovski hamster a Russian dwarf.
like you said, just trying to focus on the good news that there's no cancer :)

Could you have Prosecco instead? I know its not your Christmas tradition but you could make do this year. I intend to start on the Buck's Fizz tomorrow morning as soon as the turkey goes in the oven as then I've started cooking the dinner! Christmas Day is the only day I drink so early in the morning. I always drink when I'm cooking the Christmas dinner. (My friend Shaz said "Ditch the orange juice and just get the Prosecco down yer neck, it's Christmas!)

I shall be doing the same! This is the first time I'll be doing a proper Christmas dinner since I became Head of Christmas Magic for a small human, starting to feel the pressure 😅

I actually have a bottle of prosecco that I've been saving as need to drink it over a few days. It makes me bloated otherwise.

I've got malibu, gin and wine in so I have a choice. Not that I drink that much at home anyway.

I could never do champagne, Prosecco, or whatever. Fizzy alcohol is not my idea of fun, although alcohol with a fizzy mixture mixer is fine.

As for me, spiced/dark rum. Well, rum in general. Just not on an empty stomach because I've been there and it wasn't pretty.

Last edited:
Waiting for my parents to get home, they are late & dinner is cooked.
This feels the wrong way round- bear in mind I have not lived with them for 20+years.
Almost had a repeat incident tonight. Is it ok to ground your parents?! 😀
Not my turn to cook tomorrow- thank goodness!

Last edited:
If you need a hand @fluffysal, we're here for you ;)

We've left port out for Father Christmas. Somehow I just know that's what sh- ...he wants. :))
We're just partaking of a sherry and mince pie after our return from the midnight service. If Father Christmas is expecting to find one while checking if our 19 year old has left out a stocking - hard luck to him, I've had it 😋

Well, we've had to take the decision to have Christmas tomorrow after a particularly bad night's sleep. Good job the small one has no idea yet!

Very disappointed but reminding myself that it's still happening tomorrow, that an extra day means more prepping ahead so less to do tomorrow (and maybe extra mince pies), and that I can still have nice things today like a cheeseboard for dinner.

Good job I accidentally bought two lots of port and buck's fizz so I have enough for both days :))

Well, we've had to take the decision to have Christmas tomorrow after a particularly bad night's sleep. Good job the small one has no idea yet!

Very disappointed but reminding myself that it's still happening tomorrow, that an extra day means more prepping ahead so less to do tomorrow (and maybe extra mince pies), and that I can still have nice things today like a cheeseboard for dinner.

Good job I accidentally bought two lots of port and buck's fizz so I have enough for both days :))
"Accidentally" ?😁😍😆🤣

"Accidentally" ?😁😍😆🤣

A real accident, I promise! A very, very sad accident...

I usually try to buy non-immediately-perishable Christmas stuff in October/November whenever there's something spare in the food budget - I really did forget that I'd already ticked that box 😂

Oh @Lorcan 🤦🏻‍♀️. Have a few. It might steady you up.

I caught my heel on the step so kind of slid on that foot til the other foot hit the floor. Thankfully only the last couple of steps so it wasn't a major fall, but I get asked why I wear heavy steel-toe boots everywhere - this is why. If that had been shoes, my ankle would've gone from underneath me, but all I've got to worried about is a few pulled muscles and some bruised pride lol.

I'm changing my mobile provider as I haven't been happy with my current one for quite a while. The new SIM card arrived today, requested a PAC code, which I got straight away, filled out the online form to keep my old number, and then chose a date on which I want the number to be changed over. The form accepted my old number (green tick), the PAC code (green tick), and the date (green tick) but when I went to confirm it all my old number (red cross) is apparently invalid. Funny that as I have just phoned it from the house phone and it the number is not invalid. I have had the same number for years and last time I changed providers it wasn't easy either! I'll wait until tomorrow and try again.

Had a reminder text from Specsavers about my eye test next week. They are looking forward to seeing me apparently. Well, the feeling is definitely not mutual! I couldn't fit it in before the chaos of Christmas, and am already dreading it - hoping it doesn't start the year off on a bad start!

Back