A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

• Thread starter Thread starter DMS260820
  • Start date Start date
@Betsy is it a covid type bug you've had? @ ladykelly I hope you're both feeling better now?

I've been off for a week now , all covid type symptoms, banging headache, exhaustion, horrendous cough, cold, raging temperature, dodgy stomach, painful teeth (weird I know!) & now I've woken up (3am -joy!) with an absolute mare of an earache one side, feeling slightly deaf the other!

I've had a squirt of a nasal decongestant & taken some paracetamol. So hopefully it'll kick in soon for some pain relief 🤞🏻

I'm proper cheesed, because I went to check my medicine cabinet as I knew I had some Lemsip's & Beecham's in there ... They're all out of date 2021 ... :td: Bahh!, so went for the two separates instead.
I've had enough of being ill already
:ple::bye:
XX

@Betsy is it a covid type bug you've had? @ ladykelly I hope you're both feeling better now?

I've been off for a week now , all covid type symptoms, banging headache, exhaustion, horrendous cough, cold, raging temperature, dodgy stomach, painful teeth (weird I know!) & now I've woken up (3am -joy!) with an absolute mare of an earache one side, feeling slightly deaf the other!

I've had a squirt of a nasal decongestant & taken some paracetamol. So hopefully it'll kick in soon for some pain relief 🤞🏻

I'm proper cheesed, because I went to check my medicine cabinet as I knew I had some Lemsip's & Beecham's in there ... They're all out of date 2021 ... :td: Bahh!, so went for the two separates instead.
XX
Yes it is the covid type bug that I've had. I've had the body wracking cough, hot razer blade throat, and generally feeling yuck. No temperature, dodgy tum or painful teeth though. I was totally exhausted with it. I think it's the Covid and Flu jabs that I had (I'm on the vulnerable list) that kept it from being to terribly awful although it was bad enough!

Yes it is the covid type bug that I've had. I've had the body wracking cough, hot razer blade throat, and generally feeling yuck. No temperature, dodgy tum or painful teeth though. I was totally exhausted with it. I think it's the Covid and Flu jabs that I had (I'm on the vulnerable list) that kept it from being to terribly awful although it was bad enough!
I've had the flu jab, but I don't qualify for the covid jab/boosters, which is a shame because I would have happily had it.
The sore throat was how mine started, then a tickly cough, that turned into like you said a 'body wracking ' checking your ribs for broken bits, comes from yer boots, contemplate 'Tena ladies' to assist type cough :yikes:
I tried propping myself up to drain the congestion, but I've been awake since 3am & my ear pain is hideous :(
I'm currently stinking the place out inhaling menthol crystal Steam .... & I can't actually smell it at the moment :hmm:
I'm soooo tired! :zzz:

Hope we'll both soon feel better 🤞🏻
Speedy recovery Jackie x

I've had the flu jab, but I don't qualify for the covid jab/boosters, which is a shame because I would have happily had it.
The sore throat was how mine started, then a tickly cough, that turned into like you said a 'body wracking ' checking your ribs for broken bits, comes from yer boots, contemplate 'Tena ladies' to assist type cough :yikes:
I tried propping myself up to drain the congestion, but I've been awake since 3am & my ear pain is hideous :(
I'm currently stinking the place out inhaling menthol crystal Steam .... & I can't actually smell it at the moment :hmm:
I'm soooo tired! :zzz:

Hope we'll both soon feel better 🤞🏻
Speedy recovery Jackie x
I'm so much better now Andrea, I still have a cough but nothing like it was. Try putting Vicks on your feet and putting your socks on. It helps with the cough (it really does!) I really didn't want to "do" Christmas but had to carry on as women do. The OH has a milder version of it now and of course is "dying", is incapable of doing anything, wants to stay at home. He is getting no sympathy from me as I go none from him. I had to cook dinner for 7 Christmas Eve, 6 Christmas Day and 6 on Boxing Day all by myself (except for cheese sauce for cauliflower cheese on Christmas Day) and generally entertain family. Women carry on...... Men "die"!

Hope you soon feel better @GPTV. You clearly have it worse than I did. I felt bad enough you sound like you feel terrible!

I'm so much better now Andrea, I still have a cough but nothing like it was. Try putting Vicks on your feet and putting your socks on. It helps with the cough (it really does!) I really didn't want to "do" Christmas but had to carry on as women do. The OH has a milder version of it now and of course is "dying", is incapable of doing anything, wants to stay at home. He is getting no sympathy from me as I go none from him. I had to cook dinner for 7 Christmas Eve, 6 Christmas Day and 6 on Boxing Day all by myself (except for cheese sauce for cauliflower cheese on Christmas Day) and generally entertain family. Women carry on...... Men "die"!
The dreaded man flu 🙄

XX

Yes I am feeling much better now thanks. Just a slight bug. Nicely timed with my baby deciding sleep is for the weak (think it's teeth as he keeps sucking his bottom lip in and grinding his gums) and only sleeping one hour at a time through the night 😴 today is definitely a caffeine day

My parcel got dispatched on the 30th Dec to Royal Mail. Royal Mail tracking has said for an entire week that they are waiting for it and once processed, the tracking will be updated.... so where is it?!?

Unscanned. Until it's scanned in at the first depot or whatever it's counted as "still waiting for it" even if it's technically in their possession.

Unscanned. Until it's scanned in at the first depot or whatever it's counted as "still waiting for it" even if it's technically in their possession.

For a whole week? I know we've had New Year but that's just one day extra closed... more annoyed that I'm back at work next week and there's some days there will be no one in so if turns up could be a palaver. I can't remember if Royal Mail have the sense to leave with a neighbour/ in green box or not.

Mine sat for about 2 weeks, back during the strikes. So yeah, I can see it taking that long over the New Year period, although I've not had an issue recently. It'll depend on how up to date that specific depot is with their backlog.

If when making a bed there are 4 pillows and 4 pillow cases, how many pillows would you think went on the bed? If you are my OH it is clearly 2. Now if 2 of those pillow cases matched the duvet cover and 2 where just plain white which ones would you put on the 2 pillows that you thought went on the bed? If you are my OH it's clearly the white ones and not the ones that match the duvet cover! The white pillow cases are for the under pillows. Honestly MEN! Sometimes I wonder why they were put on this planet!

If when making a bed there are 4 pillows and 4 pillow cases, how many pillows would you think went on the bed? If you are my OH it is clearly 2. Now if 2 of those pillow cases matched the duvet cover and 2 where just plain white which ones would you put on the 2 pillows that you thought went on the bed? If you are my OH it's clearly the white ones and not the ones that match the duvet cover! The white pillow cases are for the under pillows. Honestly MEN! Sometimes I wonder why they were put on this planet!

Watch out... It could be weaponised incompetence - doing something wrong on purpose so you don't ever have to do it again/so you get to coerce someone else in to taking on the job

Watch out... It could be weaponised incompetence - doing something wrong on purpose so you don't ever have to do it again/so you get to coerce someone else in to taking on the job

I actually got banned from helping with the veg prep for Sunday dinner, but that was less because I intentionally screwed it up, but because I was slicing leeks. I always thought I hated leeks but, there they were, so I tried some and, well. Raw leeks taste surprisingly good. :coat:

It may have been but he has to make the guest bed because I always hit my head in the slanted roofline so I refuse to do it.

Still lovely though

I got an email from them this morning saying they've arranged for a replacement to be sent out in the next couple of days. It's gonna be fun sifting through a 1,000 piece bag just to find one, specific non-edge piece but I'm not doing the whole thing again lol.

I gotta admit I was surprised by it. They were really cheap for the size (and Chinese, too) and I thought the quality was gonna be awful, but I'm a sucker for a landscape puzzle and they have some gorgeous ones. They're not the best pieces I've seen but I'm glad I bought a few of them lol. Plus their mascot (for lack of a better word) is a dog and there's a matching dog shaped piece in the puzzle and it's very cute.

I mean, it's just upsetting.

View attachment 239534
So the piece I have here is the top of the wooden fence post & trees? 🧩 :inn: :whistle:
If I had known the dog shaped piece was there & was in the right of the river, i would have had that instead (for the purpose of making finding the new missing piece easier :) of course).

Jeepers all that in one day! :yikes: that's patience for you!
I do like the picture, :wub: could you copy the new missing piece (when you find it) & stick on a piece of card the same thickness as the puzzle.
You'd have 2x complete puzzles & could sell/donate one on then?
...as long as the same piece isn't missing from all of them?
...Now that would keep you off a certain thread for ages! :roll: Xx

Last edited:
So the piece I have here is the top of the wooden fence post & trees? 🧩 :inn: :whistle:
If I had known the dog shaped piece was there & was in the right of the river, i would have had that instead (for the purpose of making finding the new missing piece easier :) of course).

Jeepers all that in one day! :yikes: that's patience for you!
I do like the picture, :wub: could you copy the new missing piece (when you find it) & stick on a piece of card the same thickness as the puzzle.
You'd have 2x complete puzzles & could sell/donate one on then?
...as long as the same piece isn't missing from all of them?
...Now that would keep you off a certain thread for ages! :roll: Xx

Well see this is where it's interesting because in the box, along with the bag of pieces, is a full sized poster replica of the puzzle itself. The picture's the easy bit, it's getting the right sort of card, the proper amount of layers, and the right fit with the other pieces that's the problem.

As for the in one day thing, I had help...from the manufacturer, lol. They print A, B, C, D, AB, CD, AC, BD on the back of the pieces, A being top right, B top left, C bottom right, D bottom left. Now, this doesn't actually make the puzzle itself much easier, but it does make it easier to work out if your piece is upside down. Do you know how many hours of frustration are saved when you know which way round a piece is supposed to fit?!

Sadly the temp's dropped and I can't keep downstairs warm enough to sit there. No more jigsaws for a bit, which is a pity because I bought four of their jigsaws and I want to start the next one damn it, lol.

tbf I didn't realise this til I was looking at the pieces on Saturday.

That green puzzle board, it was the first time I used that too. My last one ended up with black dust on the fabric (not my doing I hasten to add) and it's damned near impossible to fully clear. The lining was starting to wrinkle a little too so I figured I'd try a new one. Bought a Portapuzzle 1000 and that green thing. My vote is for the green thing. The unfinished jigsaw is sitting in the Portapuzzle atm because it'll make for good storage, but the green one is much more appropriate. I can do the jigsaw upside down just by swivelling it round! I don't have to reach across the table or clear everything in the near vicinity so I can lift and turn it round without causing an accident!

It got mixed reviews on Amazon and I can kinda tell why but so far, so perfect lol.

(and yes I do get very excited over jigsaws, why do you ask?)

Back