A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

• Thread starter Thread starter DMS260820
  • Start date Start date
Ah, automated systems and voice recognition. Pretty sure everyone within a square mile or so just heard my bark of "YES", I haven't yelled like that for a long time. Normally I'd say to deliver tomorrow or something but I need those Snugglesafe covers to actually turn up. I don't know how many more directions they can get - they've got written instructions, map pins, images to accompany those map pins. I'm not going to hold their hand the entire way to the door.

Workplace drama that just goes to too much with crappy text messages basically saying I'm bullying them and setting them up to fail as they are new to the job. At the moment I'm piggie in the middle as my manager is being investigated by the higher ups and I've gotta keep things to myself.
Instead of waiting until we were working together and they could have come to me and spoke to me, they have gone to said manager instead.

Think its time to find a different job.

workplace I get that sorry your going through that I work small medical office Ive been there 17 years my coworker 22 years together now she takes everything way too seriously she thinks the answer is to leave work and find another job and its annoying listening to her complaining but in my heart shes making the wrong decision she needs to work on herself but how do you say that without causing an issue

I'm not sure how I'm going to tell my piggies this and I'm expecting to get a strongly worded letter from Miss Bramble if I don't manage to rectify the situation by tomorrow... THERE WERE NO CUCUMBERS IN TESCO TODAY! :yikes: :yikes: there were lots peppers where the cucumbers should have been. I have peppers. What I do not have is a cucumber so will have to search for one tomorrow. Luckily there is enough left for Veggie dindins tonight but not after that. I certainly don't want to incur the wrath of Miss Bramble. She knows how to put Slaves in their place and I don't particularly want to be on the receiving end of that!

Shame you don't live closer. I've got 4 cucumbers in my fridge! Sainsbury's didn't deliver any last week and caused a mild panic. When I was in Aldi this week they had some so I picked 2 up and then forgot to cancel them off this weeks Sainsbury delivery. The humans have cucumber sandwiches for lunch this week!

Shame you don't live closer. I've got 4 cucumbers in my fridge! Sainsbury's didn't deliver any last week and caused a mild panic. When I was in Aldi this week they had some so I picked 2 up and then forgot to cancel them off this weeks Sainsbury delivery. The humans have cucumber sandwiches for lunch this week!
You clearly didn't want Miss Bramble telling you off either!

I was more worried about Bertie to be honest! No cucumber for breakfast would mean a loud screaming fit from Bertie which would set the other's off. If they don't get the right thing at the right time they won't settle, my own fault, should never have let them get into a routine.

I'm not sure how I'm going to tell my piggies this and I'm expecting to get a strongly worded letter from Miss Bramble if I don't manage to rectify the situation by tomorrow... THERE WERE NO CUCUMBERS IN TESCO TODAY! :yikes: :yikes: there were lots peppers where the cucumbers should have been. I have peppers. What I do not have is a cucumber so will have to search for one tomorrow. Luckily there is enough left for Veggie dindins tonight but not after that. I certainly don't want to incur the wrath of Miss Bramble. She knows how to put Slaves in their place and I don't particularly want to be on the receiving end of that!
Crisis averted! (Phew!) I managed to get a cucumber in Co-op today. I'm so relieved that Miss Bramble won't be venting her wrath!

Why do most Guinea Pigs products are complete crap? Hides that are too small. Fleece hides that have no absorbent layer. Leashes for guinea pigs that no one should use. Guinea pig pellets with birdseed in it at the pet store.

Cucumber sarnies. How posh. 🤣

Sigh. I ordered two bags of Megazorb yesterday afternoon for what should have been a Saturday delivery. I say should, because they sent it via DPD and DPD don't do weekend deliveries, so apparently it turned up today and I didn't notice because I had my earbuds in. It was due for redelivery on Monday, I'm not here on Monday morning. Or Tuesday morning. I can't even blame DPD for this, with the whole "Saturday delivery" thing I hadn't even twigged it would be another courier.

Rearranged for a Wednesday delivery and I've got some Back2Nature hopefully arriving tomorrow instead. At least the Megazorb's not going to go to waste if it has to sit for a couple of weeks in the lounge.

Sigh. I ordered two bags of Megazorb yesterday afternoon for what should have been a Saturday delivery. I say should, because they sent it via DPD and DPD don't do weekend deliveries, so apparently it turned up today and I didn't notice because I had my earbuds in. It was due for redelivery on Monday, I'm not here on Monday morning. Or Tuesday morning. I can't even blame DPD for this, with the whole "Saturday delivery" thing I hadn't even twigged it would be another courier.

Rearranged for a Wednesday delivery and I've got some Back2Nature hopefully arriving tomorrow instead. At least the Megazorb's not going to go to waste if it has to sit for a couple of weeks in the lounge.
Everything gets so complicated. I’m pleased you’ve managed to sort it out.

A friend asked us to go on a cruise with him and his girlfriend in January to celebrate his 50th birthday. We said that we would go. The cruise is going from Fort Lauderdale and we have booked an inside cabin which was the cheapest option as it's not exactly a cheap cruise. He has gone for an expensive balcony cabin, with Concierge Service and the works. He paid the deposit. We paid the deposit and then the balance a couple of days ago as it has to be paid for by today. Friend phoned up last night saying that the money he thought would be in his account yesterday hadn't gone in (it's going in next week - we both think he knew this) and he now can't afford to pay for the cruise unless we lend him the money for a week. We feel we have no choice in the matter as we have already paid. We are not happy about this. Why did he book one of the most expensive cabins on the ship if he couldn't afford it?

A friend asked us to go on a cruise with him and his girlfriend in January to celebrate his 50th birthday. We said that we would go. The cruise is going from Fort Lauderdale and we have booked an inside cabin which was the cheapest option as it's not exactly a cheap cruise. He has gone for an expensive balcony cabin, with Concierge Service and the works. He paid the deposit. We paid the deposit and then the balance a couple of days ago as it has to be paid for by today. Friend phoned up last night saying that the money he thought would be in his account yesterday hadn't gone in (it's going in next week - we both think he knew this) and he now can't afford to pay for the cruise unless we lend him the money for a week. We feel we have no choice in the matter as we have already paid. We are not happy about this. Why did he book one of the most expensive cabins on the ship if he couldn't afford it?

I would be seriously annoyed. That is just so rude.

That's awful! I do hope you have a good time on your cruise though.

I have cuts and scrapes all over my hands from restocking the upstairs hay tub, and cleaning out the goblin cage. I have cuts and scrapes. Why do they insist on eating this kind of hay?!

Spent most of the day on the phone. Found out I have to start all over working on getting a special escape proof child car seat since my autistic child is determined to escape in the car. It's going to take a few months or I can pay for one out of pocket but that is like $300 starting cost.

Then since he likes to escape, I am working on getting a tracking device on him that the local police department can find him quickly. That thing costs $300-$400 so that's another cost. Problem is my child does not like wearing any bracelets (that's how the tracking device is worn) let alone clothes. So we have to practice with a hospital style bracelet before I pay for the tracking device.

My housemate has been sick for weeks. Doctors, testing, and prescriptions are not enough. Vomiting, nausea, various pains, and she’s fussy about medication. She is currently on an “I will tell you what I want to eat at the last moment,” kick. Not once has she shut up about the food I serve her. “You’re cooking it wrong! You have to microwave it, not make it on the stove!” “Boiling water isn’t hot enough!” “You gave me too much!” “I want it cut smaller!”
Imagine a 2-year-old. Her meals are simple like what I fed the toddlers, her table manners are as atrocious at the moment (they were never great though), and her tantrums are enough for me to send her for a nap.

My housemate has been sick for weeks. Doctors, testing, and prescriptions are not enough. Vomiting, nausea, various pains, and she’s fussy about medication. She is currently on an “I will tell you what I want to eat at the last moment,” kick. Not once has she shut up about the food I serve her. “You’re cooking it wrong! You have to microwave it, not make it on the stove!” “Boiling water isn’t hot enough!” “You gave me too much!” “I want it cut smaller!”
Imagine a 2-year-old. Her meals are simple like what I fed the toddlers, her table manners are as atrocious at the moment (they were never great though), and her tantrums are enough for me to send her for a nap.
That sounds exhausting for both of you. I hope the doctors find out what is going on with your housemate so they can get better. My sister had several times of mystery illnesses and it took so long for the doctors to figure it out. The weirdest one was her gall bladder going bad, like it died and her liver fused around it and her small intestine causing her pain every time food would leave her stomach and go into the small intestine.

Back