Who’s struggling?

It's a mixture between my lungs/heart, my DVT, and my hip at the moment. Basically lots of things not going how they should and I just get told I have to wait to see how they work out. I'm more worried about vein damage in my leg and my lungs at the moment. My mobility is definitely better than it was a few weeks ago. They said hip wise, healing is a year. So hopefully it will continue to improve even though it's slower than expected.

My heart and lungs, just wandering round my bungalow on my crutches can make me breathless and dizzy. But need to try and concentrate on the fact I can walk significantly better with my crutches. Just fed up of being in the house really. I need to find some kind of new routine.
I see. I’m sorry things aren’t going as planned but I’m at least glad you’ve noticed an improvement in your mobility. I’m sorry that wondering around your bungalow leaves you feeling breathless. Hopefully they’ll be no lasting vein damage to your leg and lungs

I hope you can find a new routine that works for you x

I see. I’m sorry things aren’t going as planned but I’m at least glad you’ve noticed an improvement in your mobility. I’m sorry that wondering around your bungalow leaves you feeling breathless. Hopefully they’ll be no lasting vein damage to your leg and lungs

I hope you can find a new routine that works for you x
Thank you. Yes my mobility is definitely better than it was a few weeks ago. Physio is definitely being hampered by everything else. I ended up in a&e earlier in the week because my physio got me to walk further with my crutches than I clearly should currently and he was being careful.
Just walked to the kitchen which isn't far at all and my heart rate is all over the place, heart palpitations and chest pain, it's definitely not pleasant. But hopefully it will improve with time when the clots dissolve more. Been told that my mind is the right place wanting to get well and do the physio etc to get well but my body hasn't caught up yet.

You know how they say owners are like their pets. I seem to be copying how my guinea pigs had been this year 🤣

He says he’ll be ok but I’m worried it’ll be too much work for him

No, we do not live together. There’s a mile between us x
If your mum comes home and she can't manage your GP should be able to refer her for help. I wasn't entitled to any help until I came out of hospital and then it was obvious i needed help and they had to put it in place.

Your mum may be fine though, people who've had hip replacements can be pretty mobile. But obviously with the restrictions of not bending etc.

Thank you. Yes my mobility is definitely better than it was a few weeks ago. Physio is definitely being hampered by everything else. I ended up in a&e earlier in the week because my physio got me to walk further with my crutches than I clearly should currently and he was being careful.
Just walked to the kitchen which isn't far at all and my heart rate is all over the place, heart palpitations and chest pain, it's definitely not pleasant. But hopefully it will improve with time when the clots dissolve more. Been told that my mind is the right place wanting to get well and do the physio etc to get well but my body hasn't caught up yet.

You know how they say owners are like their pets. I seem to be copying how my guinea pigs had been this year 🤣
If your mum comes home and she can't manage your GP should be able to refer her for help. I wasn't entitled to any help until I came out of hospital and then it was obvious i needed help and they had to put it in place.

Your mum may be fine though, people who've had hip replacements can be pretty mobile. But obviously with the restrictions of not bending etc.
It sounds like you’re really going through it. I’m sorry you ended up in a&e again. I’m sorry about your chest pain and palpitations. I really do hope it does improve as the clots dissolve. Glad your mind is in the right place though

I’m really hoping my mum will be able to cope more than I’m imagining but it’s good her GP can put things in place if not

I really do hope the rest of your recovery goes smoothly x

It sounds like you’re really going through it. I’m sorry you ended up in a&e again. I’m sorry about your chest pain and palpitations. I really do hope it does improve as the clots dissolve. Glad your mind is in the right place though

I’m really hoping my mum will be able to cope more than I’m imagining but it’s good her GP can out things in place if not

I really do hope the rest of your recovery goes smoothly x
Thank you.

It's surprising just how mobile people can be after hip replacements. I didn't have a hip replacement, they removed bone etc as I'm young. But seen people who've had them and they often do well. So hopefully when she comes out of hospital you will be feeling relieved.

Thank you.

It's surprising just how mobile people can be after hip replacements. I didn't have a hip replacement, they removed bone etc as I'm young. But seen people who've had them and they often do well. So hopefully when she comes out of hospital you will be feeling relieved.

Sorry, I thought you’d had a hip replacement but what you’ve had done doesn’t sound nice at all 😞

Thank you, hopefully I will feel relieved when my mums had it done and she’ll recover well x.

I'm sorry I don't have anything helpful or insightful to add but just wanted to send big hugs to everyone. Whether you're suffering yourself, caring for someone who's not well or just offering support to others :hug:
It's easy to feel overwhelmed, especially this time of year (I'm in the UK) as the weather is getting colder and the days getting shorter so it's essential to find things to be grateful for and seek out things to make us smile.... Piggies are great for that 🥰
Animals are so good at living in the moment and being happy.... just because. So I hope everyone can channel their inner guinea pig and even if you can't zoomie or popcorn, perhaps just a wheeeeek of happiness when you're eating or drinking something that makes you happy :yahoo:
The sun is always shining, even if we can't see it at the moment. Please be strong and know you're not alone.
Big hugs and cake for everyone 🤗🍰🧁

My mum had her hip replacement surgery this morning. She was first on the list so was taken down to theatre just before 9am

Thankfully the surgery went well and I have spoken to her several times since she came back from recovery

I’m still feeling really stressed out about her and my dad not coping when she comes home especially when I go to Belgium next weekend but for now I’m trying to focus on the positives that none of the worst case scenarios that I was worried about happening during the op hasn’t happened

I would be very grateful if you could keep your fingers crossed that she makes a good recovery x

My mum had her hip replacement surgery this morning. She was first on the list so was taken down to theatre just before 9am

Thankfully the surgery went well and I have spoken to her several times since she came back from recovery

I’m still feeling really stressed out about her and my dad not coping when she comes home especially when I go to Belgium next weekend but for now I’m trying to focus on the positives that none of the worst case scenarios that I was worried about happening during the op hasn’t happened

I would be very grateful if you could keep your fingers crossed that she makes a good recovery x
That's great, it's gone well. When does she come home?

Hope by the time you go away you feel much less anxious and can enjoy yourself x

That's great, it's gone well. When does she come home?

Hope by the time you go away you feel much less anxious and can enjoy yourself x

Thank you. It’s a relieve that her heart and diabetes didn’t cause any problems during the op.

When she had her pre op, they said between 3-5 days but a lady who had a knee replacement on Wednesday who was in the same bay went home today so I think it depends on the individual and how well they do after surgery

Thank you. I hope I’ll feel less anxious too and I hope she’ll be home soon and settling in to a routine at home by the time I go x

@Claire W

That's great news all went well with the op. They'll have her up and about soon enough! When mum had hers done few years ago, she was home in a couple of days when she'd done this, this and this to show she was able to sit down/do stairs etc

@Claire W

That's great news all went well with the op. They'll have her up and about soon enough! When mum had hers done few years ago, she was home in a couple of days when she'd done this, this and this to show she was able to sit down/do stairs etc

Thank you. I’ll just feel better when she’s settling back in at home.

Did your mum have a good recovery? x

Thank you. It’s a relieve that her heart and diabetes didn’t cause any problems during the op.

When she had her pre op, they said between 3-5 days but a lady who had a knee replacement on Wednesday who was in the same bay went home today so I think it depends on the individual and how well they do after surgery

Thank you. I hope I’ll feel less anxious too and I hope she’ll be home soon and settling in to a routine at home by the time I go x
They are really careful with the elderly about when they discharge so she should be kept in until she's ready and they think she's mobile enough to manage at home.

Thank you for the reassurance

How are you doing? x
Quite anxious at the moment. I had a scan this week that suggests I have a heart condition called ARVC. I wasn't expecting this because thought my heart was all blood clot related. Google is definitely not kind on the topic. I've handed in a 24 hour ECG this morning so I guess I have to wait for that. It says on my records that I need more scans but no one has communicated with me. I can see it on my GP notes.

Quite anxious at the moment. I had a scan this week that suggests I have a heart condition called ARVC. I wasn't expecting this because thought my heart was all blood clot related. Google is definitely not kind on the topic. I've handed in a 24 hour ECG this morning so I guess I have to wait for that. It says on my records that I need more scans but no one has communicated with me. I can see it on my GP notes.

Oh gosh, I’m so sorry but just keep in mind that it’s been caught early and heart conditions are treatable.
One thing I’ve learned is not to read on Google as that just makes us more anxious x

Oh gosh, I’m so sorry but just keep in mind that it’s been caught early and heart conditions are treatable.
One thing I’ve learned is not to read on Google as that just makes us more anxious x
Yes, Google is definitely anxiety provoking. You are right there. x

I’ve been told off so many times these past few weeks for researching on Google x
I research pretty much anything and everything. Sometimes it's been very helpful. Other times just causes anxiety. I google pet and human health conditions whenever someone mentions something. It's like a research bug 🤣

Thank you. I’ll just feel better when she’s settling back in at home.

Did your mum have a good recovery? x
Yes, she was fine. Followed all instructions and did her physio. From a helping her perspective I rememeber it not being as bad as I thought but she was younger.

I finally got an appointment through for the lump on my wrist. Fingers crossed its nothing serious.

I'm finding that I'm feeling boxed in again. Too much stuff/too much to do/ too many times I've said I'll do it another day... my own fault. I now have a list, and put manageable things on there and try to do the bits that only take 10 minutes instead of leaving them. My plan was to sort out, ready to move but that all went pear shaped.

Yes, she was fine. Followed all instructions and did her physio. From a helping her perspective I rememeber it not being as bad as I thought but she was younger.

I finally got an appointment through for the lump on my wrist. Fingers crossed its nothing serious.

I'm finding that I'm feeling boxed in again. Too much stuff/too much to do/ too many times I've said I'll do it another day... my own fault. I now have a list, and put manageable things on there and try to do the bits that only take 10 minutes instead of leaving them. My plan was to sort out, ready to move but that all went pear shaped.

Thank you. I guess time will tell when my mum comes home

I am keeping everything crossed that the lump on your wrist is nothing to worry about but I’m sorry things are going sour shaped for you again 😞 I hope things sort themselves out soon x

My mum came home this morning with a zimmer frame and crutches. She’s not got compression stockings which I’m worried about but apparently they do not give them anymore after a hip replacement as it’s thought they do not work as well as what was once thought?

Anyway, she’s gone to bed as she has hardly slept for the past two nights so me and my husband have come home to let her rest. I’ll go back up there tomorrow x

Back