What made you happy today?

So yesterday Amazon were meant to deliver a parcel to me and the delivery slot got later and later, til I finally got a message saying that they couldn't find my address so my delivery instructions must be wrong or incomplete so I had to update them before they could redeliver. I was, erm. Less than impressed. I spoke to customer services and asked what more I was supposed to give and the rep kinda went heavy on the "You're a valued customer and we don't want this to happen to such a valued customer" which felt a little weird, but whatever. They raised a complaint, asked if I minded that the full details were passed on to further the complaint because that means the driver in question might be aware of who made the complaint.

Like whatever, if they couldn't find the address in the first place I doubt I need to worry about reprisals lol.

My scales were just delivered. On time. And I gave them a full 5* couldn't-have-been-better review because these drivers absolutely need good reviews to be able to continue to work.

It's not even like the scales were urgent lol. My favourite vape juice company is closing down and I'm probably going to end up mixing my own juice together, thus the scales. They couldn't even weigh the goblins because they top out at 500g, lol. But gah. Being told my address doesn't exist is rage inducing, try reading the instructions next time! Y'know. If there is one.

It's so frustrating when you get that 'couldn't find your address', we used to get it a lot but we seem to be easier to find now! I saw a van driver pull up on the opposite side of the road once, as I opened the door he looked across and drove away. I later got a message to say he couldn't find us! It was pouring with rain at the time, I suspect he didn't want to get wet.

I mean I don't have an easy address to find but it's not like I've recently moved. If other drivers can manage to follow instructions I'm pretty sure yesterday's could too. I mean my instructions even say if you're lost to contact me. Got zilch yesterday. Today I even got the message to say they were near and could I keep away any pets.

I had those issues with my old address, I always put very clear step by step instructions, said phone if there's a problem (many "missed calls" as they hang up before I get a chance to answer) and also used what three words. Mostly I used a nearby drop off or locker.

I had those issues with my old address, I always put very clear step by step instructions, said phone if there's a problem (many "missed calls" as they hang up before I get a chance to answer) and also used what three words. Mostly I used a nearby drop off or locker.

They've got Google Maps pins for both my address and the entry they need to use, written instructions, and the whole thing starts with "DO NOT DELIVER TO (address) CALL NUMBER IF LOST". Then the instructions and pins.

They used to deliver to an address that was the same house number but that's the only thing it shared withy address, hence the first line. I get the phonecalls frequently and I've no issues with meeting them at the (very much) nearby church because that's much easier to find. But when I get the delivery address incorrect stuff from someone who clearly hasn't bothered to read, I get tetchy. I expect better.

I don't know how the info shows up for them because they're contractors rather than Amazon themselves, but the What3Words doesn't directly translate over. The problem is the access path, because it doesn't look like an access path unless you know that's what it was. It's also right next to an access path for something else, the map pins work better for that reason.

I mean it went well today. Maybe I'm being presumptuous but yesterday's driver was lazy. They had all the info they needed, it's a Them problem.

I don't know how the info shows up for them because they're contractors rather than Amazon themselves, but the What3Words doesn't directly translate over. The problem is the access path, because it doesn't look like an access path unless you know that's what it was. It's also right next to an access path for something else, the map pins work better for that reason.

I mean it went well today. Maybe I'm being presumptuous but yesterday's driver was lazy. They had all the info they needed, it's a Them problem.
Oh ok

I wish I could have What3Words work though. It's just the access. For some reason delivery drivers, whether it's food, groceries, parcels, they seem baffled by an address you can't drive up to and the only access is on foot.

I've had parcels get sent back to a depot in Merseyside because allegedly my address doesn't exist. I had one Royal Mail post almost get returned to sender because my address didn't exist and the sender was almost as unimpressed with this as I was.

99.9% of what I get sent turns up fine. It's just that last .1% that causes a ruckus.

I wish I could have What3Words work though. It's just the access. For some reason delivery drivers, whether it's food, groceries, parcels, they seem baffled by an address you can't drive up to and the only access is on foot.

I've had parcels get sent back to a depot in Merseyside because allegedly my address doesn't exist. I had one Royal Mail post almost get returned to sender because my address didn't exist and the sender was almost as unimpressed with this as I was.

99.9% of what I get sent turns up fine. It's just that last .1% that causes a ruckus.
To be honest a family member and I were sat right next to each other and our phones gave us different three words...

Stripe is really munching today, almost like he used to! He devoured his dill. His poop is healthy. I'm encouraged that he's getting better from the ear infection! We've gotten so close with this illness and meds and support feeding, I feel I have a stronger connection to him than Chez.

We couldn't get a booking at our favourite hotel so we booked the one opposite and have been spending all our time in the favourite. Today the owner told us to move our stuff over and stay in one of their (most expensive) bungalows for free until we leave. Sometimes people amaze me ❤️

We couldn't get a booking at our favourite hotel so we booked the one opposite and have been spending all our time in the favourite. Today the owner told us to move our stuff over and stay in one of their (most expensive) bungalows for free until we leave. Sometimes people amaze me ❤️
Wow. That’s lovely.

I heard a van beeping its horn today while I was in town shopping. Then he started to reverse back down a street and was acting a bit strange. Then the driver jumped out and shouted at a man further down the road. It turns out the driver had seen the man drop his wallet onto the pavement and was trying to alert him.

Awww people can be nice. 👍🏻

How kind 🙂

My mom left me a trust with a trustee in charge and I just called her and asked if I can have $500 dollars for Christmas. She said yes and is going to send it tomorrow! That'll pay 2/3 of Stripe's bill! And my dad usually sends money for Christmas, so maybe I'll break even!

I saw something quite incredible today and thought I might share it. Maybe it will bring you some luck!

Today there was a very rare rainbow in the sky - a circular one.

Mind you, the photo is terrible as it was taken in a moving car, but you can see where the rainbow would be. And I assure you, it was there! Beautiful and colourful. And a perfect circle.

IMG_0837.webp

I saw something quite incredible today and thought I might share it. Maybe it will bring you some luck!

Today there was a very rare rainbow in the sky - a circular one.

Mind you, the photo is terrible as it was taken in a moving car, but you can see where the rainbow would be. And I assure you, it was there! Beautiful and colourful. And a perfect circle.

View attachment 257601
Didn’t know there was such a thing as a circle rainbow. Wow amazing.

Where’s the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow if there’s no end 🤔

There's a water leak in a near by shopping street today causing water to pool in several places as it runs down the road . It is an area with a large pigeon population. I wish I'd had my camera with me, there must have been 30 or more pigeons having a great time splashing around and having a drink, they were so happy with their unexpected bath they made me smile.

There's a water leak in a near by shopping street today causing water to pool in several places as it runs down the road . It is an area with a large pigeon population. I wish I'd had my camera with me, there must have been 30 or more pigeons having a great time splashing around and having a drink, they were so happy with their unexpected bath they made me smile.
I love pigeons! Used to have a boyfriend who raised them as a kid and we would sit and watch them while he explained their behavior to me.

Back