What made you happy today?

I've got the house to myself all weekend, so with the free time I've been baking for the first time in years! Some of them look a bit ropey but they taste good at least! Shame that not one shop round here had chocolate chips but never mind 😂

View attachment 255749View attachment 255750
They look good 😋😋😋😋😋😋

I’m sure that if you had asked them the piggies would have helped with chocolate drops 😅

I’m sorry if you moved it would leave her with him.
I think you could involve your GP and Social services if it meant she was vulnerable to emotional/financial abuse from him.
I hope you get good news from a mortgage advisor ….the situation is better than it was 2 months ago 🤞
For your well-being ( emotional/financial ) I think you need to make this move.
Altho it’s not easy to do

Good advice there.
We talk a lot about child safeguarding but much less so about elder abuse

It's so complicated some times. Families hey. There are changes at work this week (with being new term) and I think everything is just playing on my mind a little bit.

Had a lovely seaside day yesterday though, as lovely to splash in the sea and sit on the beach!

I’m loving my longish hair at the moment. Haven’t had it cut since last December.

Mine is curly and I find it unmanageable when it's short. For me it's weirdly less effort to keep it waist (if I had one!) length.

Having shaved and then grown mine out more than once, I agree. There's a point, after it starts growing out, where there's nothing manageable about it.

I had mine done last in June 2021. Maybe the July, but I think June. It was a good length but full of split ends and thick. I have really fine hair and a lot of it :td:

We visited a freshwater swimming hole and the scenery was amazing! It was the perfect day to go, the water was so clear and blue. I didn't take the time to snap many photos but these two are the best ones.
DSCN0908.webp DSCN0907.webp
As you can see in the second photo, there where Long Finned Eels around. We even saw a freshwater turtle, shrimp and freshwater gobies. As I was trying to take a photo of a goby (which is really hard underwater), I felt the slimy touch of one of the eels as is swam by my foot! 😅

Definitely autumn here.
Weather was lovely and so we went to Kielder Water & Forest.
Did some walking at different points - I think my muscles might complain!

IMG_1380.webp IMG_1385.webp

Tried to find red squirrels but this was the only one we saw

IMG_1383.webp

We did spot some other wild life though

IMG_1395.webp IMG_1386.webp

It was a beautiful evening driving back to the hotel from Corbridge where we’d eaten

IMG_1399.webp Taken from the car

IMG_1404.webp IMG_1403.webp

Home tomorrow then I have a long day to look forward to on Thursday

Back