What made you happy today?

When I was doing dishes I decided to listen to some French music I used to love, Thomas Fersen. French music is funnier and more witty than a lot of Anglo music, so I had a laugh and had a smile on my face for the thirty minutes I was listening.

Reminded me of good times in France when I got in a fight with an elderly Moroccan neighbor who got mad at me for luring a stray cat into the apartment complex so animal control could come and rescue it. When they opened their door the cat ran into their apartment! Boy were they mad at me!

We went to a kid's art session in the park and little one is now wearing his big sisters hand-me-down painty t shirt. Naively I said we would wait until he woke from his nap to leave the park so... Art, picnic, ice cream and lots of playing as he napped for 2.5 hours 🤦‍♀️

IMG20240813103400.webpIMG20240813130736.webp

I’ve been on a couple of mushroom foraging classes. But I’m not brave enough to forage on my own. I’ve only got to get it wrong once.
🍄 ☠️
That’s only wise! Here it’s somewhat of a family tradition, so kids are often included and taught very young. Though half of the time I don’t even know what the mushrooms are called, I just know “good” or “bad” :eek:

The “old Estonians” have also given goofy nicknames to them. “Goat’s snot” is a personal favourite. It’s not a loved mushroom XD

Just got the syllabus for my master's thesis class. I have to write 40 pages of poetry, which is a book length manuscript, cite 40 books that have influenced my writing, choose cover art, write a 7 page author's statement.

I will have to submit work twice a week and read textbooks and revise my work.

If I get an A, I will graduate with a perfect score.

Just got the syllabus for my master's thesis class. I have to write 40 pages of poetry, which is a book length manuscript, cite 40 books that have influenced my writing, choose cover art, write a 7 page author's statement.

That’s a lot of work.
Hope you get that A

Good luck. X

I went to a local wildlife park yesterday with my sister and 2 nephews. We had a wonderful time. Saw lots of animals, had a train ride, ate a picnic and had ice cream.

There were guinea pigs in the children’s farm area. They had very large enclosures, not too many piggies in each and they had an outside area full of grass too. They were soooo chunky 🤣

2ccecc7f-891b-4017-a957-5f5d94041622.webp
bafa1b0b-1e60-4756-8af9-c349bd19eaa3.webp

I've had a lovely day with Son No 1's partner. She says she thinks of me as her MIL and her Mum (whom we have yet to meet) talks about me and my OH as "the in-laws". We also had the news that they will be trying for a baby in the next few weeks. At last I will be a Gran! I'll have to get out the knitting needles!

A cute guy hit on me at work today. He had me walk around the entire fantasy section at the bookstore talking about books. I'm 41 so most single guys are younger. I also know a few phrases in his native language so he said if I ever want to speak it with him I can. But my level is below beginner. It's Bosnian and I took a trip there once.

Only red flag is he seems to like to talk a lot but not listen.

I think white would be better thanks. 👍

OK will knit it in white. Just looked at my yarn stash and what cardi I'm going to knit. It needs 2 balls of wool (I thought it would only take 1 :oops: ) not got 2 balls of white wool only 1. I need to get 2 balls of the same dye lot otherwise the cardi will be 2 slightly different shades. Would you mind subsidising the wool too? It shouldn't be more than £3.00 per ball.

Not a problem, PM me the payment details and I'll send it off. 👍

Back