What made you happy today?

The sun is shining

The piggies are happy

My physio said I could try riding my bike after my back fusion surgery in January. So I went for a bike ride today. It felt good.

My parents came over this afternoon. They hardly ever come over. My mum has dementia so doesn’t go out much anymore. We sat in the garden and she said “I love it here” 😍

6 machine loads of piggie washing dry! I don't know how my OH gets through so much fleece but I can't complain or I won't be able to go away again. I've already booked August.
Are you sure it’s not the piggies, making all the washing? 😀
Well done on getting it all done.

Are you sure it’s not the piggies, making all the washing? 😀
Well done on getting it all done.
The piggies help, he decides it needs changing!
It's only half of it done and I will need to change all the main cage fleece tomorrow. Thank goodness the weather is good for the next few days. Between them they used every pee pad and noodle mat and that's a lot. I worked out if I was unable to wash/dry fleece I have enough for 3 weeks at normal use rate!

This made me happy today: People in my office mentioned my guinea pigs in conversation - and I wasn't even part of the conversation! I overheard them talking about whether my piggies had gotten any of the free tomatoes an officemate was passing around. 😂
Love it.
So did the piggies get any free tomatoes?

Walking down the garden and picking tonight's dinner instead of having to go shopping. Marrow, runner beans, french beans, tomatoes, parsley and oregano. Followed by strawberries and ice cream, okay the ice cream is not home grown and neither is the onion I will use with the veg but almost there!

Walking down the garden and picking tonight's dinner instead of having to go shopping. Marrow, runner beans, french beans, tomatoes, parsley and oregano. Followed by strawberries and ice cream, okay the ice cream is not home grown and neither is the onion I will use with the veg but almost there!
If you whizz a pack of frozen fruit with a large tub of plain yogurt you get instant, home grown ice cream 😁

You can’t beat the flavour of home grown veggies

In the beginning of spring a “wild pigeon” (in Estonia we’d call it “meigas” or “kaelustuvi”) parked itself in the woods behind my house. It’s been very polite and rather shy with me, but apparently terrorised my neighbours quite a bit during nesting time :))

Managed to capture the not-so-little critter today.

IMG_9169.webp

A very talkative birdie. I expect it to leave for warmer lands in the fall, but perhaps it’ll come keep me company again next year:)

In the beginning of spring a “wild pigeon” (in Estonia we’d call it “meigas” or “kaelustuvi”) parked itself in the woods behind my house. It’s been very polite and rather shy with me, but apparently terrorised my neighbours quite a bit during nesting time :))

Managed to capture the not-so-little critter today.

View attachment 254437

A very talkative birdie. I expect it to leave for warmer lands in the fall, but perhaps it’ll come keep me company again next year:)
Lovely photo

Staying with my sister in law this weekend.
After a horrendous journey yesterday which was mainly sitting going nowhere on half the motorways in England, we’ve had a lovely day in the Forest of Dean and Monmouth.

IMG_1296.webp IMG_1306.webp

IMG_1307.webp IMG_1310.webp
IMG_1309.webp

Anyone know what type of mushrooms / fungus these are ?

Attachments

• IMG_1304.webp
    IMG_1304.webp
    141.5 KB · Views: 1
It seems like a kind of bracket fungi, or 'Polypore'. There are so many species of fungi it's hard to know the species.

Back