What made you happy today?

@Ramia
Dorset is a very beautiful County. I was born and brought up there. Much of the County is on chalk ground but covered in grass, there are also areas like Portland and Purbeck with stone quarries which are famous. Much of London is built with Portland stone.
Cool. The PJ Harvey album is called White Chalk. I like British music like Suede, Pulp, Blur etc and love the culture. I've only been to London but it was super friendly. The only show that's really been imported is The Office, which is old now, but at the time I thought it was really funny.

I lived in France for six years and kinda clashed with the French, it was really hard. I still love them but it's like a love/hate kinda thing.

When my pets die I want to go to Belgium, maybe I'll stop by England!

Just paid for my cruise in October. It goes from Southampton down to Portugal and visits La Coruna, Vigo, Lisbon, Barcelona and Cadiz.
Portugal is lovely. It's affordable, too. I took Portuguese in college so went there on spring break when I lived in France.

I cooked today, I made a creamy pasta dish with a tofu chocolate mousse! Both from the vegan cookbook I got but I used real cream instead of vegan because I am not actually a vegan. The dessert was vegan though.

I need to gain five pounds and thought cooking would help as I've just been eating quiche, soy hot dogs, goat cheese sandwiches and not actually cooking.

I cooked today, I made a creamy pasta dish with a tofu chocolate mousse! Both from the vegan cookbook I got but I used real cream instead of vegan because I am not actually a vegan. The dessert was vegan though.

I need to gain five pounds and thought cooking would help as I've just been eating quiche, soy hot dogs, goat cheese sandwiches and not actually cooking.
Chocolate works if you want to gain weight 😁

Home cooking is the best.

I remembered when I used to be a vegan and got a lot of plant based fats, I had curves in all the right places.

Also, my good cholesterol is a little low.

So I started taking a tablespoon of virgin coconut oil with a piece of chocolate every day.

My stomach is getting flatter!

I cooked a vegan Moroccan tajine today with butternut squash, chickpea, dried apricot, onion and green olives. This is the most involved meal I've cooked since my mom died in October.

Previously I had been buying quiche, soy hotdog, tacos or just having a tuna sandwich.

It was my first time cutting a butternut squash.

Sounds yummy 😋
Do you do food parcels ?

If you look we’ve had a couple of favourite recipe threads.
One was during COVID lockdown and one a bit more recently
Sharing your recipe would be very welcome.

The last three times I've gone next door for a drink I've come home with some kind of chicken burger and chips. I need to find out where he's getting these from because they're delicious!
Oooo you have great neighbours Lorcan 😄

Rosie is such a smart little pig!

The girls got some oats today in celebration of rally (Estonians love rally), and while Lily circles the bowl like a goofball trying to get every last piece, Rosie knows to turn the bowl with her teeth!

I don’t know why but I was really impressed by that!

IMG_8642.webp

We’re almost completely packed ready for the move on Monday.
Last working day tomorrow- already feeling a bit emotional about all the goodbyes.
Looking forward to a new adventure
You will be feeling emotional you are moving away from your friends that you've made over the last 5+ years.

This is a new chapter in your life that is going to be exciting.

Good luck
you’ll be too busy to miss everyone at first so have some ideas for ready for when you miss people/things/ surroundings
Of course we’ll all still be here 🥰

I couldnt take part of my graduation due to a acute sick piggie. But. I'm done with school and back to work in a new profession. The new job is a terrible place and I wont stay for long but right now I'm in it for the experience and happy that my mind is set on more school. Thats a big change in me I'm very happy for.

And I'm ofc really happy my little Joe is a stubborn a-hole and a true fighter! View attachment 251718
Congratulations on the graduation and the new job 👌

We’re almost completely packed ready for the move on Monday.
Last working day tomorrow- already feeling a bit emotional about all the goodbyes.
Looking forward to a new adventure
I can imagine that, saying goodbye to people and places where you've been happy is a wrench. But like our rainbow piggies, they'll always be with you in your memories of the love and the good times 💞
It's nice that you're already settled in your "new" home too. Best wishes for the move on Monday - I hope it goes smoothly! 🚛🚛🏡

Back