What made you happy today?

I put my clothes in the caravan tonight and put the fridge on which means I'm out in it tomorrow (will finish loading it tomorrow). We are going for a couple of nights at Home Farm in Puncknowle (Punnel) as we are helping friends celebrate 50 years of marriage.
Have a lovely time

I put my clothes in the caravan tonight and put the fridge on which means I'm out in it tomorrow (will finish loading it tomorrow). We are going for a couple of nights at Home Farm in Puncknowle (Punnel) as we are helping friends celebrate 50 years of marriage.
Enjoy your trip!

You able to make it @Qualcast&Flymo? It would be great to see you again!
Thank you @Betsy , it's kind of you to say so ☺️
I was thinking, it's a long way and family responsibilities and all that jazz...But my son has finished college for now and it's a weekend; then my husband wondered what I was thinking about and said why not, we could make a little trip of it? We could travel down after work on Friday, find somewhere nice and localish to stay, and afterwards stay over Saturday too and go and annoy his oldest mate who is a vicar about 30 minutes away on Sunday morning.

We need to look a bit more into it, make sure nothing else is likely to come up for him on the Saturday, but watch this space... Any recommendations for nice places to stay in the Salisbury area, country pubs with accommodation, small hotels etc?

After a while of no reading (wanting to but not being able to - couldn't settle to anything), I started a book yesterday, am enjoying it and am looking forward to continuing.
That has made me happy.
What are you reading?

I think there’s still a book recommendation thread somewhere. If it’s a good book post the title and author there too.

What are you reading?

I think there’s still a book recommendation thread somewhere. If it’s a good book post the title and author there too.
Love blossoms at Puddleduck Farm by Della Galton

It's the third in the series.
The main character is a vet based in the New Forest, another of the main characters has guinea pigs and, as to my knowledge, all the info has been correct so far, not just with guinea pigs but the other animals mentioned too.

I'll see if I can find the book thread, I'd love some suggestions.

Love blossoms at Puddleduck Farm by Della Galton

It's the third in the series.
The main character is a vet based in the New Forest, another of the main characters has guinea pigs and, as to my knowledge, all the info has been correct so far, not just with guinea pigs but the other animals mentioned too.

I'll see if I can find the book thread, I'd love some suggestions.
It’s in the General Chat section and the thread is called Book Recommendations and Reviews.
It’s probably a good time to restart it.

View attachment 251646

The cakes turned out well.
Some will be put in freezer ready for the removal men next week and my husband will eat the rest.
Now I can pack my baking tins and stuff.
😋😋 lucky removal men! I hope they look after you and your stuff too on your long removal day!

We went swimming at the waterfalls. It was really nice, I took a few photos but this is the only one that turned out (somewhat) good. I'm pretty sure it's a Sooty Grunter.
View attachment 251629
I don't know why the photo is so green. 🫤
Your tint was just wrong. It was more on the green side than the magenta, a very easy thing to fix 🥰

248543-0eda4a0f6a1e181c381d8ee46e6a2c98-2.jpg

Betsy, you're from Dorset? One of my favorite PJ Harvey songs:

Dorset slips beneath the sea, where I walked out unborn child in me...
-White Chalk

I'm a huge fan of British music.
I live in Dorset now and have done for the last 4 and a half years. I was born and raised in Hampshire.

I couldnt take part of my graduation due to a acute sick piggie. But. I'm done with school and back to work in a new profession. The new job is a terrible place and I wont stay for long but right now I'm in it for the experience and happy that my mind is set on more school. Thats a big change in me I'm very happy for.

And I'm ofc really happy my little Joe is a stubborn a-hole and a true fighter! IMG_20220509_121517~2.webp

Back