What made you happy today?

Got a bit of a fright today recieving 2 letters from the NHS, after my dodgy smear I was expecting the worst! But turns out one was my results, which were negative šŸ„³

The other one was finally confirmation of my referral to the pain clinic at another hospital, finally moving forward to getting rid of my back pain! So all in all, turned out to be a good thing šŸ¤£ panic over.

I had (a) drink with my neighbour and just as I was leaving, already inebriated and with yet another of her glasses, her partner turned up with food and asked if I wanted a chicken sandwich. I don't know if it's the drink but I said yes and it was delicious. Spicy mayo or spicy chicken I dunno, but tasty.

Then I felt excitement at floating before I realised the light switch is at a different height because my boots add an inch to my own height lmao. The joys of being short!

My clothes are now 90% sorted. I've doubled up things on clothes hangers in my wardrobe and actually created space. Which did surprise me! I think I still have far too many clothes but then I have clothes for every season squashed in there!
Excellent. Glad youā€™ve had a sort out. I really need to go through my wardrobe but I really hate throwing clothes away. I always think I might need it in the future. I also hate clothes shopping.

I walked round the block this evening, the first time out for 2 weeks! Progress is slow but my back is improving, I shall try to go a little bit further everyday now I'm getting better.
Thatā€™s wonderful news ā€¦. Well done you ā¤ļø
You must be very proud of yourself šŸ„°

Early in the morning, we went to the beach for a breakfast picnic.
The scenery was just pristine beauty! We enjoyed walking along the shoreline, searching for shells, when I found a sand dollar. This was the highlight of the day - I've wanted to find one for a long time.
We also found bits of sea urchin shell, coral and a few barnacles.
IMG_20240623_104557.webp

Never heard of a sand dollar. What is it and is it small or is that just the photo that gives the impression of it being so? @Zorro1

Pleased you enjoyed your walk. Sometimes it's nice to get up early and go for a walk.

Sand dollars are similar to sea urchins and star fish. When they die, they leave a calcium carbonate shell. There are are least 250 species of sand dollar, some get as big as 6 inches diameter and others may get to two inches diameter. Here is what they look like alive.
1719122275804.png 1719122336828.png
They live in groups on the ocean floor and sand up in the sand (like in the left picture). This way, they can filter feed from the water column. Tiny hairs called Cilia pass the food particles along it's body to it's mouth which is located in the center.

Back