What made you happy today?

Thanks! Yeah, it's a little frustrating not to be able to do anything to immediately get rid of it but now I know I can't make it much worse with anything I can go back to my friend who does sports massage therapy, maybe try some sort of back support while I'm running and maybe change my mattress to something orthopaedic.

But no, no other suggestions just yet, they're meeting with the surgery team next week I think she said and she will give me a call in 2-3 weeks time. She mentioned probably doing bloodwork to see if there's any inflammation anywhere but nothing solid.
I'm pleased that they are still looking for ways to help. Good that you are still able to run too.

Shout out for our local pizza place.

Baby Poggle is at Gran & Grandad's tonight and I have been skimming a bit off our weekly food shop budget for over a month so that me and my husband can share a pizza and a few beers tonight. But... the wrong pizza arrived. We phoned up, and in that conversation realised that they had delivered exactly what we'd ordered; I'd clicked the wrong option for my half.

We're currently waiting for... the fresh pizza they're sending out to replace the one I got wrong.

I'm not sure why they offered it (we were reasonably regular customers before maybe, or maybe he heard my very genuinely upset "oh no..." in the background as I triple checked the order and realised it was 100% my fault), but that act of kindness was incredibly impactful. Weeks of anticipation didn't go to waste thanks to my brain and I'm so grateful (and definitely not sat crying about pizza).

This was actually yesterday.Ive booked a visit to the shakespaw cat cafe in Stratford upon Avon for the 11th of this month.Its my good friends birthday that day and all he knows is we're going to Stratford upon Avon,I added in a little birthday package too which includes a card,a tote bag,a keyring and a slice of cake..Its also mother's day on the 10th so mums coming along too for tea and cake.I'm looking forward to it,looks like a really cute and quirky cafe with some beautiful cats.Also never been to Stratford upon Avon before so it'll be nice to look round after.

This was actually yesterday.Ive booked a visit to the shakespaw cat cafe in Stratford upon Avon for the 11th of this month.Its my good friends birthday that day and all he knows is we're going to Stratford upon Avon,I added in a little birthday package too which includes a card,a tote bag,a keyring and a slice of cake..Its also mother's day on the 10th so mums coming along too for tea and cake.I'm looking forward to it,looks like a really cute and quirky cafe with some beautiful cats.Also never been to Stratford upon Avon before so it'll be nice to look round after.
Sounds lovely Gemma and just the boost you need after your difficult time recently. Stratford Upon Avon is lovely.

Just got my tyre changed by a great RAC guy after hitting a pothole !
Thank goodness there are great people to help in a crisis 🥰
( I had a spare wheel no Jack, no tools etc and not sure I’m strong enough to change a wheel anyway !)

Life has been full of ups and downs lately, And I’m missing many things from my past, things I can no longer easily do or parts of myself I seem to have lost. But everything is okay really.
I’ve been worrying about my Mare, my best friend Lucy whom I’ve had for 15 years, she’s 22 now and I feel she’s starting to get old, she seems a lot stiffer in her bones than before. But mostly the hard rocky summer ground is what she’s struggling with at the moment, it’s been a Looooonnng time since it rained. She’s now wearing some ‘Scoot Boots’ that has massively helped her cope with the terrain and she’s walking great again! Woohoo!
But anywho, what’s making me happy is that I’ve started to take Lucy out on little evening walks to get her fitness and mobility back, I can’t have her get old before she’s ready.
So what is making me happy each day is our little stroll up the road, spending that little bit of time with her one-on-one like the good old days is just what Lucy and I need right now.
I love ALL my horses so much, and wouldn’t change them for the world!
But Lucy will always be number one and I do sometimes miss life when it was just me and Lucy.
IMG_4412.webp

Life has been full of ups and downs lately, And I’m missing many things from my past, things I can no longer easily do or parts of myself I seem to have lost. But everything is okay really.
I’ve been worrying about my Mare, my best friend Lucy whom I’ve had for 15 years, she’s 22 now and I feel she’s starting to get old, she seems a lot stiffer in her bones than before. But mostly the hard rocky summer ground is what she’s struggling with at the moment, it’s been a Looooonnng time since it rained. She’s now wearing some ‘Scoot Boots’ that has massively helped her cope with the terrain and she’s walking great again! Woohoo!
But anywho, what’s making me happy is that I’ve started to take Lucy out on little evening walks to get her fitness and mobility back, I can’t have her get old before she’s ready.
So what is making me happy each day is our little stroll up the road, spending that little bit of time with her one-on-one like the good old days is just what Lucy and I need right now.
I love ALL my horses so much, and wouldn’t change them for the world!
But Lucy will always be number one and I do sometimes miss life when it was just me and Lucy.
View attachment 243284
Gorgeous Lucy. 😍

My daughter and son came to tea today for Mother’s Day as logistics didn’t work out for Sunday.

I got such wonderful, thoughtful gifts.

Sambucca 😍
Mint chocolate 😍
A cook book from Pepper and Pebble 😍
And a puzzle of Chester 😍😍😍❤️❤️❤️

Also they hadn’t put their partners names in my cards. I gave them a pen and told them to add their partners names as they are my children too now as they both moved in with them this year.

Now I have 4 children 👧 👦👧👦 not 2 😍
IMG_4151.webp

I'm not so keen on grey goose it's got a bit of an aftertaste. I'd still drink it though! We'd get you on the sambucca, the black antica is the best one. Do you remember army and navy sweets? That's what it tastes like.

My daughter and son came to tea today for Mother’s Day as logistics didn’t work out for Sunday.

I got such wonderful, thoughtful gifts.

Sambucca 😍
Mint chocolate 😍
A cook book from Pepper and Pebble 😍
And a puzzle of Chester 😍😍😍❤️❤️❤️

Also they hadn’t put their partners names in my cards. I gave them a pen and told them to add their partners names as they are my children too now as they both moved in with them this year.

Now I have 4 children 👧 👦👧👦 not 2 😍
View attachment 243303
How lovely x

@fluffysal, I've never had sambucca. I have a new bottle of Grey Goose Vodka in the cupboard though. Its not far from Suffolk to Dorset is it? Well its around a 4 hour drive, I call that not far when the Vodka's calling.....:dri::dri:
Haven't had sambuca in a while but it's quite nice.

I'm not so keen on grey goose it's got a bit of an aftertaste. I'd still drink it though! We'd get you on the sambucca, the black antica is the best one. Do you remember army and navy sweets? That's what it tastes like.
I agree vodka or gin not bothered. Sambucca is delish 😋

Back