What made you happy today?

Spider plant repotted successfully. Taken it down a pot size as the root ball wasn't even touching 1/3 of the other pot so should be nice and snug now. Roots were lovely and white, seemed healthy enough but the soil was sodden all the way through so definitely overwatered. Have put it back in its usual spot and will leave it a few days to recover. Hopefully it bounces back!

recently started extremely strong antibiotics as a first step towards getting rid of SIBO which I was recently diagnosed of. I was extremely nervous because I heard horror stories of people getting extreme side effects on this medication but I'm on day 3 and so far so good! I don't want to jinx anything but I'm so so thankful for how great I've been feeling lately.:D

recently started extremely strong antibiotics as a first step towards getting rid of SIBO which I was recently diagnosed of. I was extremely nervous because I heard horror stories of people getting extreme side effects on this medication but I'm on day 3 and so far so good! I don't want to jinx anything but I'm so so thankful for how great I've been feeling lately.:D
Good luck with your treatment.

I got a phone call this morning to say the results of my xrays and MRI are back with the pain clinic and I was given their earliest available appointment on the 1st of March. Slightly concerned how quickly everything's happening, I'm trying not to assume the speed means they've found something not so great..

I also got a call just as I arrived at the vet from one of the local mental health services I was assessed by last week.. my case was put to a board of therapists to see if anyone could help with my PTSD and one wants to assess me themselves which, isn't a promise of help but its a step in the right direction at least 🤷‍♀️ but they're apparently more experienced in trauma than the lady I've been speaking to so far so fingers crossed.

Hope the treatment continues to go well

I got a phone call this morning to say the results of my xrays and MRI are back with the pain clinic and I was given their earliest available appointment on the 1st of March. Slightly concerned how quickly everything's happening, I'm trying not to assume the speed means they've found something not so great..

I also got a call just as I arrived at the vet from one of the local mental health services I was assessed by last week.. my case was put to a board of therapists to see if anyone could help with my PTSD and one wants to assess me themselves which, isn't a promise of help but its a step in the right direction at least 🤷‍♀️ but they're apparently more experienced in trauma than the lady I've been speaking to so far so fingers crossed.
This all sounds good.

1. Sunshine!
2. Decluttering - lots more to do but good start made
3. Small signs of new growth on some fuchsia in the garden
4. Enjoying my twisty plate... exercise to follow in March!
5. Buds on Easter cactus & spider plant looks ok... just not sure when I should water it!

I dont need surgery 🥳 I have a weird disc and a hemangioma in one of my vertebrae but i don't have to worry about finding someone else to care for the piggies while I recover from any sort of surgery!

Shes sending the results off to the surgical team anyway, to see if they want to do any further testing but it's likely I'll stay under the pain clinic and maybe have more physiotherapy to keep on top of the pain.

She seemed pretty amused that I wanted a picture 🤣

20240301_120502.webp

I dont need surgery 🥳 I have a weird disc and a hemangioma in one of my vertebrae but i don't have to worry about finding someone else to care for the piggies while I recover from any sort of surgery!

Shes sending the results off to the surgical team anyway, to see if they want to do any further testing but it's likely I'll stay under the pain clinic and maybe have more physiotherapy to keep on top of the pain.

She seemed pretty amused that I wanted a picture 🤣

View attachment 242855
That's great that you don't need surgery but it's also difficult to know there isn't much you can do for the pain - I'm in a similar situation. I hope the physio is helping. Does the pain clinic have any other suggestions?

That’s great news no surgery is needed. I hope you can be pain free as constant pain is so draining. Good luck.

That's great that you don't need surgery but it's also difficult to know there isn't much you can do for the pain - I'm in a similar situation. I hope the physio is helping. Does the pain clinic have any other suggestions?

Thanks! Yeah, it's a little frustrating not to be able to do anything to immediately get rid of it but now I know I can't make it much worse with anything I can go back to my friend who does sports massage therapy, maybe try some sort of back support while I'm running and maybe change my mattress to something orthopaedic.

But no, no other suggestions just yet, they're meeting with the surgery team next week I think she said and she will give me a call in 2-3 weeks time. She mentioned probably doing bloodwork to see if there's any inflammation anywhere but nothing solid.

It seems that everybody is looking after you ❤️
I’m glad you don’t need surgery

Back