What made you happy today?

The quote's come in now for getting the door and windows replaced. I kinda winced when I heard it but apparently it's a reasonable amount, they said the guy's not the best out there but as long as he does what's needed, does it matter? So close. So SO close.

I've been struggling with my back for a long time, a few weeks ago I saw yet another physiotherapist who tried to tell me my legs giving way was just normal aging, but who agreed to refer me back to my local physiotherapy team but the next tier up.

Well, I recieved a letter today confirming an appointment at the end of the month with the hospital in the next town over, at the pain clinic. I assume someone somewhere with some common sense referred me to somewhere more appropriate, I'm really hoping as it's at the hospital they'll actually xray the damn thing while I'm there. My dad was days away from being wheelchair bound at my age, after his legs began giving way..but no one seems to want to take me seriously. Fingers crossed this is finally someone listening and acting on things!

I normally listen to music when cleaning the piggies' houses. I have been listening to Earth, Wind, and Fire and ABBA a lot lately. Apparently, my old lady foster piggies have realized this and started popcorning around their house when they heard the music starting! It was really cute and it is nice to see that they are so excited for their home to get swept out daily.

I've been struggling with my back for a long time, a few weeks ago I saw yet another physiotherapist who tried to tell me my legs giving way was just normal aging, but who agreed to refer me back to my local physiotherapy team but the next tier up.

Well, I recieved a letter today confirming an appointment at the end of the month with the hospital in the next town over, at the pain clinic. I assume someone somewhere with some common sense referred me to somewhere more appropriate, I'm really hoping as it's at the hospital they'll actually xray the damn thing while I'm there. My dad was days away from being wheelchair bound at my age, after his legs began giving way..but no one seems to want to take me seriously. Fingers crossed this is finally someone listening and acting on things!

I really hope you get the treatment you need. Long term back pain is very wearing. It can really get you down. It took my doctors a year to even X-ray my back. They found a major defect and I’m having spinal fusion surgery on Tuesday. Do you run? I also used to run. It doesn’t help a bad back. Rest up until you know what the problem is. Good luck.

I had a lay in! Well... 7.15am, but I very rarely get to sleep in until my emergency alarm, so I'll take it.

Baby Poggle then woke up before he had to be woken up and has been singing and babbling to himself in the cot for over 40mins. I'm now on my second cup of tea - if he's happy amusing himself, I'll take that too!

I really hope you get the treatment you need. Long term back pain is very wearing. It can really get you down. It took my doctors a year to even X-ray my back. They found a major defect and I’m having spinal fusion surgery on Tuesday. Do you run? I also used to run. It doesn’t help a bad back. Rest up until you know what the problem is. Good luck.

Thankyou! Yes I run, although not so much now, it's too painful. It's been over 4 years since i first injured it, but it feels different the last year which worries me, I was talking to my Dad at Christmas about his spinal fusion and he was saying his was the same, they found he had bones missing! Ended up taking some of his pelvis to repair and fuse it which doesn't sound fun tbh. They keep on telling me back issues aren't hereditary though so, who knows 😬

All the best for your surgery, I hope it fixes your pain!

Thankyou! Yes I run, although not so much now, it's too painful. It's been over 4 years since i first injured it, but it feels different the last year which worries me, I was talking to my Dad at Christmas about his spinal fusion and he was saying his was the same, they found he had bones missing! Ended up taking some of his pelvis to repair and fuse it which doesn't sound fun tbh. They keep on telling me back issues aren't hereditary though so, who knows 😬

All the best for your surgery, I hope it fixes your pain!

I have bones missing too! They should definitely scan you. Bones missing could be hereditary.

I have bones missing too! They should definitely scan you. Bones missing could be hereditary.

Oh wow! I hope your recovery is quick, apparently it was quite rough on my dad, but that was 40 years ago and he was cut from one side to the other, I'm sure these days from what I read it's pretty much key hole surgery isn't it? Far more advanced at least anyway.
I'm not sure what I'm hoping for to be honest, if nothing shows up, I dont really know what to do to manage my pain, but if they do find something, there's over 30 animals here that require a lot of daily care 😬 I suppose I should try not to worry about it until we get there.

More I’m sure. They can do minimally invasive or open. We will see which they opt for on the day.

It's a very nasty, cold day today with the temperature at -3 F/-19 C with wind chill at -26 F/ -32. 🥶 So to make things better, I decided to make some bread and the house smells heavenly! 😍 I made two loves: one is a plain white bread and the other is a cinnamon swirl bread.

It's a very nasty, cold day today with the temperature at -3 F/-19 C with wind chill at -26 F/ -32. 🥶 So to make things better, I decided to make some bread and the house smells heavenly! 😍 I made two loves: one is a plain white bread and the other is a cinnamon swirl bread.
Food parcels welcome 😋😋😋😋😋

:drool::drool::drool: What's the recipe?
So glad you enjoyed the sample! :)) I used a recipe from RoseRed Homestead (hopefully the youtube link works!):

Basic White Bread Recipe
cups flour2 TBS Yeast3 TBS Sugar2 ½ cups warm water (85-90°F)1 ½ tsp salt3 TBS oilGrease two 5"x9" loaf pans. Mix 5 cups of flour, yeast and sugar in mixing bowl thensprinkle salt on top and gently mix. Add and oil. Stir with wooden spoon until liquid isabsorbed, adding additional flour if needed until soft dough consistency is achieved. Kneaddough until gluten is developed. Follow process shown in video. Place dough in oiled bowland allow to rise until nearly double. Remove dough from bowl and de-gas on counter.Divide into 2 parts and shape into loaves and proof. Bake in 375°F preheated oven for about40 minutes.

To make it a cinnamon swirl bread before the final proof, I roll out the dough. I then cover it with butter on one side and sprinkle a mix of cinnamon and brown sugar or regular white granulated sugar. Roll it up tightly and place into the pan to proof. Bake as recipe says.

Edit: Well the link doesn't work, so I removed it.

After lots of discussions with Miss Bramble (@Betsy) and the GPU bosses its finally happened ….

We have permission for a Boars Only Space on the Forum where Miss Bramble is banned, as her mum Misty, is trying to keep her “good”.

Mummy Misty has said she may have to check in from time to time to ogle 👀 ummm I mean keep an eye on things.

So come on people (@fluffysal) this is now a safe space to post pictures and anything else about our gorgeous boars.

So if you’ve got any pictures of your boars in delicate positions send them in.

Neutered boars are welcome too.

View attachment 239547
View attachment 239548

No one will be going on the naughty list FOREVER for posting here.
❤️😁😂😍😊🍑

Back