Show your crafts (WIP or finished)

Not sure this counts as WIP. I sorted out my fabric stash last night in a bid to hold myself accountable and make some sewing plans for 2023. My goal is to shop my stash and diminish this by a fair chunk. Some of the woven fabrics are for specific projects which are being left til either late this year or next year

Attachments

• IMG20230101210046.webp
    IMG20230101210046.webp
    80.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG20230101210531.webp
    IMG20230101210531.webp
    91.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG20230101211012.webp
    IMG20230101211012.webp
    75.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG20230101211235.webp
    IMG20230101211235.webp
    103.3 KB · Views: 8
Not sure this counts as WIP. I sorted out my fabric stash last night in a bid to hold myself accountable and make some sewing plans for 2023. My goal is to shop my stash and diminish this by a fair chunk. Some of the woven fabrics are for specific projects which are being left til either late this year or next year
Ooh there are some lovely fabrics in there! If only shops would stop selling fabric it would make it so much easier to use up what we have!
I love going to my quilting class but it takes a lot to not look in the shop!

Ooh there are some lovely fabrics in there! If only shops would stop selling fabric it would make it so much easier to use up what we have!
I love going to my quilting class but it takes a lot to not look in the shop!
Some were impulse shop purchases but my downfall is personal destash groups on Facebook. Especially where people have reduced them just to get rid, I always think it's best to have a practice run on cheap but good quality fabric 😂

During my christmas holiday I had planned to work on my needle felting skills. But while I was sitting home alone with covid I didn't trust myself to work with the needle. And then the remaining time flew by.
But today I tried this little mouse. :wub:
I know that I still have a long way to go, but I'm pleased because it's the first time I started doing an animal and ended up with the same animal. :cool:
20230107_175523.webp
20230107_175511.webp

During my christmas holiday I had planned to work on my needle felting skills. But while I was sitting home alone with covid I didn't trust myself to work with the needle. And then the remaining time flew by.
I know that I still have a long way to go, but I'm pleased because it's the first time I started doing an animal and ended up with the same animal. :cool:
View attachment 217647
View attachment 217648
So cute! 😍😍

View attachment 217647
View attachment 217648
Love it. 🐭

The pigwigs are getting new fleece sets!

Ordering new liners and accessories made my bank account scream, instead I went out and found all my supplies for €10!:yahoo:

This is my first time properly sewing, but they’re coming along nicely! It will take a while for everything to be done as I’m doing it all by hand. My fingers are burning :))

EC932E6B-E226-4606-9EC5-C04530BC6459.webp

Cute baby pink because they’re such princesses.

The pigwigs are getting new fleece sets!

Ordering new liners and accessories made my bank account scream, instead I went out and found all my supplies for €10!:yahoo:

This is my first time properly sewing, but they’re coming along nicely! It will take a while for everything to be done as I’m doing it all by hand. My fingers are burning :))

View attachment 217663

Cute baby pink because they’re such princesses.
How did you get 8n, love the fleece 😍

My youngest daughter has an ever increasing collection of cacti and succulents.
We call it her plant orphanage because she is compelled to buy any cacti or succulents that have been reduced. She worries that they will end up being thrown out.
She has so many we bought a super cheap tv stand for her to put them on, and to brighten it up (and protect the flimsy surfaces)IMG_0453.webpIMG_0455.webp I made fabric table runners for the shelves.

It's fantastic, and my daughter and I are huge fans of the Wednesday series.
Did you make the pattern up yourself?
I’m glad there are fellow fans here! The series was so much fun!

I hope it’s okay to post the link, I roughly followed the neckline and armhole guide in this video:

I adjusted the size of the pattern, added sleeves, and used linked double crochet with a bigger hook so it would still be soft, but not too stretchy or see-through!

We call it her plant orphanage because she is compelled to buy any cacti or succulents that have been reduced. She worries that they will end up being thrown out.
She has so many we bought a super cheap tv stand for her to put them on, and to brighten it up (and protect the flimsy surfaces)View attachment 218238View attachment 218239 I made fabric table runners for the shelves.
She has so many we bought a super cheap tv stand for her to put them on, and to brighten it up (and protect the flimsy surfaces)View attachment 218238View attachment 218239 I made fabric table runners for the shelves.
I collect them too, all these have been put on the reduced shelf. I like to plant three or four together in large pots

Attachments

• E8D03468-2676-4783-B1B2-90E828D45B67.webp
    E8D03468-2676-4783-B1B2-90E828D45B67.webp
    109.6 KB · Views: 6
  • BC7093DA-E914-49F5-966E-1DE3E74E2B84.webp
    BC7093DA-E914-49F5-966E-1DE3E74E2B84.webp
    82 KB · Views: 6
  • DE174627-680D-46C1-9D05-E24927967708.webp
    DE174627-680D-46C1-9D05-E24927967708.webp
    66.6 KB · Views: 6
I collect them too, all these have been put on the reduced shelf. I like to plant three or four together in large pots
I love the way you group them together, and am so happy my daughter is not the only one to collect the unwanted ones.
How do you decide which ones to group together?
Is there a science behind it or do you just pop them in and hope for the best?
I worry because I am a bit clueless with plants in general and my daughter is so invested in them, but then disappears off to school for 6 weeks at a time so I am left in charge.

I’m glad there are fellow fans here! The series was so much fun!

I hope it’s okay to post the link, I roughly followed the neckline and armhole guide in this video:

I adjusted the size of the pattern, added sleeves, and used linked double crochet with a bigger hook so it would still be soft, but not too stretchy or see-through!
Thank you for the link - it's fantastic.
We are the hugest fans of the series so I am glad you liked it too.

I love the way you group them together, and am so happy my daughter is not the only one to collect the unwanted ones.
I worry because I am a bit clueless with plants in general and my daughter is so invested in them, but then disappears off to school for 6 weeks at a time so I am left in charge.
We have got a place for the waste bins in my appartement block. And sometimes people put plants they don't want any more there.
My appartement is full off plants someone else didn't want any more ... so, no, your daughter isn't the only one to rescue plants. ;)

I tend to go by the shape and have as many different ones together as possible.about 3-4 in a 9” x 5” pot. The key to them surviving is good drainage and only watering when the gritty soil has become dry. I have over the years had lots of failures with overwatering, they tend to do better with neglect. They all get a shower outside in the rain once or twice a year to keep them looking dust free and that’s about it (I check the weather forecast for a showery day in spring and late September) if not then a shower in the bath will do
I have around five different pots, my favourite is the stone plants. My eldest granddaughter collects them too 😊

Ha, I made the sleeping bags way too small!

Looks like I'll have to make new ones. Or maybe I'll put these honkers on a diet finally 👀 :))

View attachment 218541View attachment 218542
Oh they look lovely, it’s hard finding the right size, you always have to add about two inches all the way around to get the size you want. Utube has some videos and tells you sizes which can be a great help, you always need to cut more in size than you think

So I hadn't done anything craft related for months because who knew a busted fingertip could cause so much havoc? I'm still in awe at myself over that one. But, either way.

These are still all pre-cut threads. My plan is to make the rest of them as I've been doing and once that's over, I'm going to start cutting the threads longer, probably double at first. Then I can add a simple 4 strand plait to the ends to make them easier to tie on.

Edit: helps if I add the image too, lol. Whups.

HcXv48v.webp

Back