Show your crafts (WIP or finished)

I don't have any recipes, but I know aquafaba is a good substitute for eggs and it can whip up pretty good. I was watching one of my favorite youtubers and she was showing all recipes that she was using chickpea aquafaba.
I’ve used the water from chick peas as an egg white replacement once. I was making meringues. Plain sugar!

I’ve used the water from chick peas as an egg white replacement once. I was making meringues. Plain sugar!
She used the aquafaba for mayonnaise, muffins, and a gluten free bread. So fascinating that someone figured that bean juice is useful!

Edit: I will look through my recipes if I have any good cake or bread recipes that you can use for your son.

Stunning - particularly for a first attempt.
Today I bought the last few pieces of fabric for my next quilt project.
It really is addictive and I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
Thank you, we were told in class today they are going to run an intermediate next, tempting but I'm not sure if I'm ready.

I don't have any recipes, but I know aquafaba is a good substitute for eggs and it can whip up pretty good. I was watching one of my favorite youtubers and she was showing all recipes that she was using chickpea aquafaba.
This loaf is flour (a mix of 50% wholemeal and 50% white), salt and water - that's it. No dairy and no eggs.
Even one of my friends who has gluten issues can eat sour dough bread.
I love the simplicity and the very simple ingredient list.
It keeps for 5 - 7 days at room temperature in a zip loc bag, and it's pretty much the only bread we eat these days.
My BIL batch bakes 3-4 loaves once a month and freezes the extra, and apparently they defrost just fine.

Full instructions here:

I always bake in a dutch oven (casserole pot):

My BIL sent me some of his starter, but I have also made my own in the past and it's super simple:

Looks yum!

Do any of you know any nice bread and cake recipes that are dairy, (soya) and egg free? I’ll have to make my sons birthday cakes going forward and want to find a nice recipe.
Not sure if you know already….
Malt loaf is vegan(dairy & egg free)

Also a block of Stork(looks like a block of butter) is dairy free, but the Stork in a tub like margarine is not! Can be found near butter in the supermarket.

I have a cupcake recipe… 03B3E85D-8B2D-4164-BD4C-8F6E9BD3D621.webp
This was passed on to me, at least 3people I know have made it successfully without any problems.

I've been boxing up homage soaps today. Its only my second time making cold process soap and they set very fast but they seem fine. They're honey and oatmeal soaps scent free and colour free. (The top is a melt and pour soap base colored with tumeric). All that's left to do now is order stickers for them.

20220508_130823.webp20220508_130913.webp20220508_130907.webp

Looks yum!

Do any of you know any nice bread and cake recipes that are dairy, (soya) and egg free? I’ll have to make my sons birthday cakes going forward and want to find a nice recipe.
Check out BBC Good Food.
They have a couple of lovely looking vegan cakes, a lemon one and a chocolate one.
I’m trying the lemon one, and possibly the chocolate one too, next weekend

Check out BBC Good Food.
They have a couple of lovely looking vegan cakes, a lemon one and a chocolate one.
I’m trying the lemon one, and possibly the chocolate one too, next weekend
Ooh the lemon sounds nice. We’re not particularly fans of cake. I want to find a gingerbread biscuit recipe my niece used at Christmas.

These are great.
Thank you! I'm glad you like them. 🙂 BTW I like your avatar. Is it inspired by the LOL doll range? My daughter used to really like them and had some hamster thing, a bit like that.

Thank you! I'm glad you like them. 🙂 BTW I like your avatar. Is it inspired by the LOL doll range? My daughter used to really like them and had some hamster thing, a bit like that.
I think its meant to be like the lol dolls. It was a picture in a guinea pig colouring book. 🙈(it's clearly hamster) but I love it.

Back