Show your crafts (WIP or finished)

It is fairly easy. Start small and work your way up 🙃
The trouble is when it comes to knitting and crochet I am completely useless, I have been shown several times and people just give up in the end exasperated. I still cannot cast on or cast off, I just don’t get it at all 🙄

The trouble is when it comes to knitting and crochet I am completely useless, I have been shown several times and people just give up in the end exasperated. I still cannot cast on or cast off, I just don’t get it at all 🙄
What is it you don’t understand? Is it the repeated method? And are you a visual learner or prefer to read, or both? You need someone to watch how you do it. Crochet is possibly easier…but I haven’t done it in a long time now!

What is it you don’t understand? Is it the repeated method? And are you a visual learner or prefer to read, or both? You need someone to watch how you do it. Crochet is possibly easier…but I haven’t done it in a long time now!
Well I always thought I was a visual learner but I have not faired well watching other people and been shown. Perhaps I need to find the time to try a different method. I can knit once all the stitches are on and keep going but as soon as I drop a stitch I’m lost and clueless. I think I need to find a knitting club or a really easy book or magazine?

I’m the same as you @Bill & Ted .
Despite several friends trying to teach me the needles always win.
You can sew and make theses beautiful fleecy things for piggies.
I can cook. If I see something interesting in a shop, I can recreate it just from reading the list of ingredients and I love preparing food for friends.

We all have different gifts and all are to be celebrated

my first go at a snuggle pouch! unfortunately i bought wadding too thick so now my girls really have to squish into it to get in and its not big enough for the both of them without the worry of arguing!🤦🏼‍♀️🤣 was enjoyable making it though, currently on hold from a wrist injury meaning i can’t use the machine!🤦🏼‍♀️😢

Attachments

• 3034205E-CE05-464F-8F8D-C67EEDFEB45B.webp
    3034205E-CE05-464F-8F8D-C67EEDFEB45B.webp
    53.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 0C89021D-05F4-4EA5-8533-0699A6F345A2.webp
    0C89021D-05F4-4EA5-8533-0699A6F345A2.webp
    82.8 KB · Views: 7
my first go at a snuggle pouch! unfortunately i bought wadding too thick so now my girls really have to squish into it to get in and its not big enough for the both of them without the worry of arguing!🤦🏼‍♀️🤣 was enjoyable making it though, currently on hold from a wrist injury meaning i can’t use the machine!🤦🏼‍♀️😢
I love that fabric, I made my first cuddle cup out it, it’s a little on the small side too but my Hector loves it even though he’s far too big for it
1654022744202.webp

Those look great 👍 love the materials. The thick wadding will be super-duper warm for the colder weather. Your piggies may not wish to share it anyway... All my piggies prefer to snuggle alone, sharing's not their style whether that is a snack or a snuggle pouch :D

I’m the same as you @Bill & Ted .
Despite several friends trying to teach me the needles always win.
You can sew and make theses beautiful fleecy things for piggies.
I can cook. If I see something interesting in a shop, I can recreate it just from reading the list of ingredients and I love preparing food for friends.

We all have different gifts and all are to be celebrated
Oh I wish I could cook too 😆 I can make a good Sunday Lunch and cook ordinary meals but OH is far better at baking, he should go on bake off 😆

Well I always thought I was a visual learner but I have not faired well watching other people and been shown. Perhaps I need to find the time to try a different method. I can knit once all the stitches are on and keep going but as soon as I drop a stitch I’m lost and clueless. I think I need to find a knitting club or a really easy book or magazine?
That would be a good idea. I was considering something, will see if I can do it.

@Merab's Slave I think you are right, I can use a sewing machine and knit but I cannot crochet at all! I can follow a recipe but am not good at making things up. I would love to be able to needle felt like mildremaudeandenid but that is unlikely! Life would be dull if we didn't have different skills!

Those look great 👍 love the materials. The thick wadding will be super-duper warm for the colder weather. Your piggies may not wish to share it anyway... All my piggies prefer to snuggle alone, sharing's not their style whether that is a snack or a snuggle pouch :D

aw thanks so much! the lines are a bit all over the place but for a first attempt what can you do lol, my girls sure didn’t seem to mind haha! yes because i’ve only been able to make one, i didn’t want to just use the one in case of arguing!

i love it too! omg i wish i could make cuddle cups, your so talented! i can’t wait to get back to sewing!
Aw thanks so much, I’m a late starter, never made anything more than curtains until I got the guinea pigs. I would like to make some simple clothes from a pattern maybe next?

Aw thanks so much, I’m a late starter, never made anything more than curtains until I got the guinea pigs. I would like to make some simple clothes from a pattern maybe next?

curtains are impressive too! yeah that sounds amazing! would love too see the finished product when your done😃

Definitely give it a go! My mum, three of my sisters and my dad all knew/know how to sew. My crafting bug leaned to crochet and knitting. However, I did once see a dress for my daughter. It was lined, had a zip and a collar but was sleeveless. I made a mock-up for a dress for myself a while back but have yet to use it. Probably have to let it out now though ☹️

Oh just remembered I sewed dresses for my girls to wear at my parents’ wedding anniversary.

Last edited:
Back