Show your crafts (WIP or finished)

I'd love to see some of your felts! I've only been doing it since November last year so I'm still a beginner.
I only managed three so far. A cat that looked more like a chinchilla, a second cat that looked more like an ewok and a guinea pig that looked a bit like a guinea pig but nothing like yours.
I think crocheting works better for me, but I'll post a picture of my next project when it's finished.
The crocheting I do mostly in the evening while watching tv and I don't really trust myself with a felting needle in this situation. :oops:

It's all a bit of a learning curve. My first felts were terrible! 🤣

If you fancy another go at a guinea pig I've just written a "how to..." article for Guinea Pig Magazine so it should be in next month's issue.
Thank you! That's great. :D
My first amigurumis were pretty terrible as well, but crocheting is less dangerous than felting. :woot:

I've finished the scarf, I've been working on during the past weeks. :D
20220419_080923.webp
The wool was a mistake when I ordered different balls of wool a few months ago. But since the wool looked like it would be matching to one of my jackets, I decided to keep it.
20220419_080943.webp
Not my favourite colors, but I think they will look good together.
Now I only need a bit warmer weather. I'm really fed up with our current temperatures.

Anyway ... my last scarf for a while.
Now I've got to find a new project. :hmm:

IMG-20220506-WA0001.webp
Pinned it all together last night ready for today's class, hoping I've done it right! Otherwise that's 150 pins to remove and redo! I went for a plain black backing as there is so much going on in the front, I think I only have 2 more lessons to go so really hoping I can get it finished.

View attachment 202405
Pinned it all together last night ready for today's class, hoping I've done it right! Otherwise that's 150 pins to remove and redo! I went for a plain black backing as there is so much going on in the front, I think I only have 2 more lessons to go so really hoping I can get it finished.

Wow it’s looking amazing. I love it.

View attachment 202405
Stunning - particularly for a first attempt.
Today I bought the last few pieces of fabric for my next quilt project.
It really is addictive and I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Bread baking today - this is my latest loaf, which actually looks a little wonky (artisan?).
But it tasted good.
A 50/50 sour dough.

View attachment 202490
Looks yum!

Do any of you know any nice bread and cake recipes that are dairy, (soya) and egg free? I’ll have to make my sons birthday cakes going forward and want to find a nice recipe.

Looks yum!

Do any of you know any nice bread and cake recipes that are dairy, (soya) and egg free? I’ll have to make my sons birthday cakes going forward and want to find a nice recipe.
I don't have any recipes, but I know aquafaba is a good substitute for eggs and it can whip up pretty good. I was watching one of my favorite youtubers and she was showing all recipes that she was using chickpea aquafaba.

Back