Show Us Your Fleece!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep:( they have quite a few on the asda website though :) they even have the Scottie dog print which is my favorite!

I like a lot, but some are one picture as a whole fleece so can't be cut to make liners or you ruin the picture. That's why i like repetitive print ones :)

I agree, its really annoying when you find a really nice fleece but one picture covers the whole fleece.

Do you know the size of the £5 kids fleeces on asda because it doesn't say?

I currently have a stack of fleece waiting to be made into liners when I have enough money to buy the pigs a new 7ft hutch. At the moment they have a 4ft hutch and I have made liners for them.

Do you put anything in your liners? If so what?

No I just use fleece and towel sewn together :) Erm, the exact size I don't know, but they are a good standard size.

Ok thanks. I just use 2 fleeces for my liners then a thick layer of newspaper on the bottom.

I need more towels now to match up with the trillion fleeces I own so I can sew more liners!

Ohh thanks for that! Last time I went in they where £7 I usually get them from Ikea at £5 a bath sheet :)

I got the blue start one from Ikea, its HUGE! The spaceship one was from Asda.

I've made my own liners using two layers of fleece with a mattress protector sewn in the middle. They work far better than I expected. No smell, very dry on changing too (changed after 4 days) with a well used litter tray too. The mattress protector was £7 from Argos and I got two 100x100 from it. This is the pink anchor one (the boys don't mind :yahoo: ) and we have a Frozen one! I got this fleece from local Abakhan store, it has a cream fleece on the bottom and they were less than £5 for a 100x150 size. So I've got a liner and a few pads for about £12.
I've made a cuddle cup with changeable cushion pads and will be making a fleece hanging bed as soon as I can get back on my machine :nod:image.webp

Last edited:
Pingu, which mattress protectors did you buy? I have made liners with incontinence pads, which are great, but very expensive and difficult to sew as they are so thick. I will need to make some more once I have extended my cage. Did you use a single layer of protector? Is that absorbent enough?

Pingu, which mattress protectors did you buy? I have made liners with incontinence pads, which are great, but very expensive and difficult to sew as they are so thick. I will need to make some more once I have extended my cage. Did you use a single layer of protector? Is that absorbent enough?
I used this one http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/1272868.htm
On sale now so think I'll buy a couple more! One layer works perfectly. Can be diddly when sewing as the inside of it is like wadding and can get stuck in the footplate! But I managed it.

That is some very inpressive sewing! I've just made my first attempt at one of these, but it's hand sewn and a bit lumpy!

Can I ask what you used to stuff it please? The tutorial I followed said sponge prices, but I'm wondering if wadding would work...
I used wadding for mine and the sides stay up fine. Will use wadding in the pads too :D

Pinguxxx that cage liner and cuddle cup are amazing! I love that anchor print. Your sewing is so lovely! I was planning to make liners with that Argos matress protecter so it is good to know it works- oooohhh its on sale, NEED!

I would love to see the frozen print!

Oh and by the way your piggies are adorable and they look so comfy in that picture!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back