Show Us Your Fleece!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I nearly got that owl one a few days ago but I stayed strong and reminded myself I was saving up for a new hutch!!

But I admit I bought some fleece today, despite my plan not to buy any more until I get the new hutch, it was really cheap though because it was at a car boot sale. If i see fleece for sale I need it!I am in love with the heart fleece!

This is the heart one and it was only £3 for 2 massive blankets of it!
IMG_20150816_134818.webp

I also got this frog/ green polka a dot one , it has a fleece frog heag which I am going to cut out and make into a mat! ( and it was only 50p!)

IMG_20150816_134934.webp
I also got 2 fleece blanket/teddy things ( I don't know the name!) Which I have wanted for ages! (50p each)
IMG_20150816_135009.webp

This isn't fleece but I also got a Winnie the Poo curtain which I am going to make hay bags with!
IMG_20150816_135030.webp

I have to admit I think my fleece addiction has gone to far... I have 14 fleece blankets now which I have no where for them to go! I am saving 11 for the new hutch but I guess I am going to be doing a lot of sewing this week and make my pigs some new beds, YAY!

Next Sunday I am going to the car boot again, my fleece hoard will get bigger!

Would you mind telling me how you made this? I can't find a decent you tube tutorial... X

I like the tutorial by CavyCompanions on you tube best.

You basically cut out 3 11" circles, 1 out of patterned fleece, one out of wadding and one out of plain fleece. Then you will also need 3 strips of 5" by 30" with a opening cut out. ( again one of each material)

You then want to tack the plain fleece pieces to the wadding ( right sides facing you) so the wadding circle tacked to the plain fleece piece and the same tfor the other piece.

Then fold the patterned fleece piece in half, right sides facing and pin and sew the sort edge so you have a circle.

Do the same for the wadding/ plain fleece that are tacked together.

Pin the patterned fleece strip which you just sewn into a circle onto the 11" patterned fleece circle so you get the shape of a cuddle cup- right sides facing inwards. Sew.

Repeat for the wadding/ plain pieces.

Put the wadding/ plain cuddle cup part inside the patterned fleece part- right sides together and pin around the opening and top.

Sew but leave an opening.

Turn right side out and put plain fleece inside the patterned fleece.

Sew the opening closed.

Hope this helped, sorry if you can't understand it I'm terrible at explaning stuff, lol

@artcasper careful when buying their throws atm, my Mum had to take some back because they were out of shape, the manager measured them and they were really out of shape lol, they ended being put on for £2.50.

That was aimed at Art because we're both from Nott's lol.

@artcasper careful when buying their throws atm, my Mum had to take some back because they were out of shape, the manager measured them and they were really out of shape lol, they ended being put on for £2.50.

That was aimed at Art because we're both from Nott's lol.
Lol with my measuring skills it will.fine but will check it anyway when i open it lol... didnt see many patterns today ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back