Show Us Your Fleece!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was from Wilkinsons, rather extravagant at £8 :eek: But my little girl wanted it and paid for it.
Yes they use the hanging bed, it's only an inch or so off the floor so when they go in it their butts touch the floor lol!
I made the cave from a c&c grid with some thick plastic on top secured with cable ties. Then just draped fleece over and snipped to make the strips. Basil loves poking his nose out! I used some chain to support it from the cage top rather than from underneath so it didn't compromise floor space or be a pain when changing the liner.

It was from Wilkinsons, rather extravagant at £8 :eek: But my little girl wanted it and paid for it.
Yes they use the hanging bed, it's only an inch or so off the floor so when they go in it their butts touch the floor lol!
I made the cave from a c&c grid with some thick plastic on top secured with cable ties. Then just draped fleece over and snipped to make the strips. Basil loves poking his nose out! I used some chain to support it from the cage top rather than from underneath so it didn't compromise floor space or be a pain when changing the liner.

Oh cool, yeah Wilkinson's has some really nice fleece:) but some are expensive too :( I think I will make one of the beds then! ( if you could tell me the measurements it would be a great help!) Oh a C&C grid. That idea you had to hang it up is good- unfortunatly I have none- I know shocker- a cavy owner without C&C grids!

Not yet no :( It's in town and a very rarely actually go into town. I know I need to make a trip!

Oh cool, yeah Wilkinson's has some really nice fleece:) but some are expensive too :( I think I will make one of the beds then! ( if you could tell me the measurements it would be a great help!) Oh a C&C grid. That idea you had to hang it up is good- unfortunatly I have none- I know shocker- a cavy owner without C&C grids!
I started off by using this pattern
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/54055-Instructions-How-to-make-a-Hanging-Bed
But thought 14" diameter was huge so I used 11" (already had this size cut) I also sewed all the bottom pieces together before closing the top, I could see how it was hanging then. I did a much bigger graduated seam for the 'roof'. The bottom of the arch piece I used when cut across the dotted line was 29". I still made it with a height of 12". I reinforced the opening with some pipe cleaners (bent over at the ends) shoved into the seam allowance :D

I started off by using this pattern
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/54055-Instructions-How-to-make-a-Hanging-Bed
But thought 14" diameter was huge so I used 11" (already had this size cut) I also sewed all the bottom pieces together before closing the top, I could see how it was hanging then. I did a much bigger graduated seam for the 'roof'. The bottom of the arch piece I used when cut across the dotted line was 29". I still made it with a height of 12". I reinforced the opening with some pipe cleaners (bent over at the ends) shoved into the seam allowance :D

Thank you! That's a good idea about using the pipe cleaners! I will probably make one now!

Possibly. I suppose it depends on the size of your water bottle too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back