Diet Club

Well I'm off to the gym in 10 mins for a spin class and then I'm going to try Pilates for the first time. I injured my right calf muscle and ligaments last year and still get a bit of discomfort when doing high impact work so fingers crossed a bit of stretching at Pilates regularly might help.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Lisa x

I didn't know there was a recipe thread. How exciting.
Btw I had Diet Coke chicken last week and it was surprisingly edible :drool:

Well I'm off to the gym in 10 mins for a spin class and then I'm going to try Pilates for the first time. I injured my right calf muscle and ligaments last year and still get a bit of discomfort when doing high impact work so fingers crossed a bit of stretching at Pilates regularly might help.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Lisa x
I hate the spinning bike! The virtual instructor on the bike gives out orders, my little fat hairy legs are going like the clappers and I'm sweating like a glass blowers backside! Meanwhile the blonde toned git doesn't even break a sweat! :yikes:

I hate the spinning bike! The virtual instructor on the bike gives out orders, my little fat hairy legs are going like the clappers and I'm sweating like a glass blowers backside! Meanwhile the blonde toned git doesn't even break a sweat! :yikes:

Virtual instructor ! What is the world coming to !

I'm exactly the same even down to the little fat hairy legs! I look as if I've been in the shower when I come out of the class - sweaty Betty! Prefer an instructor to the virtual version though :nod: My gym is open 24/7 so they run virtual spin a lot of the time for the folk that go later at night/early morning (certainly not me so far!)

Pilates was a good calming way to stretch out your muscles and I think I'll dip in and out of it depending on whether I feel the need to get up and go to the gym on a Sunday - so certainly not every week.

Lisa x

It seems different in the gym now as I have no event to work towards! :(

Time to find another target to work towards :yahoo:

Got my 2 stone loss award certificate at Slimming World last Thursday
Really pleased, it's taken me since beginning of June and I've set another target of 1 more stone and will review then see how I feel and look then.
Eventually I need to rejoin a gym I guess but not driving the nearest is 3 miles away or 2 trains and I have to get back after work to help out at home. I'll see how things go. If I say I need to lose another 2-3 stone it sounds to much so going for a stone at a time!

Really pleased, it's taken me since beginning of June and I've set another target of 1 more stone and will review then see how I feel and look then.
Eventually I need to rejoin a gym I guess but not driving the nearest is 3 miles away or 2 trains and I have to get back after work to help out at home. I'll see how things go. If I say I need to lose another 2-3 stone it sounds to much so going for a stone at a time!

:yahoo::yahoo: 2 stones :yahoo::yahoo: congratulations

Tell you what, there is a half marathon in Carlisle next month, fancy joining me on it? :))
Well done :yahoo:

I told myself that at the 2 mile point, the 4 mile point, 6 miles, 7 miles and 7 and a half miles, 9 miles, 10 miles, 11 miles, through gritted teeth at 12 miles, through tears at 12 and a half miles, on my knees at 13 miles and as I limped over the finishing line muttering never a:cen:gain! :yikes:

Nope, trainers fitted perfectly! Look at my photo in the GNR topic to see the hill that caused the damage!

Nope, trainers fitted perfectly! Look at my photo in the GNR topic to see the hill that caused the damage!

They should be too big, usually a size bigger, because when you run any kind of distance your feet increase in size

They were well worn in over 12 months, running decent distances. ;)

Just had to share this with you guys.
Despite a really difficult couple of diet weeks which have involved numerous 3 course dinners, lunch at the fabulous Annie's Burger Shack and at the amazing TNQ in Manchester I have finally managed to lose 12lbs. Not sure at this pace that I will make my target of losing 2 stones by Christmas but I'm plodding on anyway.

I had a 7lb gain this week, my heart isn't in it at the moment, I need another goal to gee me up, my Chri - December seasonal goal is to be under 17 stone, I'll be lucky if it happens! :(

I pledged to lose 7lb this week! I failed miserably! I only lost 6lb! :(

Back